IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing mentioned here that DN doesn't have an alibi for the date. Where did that comment originate, do you know? I don't recall LE stating it as a fact. If they did, can you point me to a quote? Nor have I seen that he had means or that he was in the vicinity of Delphi. Again, if LE said this, I'd be most eager to read.

TIA

I also keep seeing "DN has no alibi." We don't know this. All we know is that KN said that she can't remember whether he was with her at that ultrasound appointment. However, we don't know that LE hasn't determined this for certain. It's possible that they interviewed the OBGYN staff and that THEY remembered him, or that he was caught on the security camera (if they had one).

Sorta OT, but still related. What was the name of the cyclist who was found shot, and does he have a thread on WS?

TIA.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Shire you have taken my words out of context.

If you would please read what I did say, I chose the words very carefully to make sure I quoted the Sheriff accurately.

And yes, I call much of what has been discussed about DN as "picking apart". That is my opinion.

And again, please look at my original question about the alibi. I asked if it had been stated by LE he had no alibi.

Is that the "nothing concrete" interview as I call it? He didn't say they "have nothing" but "have nothing concrete" which has a different meaning. As usual, with the sheriff, it is non committal imo.
As DN is a POI, it is allowed to continue discussing him ("picking apart") . The Sheriff only has to declare him no longer a POI and it would stop. So why not do that instead of waffling? It is because they have nothing concrete to rule him out yet imo. No alibi, no results back, no voice match. However, they have eye witnesses so we will have to wait to find out what they think, I guess.
Eta. Those are opinions on the alibi, results and voice btw. Based on the fact he would be ruled out by an alibi (e.g. from KN's ultra sound ).
We did hear from KN that the car and all their clothes had been taken by LE so forensics will have been done on them and may well still be in process so that is another point regarding the delay.

Boxer, again, I asked if LE had made a statement.

I appreciate everyone trying to cear it up for me, but I wanted to know if anyone from LE has made a statement that he has no aibi.

I wasn't trying to start anything by my question. It was a question, that's all. But thank you. :)

Also from the article you posted the link for:

However, officials have not made a formal link between Nations and the teens’ murders. The reporter is using information that is a month old. The link I provided for the interview with Sheriff Leazenby is less than a week old but basically says the same thing, only more recent.

If DN had an alibi they would be able to exclude him.

"Indiana investigators traveled to El Paso County, Colo., earlier this month and interviewed Nations, but found no information that would specifically “include or exclude” him as a possible suspect, according to FOX59."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/26/person-interest-in-murders-indiana-teens-charged-in-colorado-case.html

O/T -- I find it appalling that a person could menace another person with a hatchet in a trail situation, where help is far away -- and have a bail of 5k for a suspect with a history of failures to appear.
5k means that $500 dollars gets him out on that charge.

I do wish we had an expert who could explain precisely how these types of bonds are assessed. I think many times it leaves a number of us thinking the same as you, Boxer.

Sorta OT, but still related. What was the name of the cyclist who was found shot, and does he have a thread on WS?

TIA.

Tim Watkins and I didn't find a thread, but gosh I sure hope there is one and I only missed it.

One thing that is hopeful, in my opinion is that the ISP and CaCo Sherriffs were assertive when indicated they had other leads they were following -- I even got the feeling they thought DN was a distraction for them. Hoping they get a break soon.

Tim Watkins and I didn't find a thread, but gosh I sure hope there is one and I only missed it.
The reason I ask is because I thought LE was also looking into DN for possible involvement with that death. But maybe not. Maybe it was just suggested they might somewhere in this thread.

TIA.

Tim Watkins. Not sure if there is a thread. MOO
Sorry, didn’t see this was already answered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I ask is because I thought LE was also looking into DN for possible involvement with that death. But maybe not. Maybe it was just suggested they might somewhere in this thread.

Yes, that's kind of what started the whole thing with DN. In my opinion, there is a MUCH stronger link between DN and that death than with DN and the Delphi murders.

Shire you have taken my words out of context.

If you would please read what I did say, I chose the words very carefully to make sure I quoted the Sheriff accurately.

And yes, I call much of what has been discussed about DN as "picking apart". That is my opinion.

And again, please look at my original question about the alibi. I asked if it had been stated by LE he had no alibi.
Of course LE have not said anything about an alibi and you know that. I have explained it is imo he has no alibi, based on the fact KN cannot "remember". I do not think i have taken anything out of context - let me know what I said that makes you think that and I will correct it of course. "nothing concrete" works both ways and the Sheriff knows that. (IMO) I'm fed up listening to nothing concrete coming from his lips.

Actually it was $20K to $6.8K; and I believe Teller is $15K - not sure - "where" did you get these bail amounts of $25K?? TIA! :wave:

today - in Teller County:

Thursday, November 2nd:
*Dispositional Hearing @ 8:30am PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th

So from what I understand he still has NOT been charged (in El Paso County) for "attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender".

