IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the police have come out, they have told us..they have told us that they don't have enough evidence pointing away from DN to rule him out as a suspect, even though he is the one and only suspect in this case.

(Snipped by me for focus)

The only publicly identified "person of interest" or whatever they called him, anyway. We don't know whether there are others on LE's list whose names haven't been made public. DN wouldn't have become public if his name hadn't come out on the Colorado side.

Thanks, I was always thinking it was MP because he speaks so often for the family. As a matter of fact, I don't read too much into his statement about fighting. Like everything else in this case, it's been dissected every which way and I agree with those who say it was likely just a general statement about her character. Or perhaps his way of dealing with a painful and almost incomprehensible situation.

I agree with everything you say here. For the longest time too, I thought it was Mike Patty as well. Like you said, he speaks for the family so often.

In fact, I remember being very surprised when I found out it was her other grandfather who said this.

I know for myself, I have often got some of my facts mixed up in this case. I imagine I probably still have a few assumptions that, in reality, are not true at all.

So I understand exactly how you feel...

I agree. I think the reporter probably just got confused. As I said to someone earlier, if that was the actual COD, it would've been leaked a LONG time ago. And we'd have all been over that like a can of worms. :) Unless, as you said, there was something more to it that set it apart (further injuries, etc.) then it really doesn't make sense.

As far as MP's quote...I wonder how much of that actually means something? He could have meant that, knowing Libby, he felt confident that she fought back (without knowing the extent of her injuries or what happened). Or he could've just meant that she ran away and tried. I wonder if he ever regrets saying that now? That's kind of the way I feel about the "twist" statement (which is often taken out of context and misquoted). I wonder if was a simple aside, a casual thing he didn't really even put a lot of thought into, never guessing that it would be as analyzed and discussed as it is now.

Depends on if he said it before, or after the autopsy...IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Person of Interest, a lot different then Suspect

This is how things get blown away and backstories are created based on alternative facts. Heck, the backstories are getting their own narratives now. If it wasn't getting so sad it would be a fascinating study from an Anthropological point of view.

I am not sure the sound of gun shots would have alarmed anyone in that region but jmo.

POI is a suspect lite.

still a suspect. semantics. Ill give you.

MOO

On “person of interest,” we need not speculate since LE has already addressed the issue: http://www.newsandtribune.com/india...cle_81385017-71b3-5bdf-9b6c-fec300fc3258.html

It seems everyone LE has spoken with — and there have obviously been many — is considered a “person of interest” in a general sense. LE has made no statement to indicate DN is anything more at this point.

I am not sure the sound of gun shots would have alarmed anyone in that region but jmo.

I agree that there would no alarm for shooting - but think that any one on the trail that heard shooting would remember that they heard shooting.

I don't believe for one hot second those beautiful girls were shot. Whatever the twist is in this case will unveil how they lost their precious lives.
Continuing lurking...
Justice will be served!!! Patience my friends!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

You are correct. Many here in rural Indiana set up bales of hay with targets, or shoot into a creek bank just to keep our skills sharp or to teach our loved ones weapon safety. I was in Carroll County last evening and heard a single gunshot (in the distance) as I arrived at my destination. I figured a farmer shot at a coyote or simply was just zeroing his weapon.

I agree that there would no alarm for shooting - but think that any one on the trail that heard shooting would remember that they heard shooting.

We don't know that they didn't remember. We don't know what they told police.

One of many things we don't know...

what is the twist????? omigod I cannot take the torture of not understanding or knowing this twist .

it's driving me mad, what is it? why don't they tell us?

things that could be twists..

unknown woman's DNA found at the scene
the killer was a non-secretor
more than one murder weapon
2 sets of footprints

I mean is finding the phone a TWIST? I hardly think so...so what is it? Dang it.!.I wish they wouldn't have said that. MOO

what is the twist????? omigod I cannot take the torture of not understanding or knowing this twist .