Right? TIA! :wave:
I added the individual amounts up incorrectly i think that's how I got that amount. Sorry about that - it's doing my head in. :confused:
Eta in my defence I did get the reduced by two thirds bit right. $6.8k is a two thirds reduction of $20k more or less.

I've previously asked and looked and I don't think there is one. I think it should be ok to comment on TW on this thread till someone starts one I guess. Especially as it was TW murder that enabled DN apprehension. (TW's friend saw DN and got his licence number)

I do wish we had an expert who could explain precisely how these types of bonds are assessed. I think many times it leaves a number of us thinking the same as you, Boxer.
I think the judge has made a mistake. I hope the Teller Co judge does not make the same mistake. That's why I wondered exactly where TW body was found. I have been looking for the exact county boundary to try to determine that but Mt Herman road is a long winding road that appears to cross the County line. MOO.

KN will also be in court today regarding their children.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 78
I always thought if a person had previously not turned up then bail would be denied completely as a flight risk, so I don't understand how they justify offering bail at all - it should not even be on the table in this instance imo.

Actually it was $20K to $6.8K; and I believe Teller is $15K - not sure - "where" did you get these bail amounts of $25K?? TIA! :wave:

today - in Teller County:

Thursday, November 2nd:
*Dispositional Hearing @ 8:30am PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th

So from what I understand he still has NOT been charged (in El Paso County) for "attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender".

Right? TIA! :wave:

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mo...-of-interest-in-Delphi-murders-448560803.html

He is still being charged, however according to this article, bail was reduced to the "standard amount". He is still charged, and will appear for disposition of the charges later in November

Posting as a reminder...as I am still VERY UNCLEAR WHY KN, children and custody and like is being allowed discussed.

Mod Note:

Please do not sleuth or accuse anyone who has not been named as a suspect or POI by LE.

From The Rules:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

A portion of this article by Alexis McAdams contains an interview with Capt Brent Worth of the Morgan County Sheriff's Dept.

Posted 5:09 pm, September 29, 2017
"He was always punctual as far as reporting," said Worth. At this point, he said that he had a car, or did not have a car? There was times where he did and times where he was having vehicle problems I think."
Source: http://cbs4indy.com/2017/09/29/poli...ndiana-the-same-week-girls-bodies-were-found/

Capt Worth seemed to be aware there were times DN had vehicle problems but why was he aware of that? Did it come up with relation to DN getting there to sign? Were there instances where DN called in and said something like 'I'll be there today but later, my/her/the car won't start, I have to find a ride'. Or perhaps he habitually showed up in the morning to get it out of the way, but there were times he came in later in the day and mentioned car trouble in passing.

On DN's weekly sign-in sheet for Morgan Co, the date he signed in is written down but the time is not. I can't recall any instance where the time of check in on 2/14 was mentioned, can you? Because there does not appear to be a legal requirement that the check in be done by a specific hour on the 7th day. (See IN Code below).

So it sounds possible he could've checked in late in the day on 2/14 and not much thought was given to it because he wasn't breaking any rules. DN didn't come into LE's radar till months later when they couldn't locate him. So if the time of 2/14 sign-in wasn't documented in writing or by camera it wouldn't necessarily be an easy detail to recall.

Below is a link to IN Sex Offender Registration laws. I pasted the portion re: Temporary Residence. See item c. Even though RSOs without a principal or temporary residence are required to check in at least once every seven days, there is no indication that there is a specific hour they have to register by (e.g. by 9:00 a.m. on the seventh day, or by 5:00 p.m. on the seventh day).

IC 11-8-8-12Temporary residence
Sec. 12. (a) As used in this section, "temporary residence" means a residence:
(1) that is established to provide transitional housing for a person without another residence; and
(2) in which a person is not typically permitted to reside for more than thirty (30) days in a sixty (60) day period.
(b) This section applies only to a sex or violent offender who resides in a temporary residence. In addition to the other requirements of this chapter, a sex or violent offender who resides in a temporary residence shall register in person with the local law enforcement authority in which the temporary residence is located:
(1) not more than seventy-two (72) hours after the sex or violent offender moves into the temporary residence; and
(2) during the period in which the sex or violent offender resides in a temporary residence, at least once every seven (7) days following the sex or violent offender's initial registration under subdivision (1).
(c) A sex or violent offender who does not have a principal residence or temporary residence shall report in person to the local law enforcement authority in the county where the sex or violent offender resides at least once every seven (7) days to report an address for the location where the sex or violent offender will stay during the time in which the sex or violent offender lacks a principal address or temporary residence.
(d) A sex or violent offender's obligation to register in person once every seven (7) days terminates when the sex or violent offender no longer resides in the temporary residence or location described in subsection (c). However, all other requirements imposed on a sex or violent offender by this chapter continue in force, including the requirement that a sex or violent offender register the sex or violent offender's new address with the local law enforcement authority.
As added by P.L.140-2006, SEC.13 and P.L.173-2006, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.216-2007, SEC.20.

Source: http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2017/ic/titles/011/#11-8-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member