2 sets of footprints

I mean is finding the phone a TWIST? I hardly think so...so what is it? Dang it.!.I wish they wouldn't have said that. MOO

I think the twist is that the victims captured their presumed killer on audio/video.

An unusual manner of death could also be a twist but I really feel the video is what was being referred to. I’ll have to go back and verify but I believe the twist comment was made prior to LE telling the public the source of the BG photo (which is really a video still).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 sets of footprints

I think the twist is that the victims captured their presumed killer on audio/video.

An unusual manner of death could also be a twist but I really feel the video is what was being referred to. I’ll have to go back and verify but I believe the twist comment was made prior to LE telling the public the source of the BG photo (which is really a video still).

I agree, hiker. I think the "twist" is simply that they got the suspect on video. I think the original quote, often misquoted and taken out of context, was a throwaway comment and in reference to the video image they had. Leazenby said that he'd never seen a "twist" like this before, and I truly believe he was referring to the imagery. It makes sense, since most murder victims don't actually get pictures/videos of their killers during the act (or even right before). My opinion, of course.

Sorry to quote myself but wanted to add in the context of the “twist” comment.

It’s in the Media thread and was an interview with Sheriff Tobe Leazenby (SL) and local YouTuber Michael Stroup (MS) on March 7. User Deugirtini transcribed the interview which I’ve quoted part of below.

One important fact I originally had wrong is that the twist comment was made after LE revealed that the video/still image of BG came from Libby’s phone. I still think he’s referring to the video capture but will admit it could be something else entirely (manner of death, way they were found, multiple killers, etc.)

MS: So I figured with the picture, I might've known the guy. But I'd never seen him.

SL: Sure. Yeah. Yeah. Uhhmm that was the same obvious concept or thought process we had as well because um, you know, as I've (stumbles on words and says Excuse me) shared with other outlets, that we've had our share of, even double homicides, but they were elderly folks back in the 90s and it turned out to be, um, unfortunately, grandchildren involved in their deaths, and uh, so yeah, we were able to catch those pretty quick, but uh, umm, this one's just, it's, it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen.

Link to original post and full interview:

This is the telephone interview that 'Michael Stroup', a local, and 'youtuber' with 7000 subscribers to his channel, did with Sheriff Leazenby on March 7th. In it he asks the direct question, 'do you have DNA'. The Sheriff explains how that misconception occurred. I have also transcribed the interview. It may not be perfect. There were a couple of times when I couldn't quite catch the exact word being said.

[video=youtube;K_ISwatrrpY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ISwatrrpY[/video]

Transcription of telephone interview (MS is Michael Stroup and SL is Sheriff Leazenby):

I do believe the reporter updated his story to say, explicitly, that the COD has not been provided, yet the discussion of the shooting continues?
There is no Official information in MSM or from LE that the girls were shot. The reporter's error was corrected.
https://m.gazette.com/suspect-in-mount-herman-hatchet-threats-charged-with-menacing/article/1613915

The "shooting death" of the girls is not factual and at best, after the correction, is mere rumor which is not allowed.

JMO
But now people are speculating on the COD, which is allowed surely? Just back to how it was and as it is fact in TW death plus DN is a POI for both it is really relevant IMO.

Ok that photo is freaking me out, that photo reminds me of BG more than any other photo (there may have been one more...)

I thought that too. This is a pic that EP county just took recently, I presume. He does not look so gaunt as in the previous one so maybe has put some weight back on.

Ok that photo is freaking me out, that photo reminds me of BG more than any other photo (there may have been one more...)

I've honestly never seen anything like it before, were one person can look so different in each mugshot. For the last few days I've been pretty convinced that DN isn't connected to these killings, partially because he looks nothing like BG in Libby's videos and then this mugshot comes along and he looks almost exactly like how I always imagined the man in the video stills would look like.

I really wish we had some idea of when he's going to either be charged or cleared. The wait is getting torturous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1