IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other person that was in the public eye and being rumored about for the murders was RL. LE made it known publicly that RL is not a POI in the Delphi murders. They have not done this with DN at all. I do not think this a dead end, but that there is more to it that they are investigating and putting together. I do believe we will see charges brought against DN and possibly others.
Where did LE state this? I thought they stated the same thing for DN and RL.

From what I can tell, both RL and DN became fodder for the media and online sleuthing communities, like this one.

RL was suspected for a variety of reasons, and none of them have made sense to me after that time. I have heard nothing about him protecting his property, like in this case: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Mountain_murders

DN seems a better suspect, IMO. Here, I think if the suspect was like DN, there would be some sort of rage and sexual aspect to it, given his history.

So two motives: 1) This is my land (RL) and 2) Rage/ lust killer (who knows who it could be).

There is a third option the girls were targeted by someone known to them who wanted to silence them. That seems unlikely to me, because of the picture on the bridge and voice being made so public.

So frustrating, and disappointing there are no leads I know of leading to justice.

From what I can tell, both RL and DN became fodder for the media and online sleuthing communities, like this one.

RL was suspected for a variety of reasons, and none of them have made sense to me after that time. I have heard nothing about him protecting his property, like in this case: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_Mountain_murders

DN seems a better suspect, IMO. Here, I think if the suspect was like DN, there would be some sort of rage and sexual aspect to it, given his history.

So two motives: 1) This is my land (RL) and 2) Rage/ lust killer (who knows who it could be).

There is a third option the girls were targeted by someone known to them who wanted to silence them. That seems unlikely to me, because of the picture on the bridge and voice being made so public.

So frustrating, and disappointing there are no leads I know of leading to justice.
I know nothing of this protecting my property motive. I think there were other reasons ppl who thought it was RL put forth that seemed more feasible. Which I don't want to get into its all been played out so tiresomely for both RL and DN.

I have no freakin idea on who it may be personally, could be a suspect that is now deceased.
The BG could be random, the hardest to solve. The girls could have stumbled on something or someone stumbled upon them and became an opportunist?

Beyond frustrating I agree grrrr.
Need more data points to have any credible theories.

The words from LE about RL;

Maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard' Delphi property owner sentenced

Logan is not facing any charges in connection with the girls’ disappearance or murders. The Carroll County sheriff said he is "still involved" with the investigation, but is not considered a suspect.

And about DN;
Colorado Arrestee Person Of Interest In Delphi Murders
Indiana State Police on Thursday confirmed he’s a person of interest in the deaths of teens Abby Williams and Libby German, whose bodies were found near a Delphi, Ind. trail they were hiking together in February.

So DN remains the only person named POI by LE. LE stated elsewhere about the tips they have investigated and all of those are POI but for the public, DN is the only one who's name they published.

Jmo no one except folks like us are really even aware of DN at this point. It is not like he is making national media every day or even every week as a possible murder suspect. Not expecting any IN murder charges against him. Would be shocked if he is the CO killer too, as it should never take 5 weeks or whatever to check a gun. And if they have nothing to match the gun to, not sure how else they can pin him down there. Jmo

also as far as I have heard here, and looking around for updates on ML or the murder of TW, there don't seem to be any warnings out to the public regarding a possible maniac sniper serial killer type of killer around the trails and and bike paths.

so no warnings. even though TW was clearly murdered, his body moved, and covered partially with leaves.

I can see in my mind's eye someone sitting off side of the road, maybe in their car..just sitting there...waiting for a bike to come and picking off that biker with a long gun, might even be easier from the back seat, then, in the blink of an eye that biker is down on the ground.

I can see how bikers with their high rent bikes and helmets and outfits would be objects of ridicule and hatred for a guy like DN.

I can see this as a cold calculated murder done to instill absolute obedience and compliance from his wife if he did it in her presence.

I can see the SK doing it alone and unseen by anyone and then looking for a wallet with a robbery as a motive.
I also can see an SK doing this and sexually abusing the corpse of the male victim as not all SK's are picky.

I can also see ML for some reason parking at the trail head or maybe even being car jacked or abducted from somewhere she stopped that morning. There is no information that can tell us for sure if she brought that car to the trailhead or if someone drove it there and she was in fact killed somewhere else.

should the public be concerned? MOO

The words from LE about RL;

Maybe in the future no one will be murdered in my backyard' Delphi property owner sentenced

And about DN;
Colorado Arrestee Person Of Interest In Delphi Murders

So DN remains the only person named POI by LE. LE stated elsewhere about the tips they have investigated and all of those are POI but for the public, DN is the only one who's name they published.

To Add that LE also stated about DN after that quote you have:
post 389 from thread 74
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-74&p=13749324#post13749324

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Car...456775203.html

Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives is stepping down. He's prepared to leave before charges are filed in two very high-profile cases.

Then there have been tough times, most notably this last year. Four sisters were killed in the Flora house fire last November and Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered in February.

He wants people to know several investigators continue to work on the two cases every day.

"No one has given up, no one has given up hope and there are always good developments, but I can say this--there are no charges imminent, nothing is going to happen in the near real future, unless something breaks," said Ives.

He said if charges had already been filed, he most likely would not resign and try to see them through. He said whoever replaces him should have that same opportunity. He is more than willing to offer any help .​
LE responded to Media publishing DN not that IN LE came out to state they found him originally btw.
ETA: DN is not considered a suspect either, which gets lost.

I wonder how many tips law enforcement is still getting and if people are still looking out for BG in Delphi and surrounding areas. It looks like there will be little news till the one year anniversary comes. I just hope and pray he doesn’t strike again now it’s winter. I’m on the fence about DN I don’t know what to make of things. What is worrying me is public interest virtually disappearing all together with the real monster still free.

Let's put some things together for those wondering how it all might link.

DN and family move from Indiana (the state the Delphi murders happened in a park) to Colorado, living homeless in a park.
A woman initials ML is missing, her vehicle found in a park parking lot in CO
A man with a hatchet is threatening people with it in a park in CO
A man TW is found murdered by a gun in a park in CO
DN is discovered driving around the area TW was found in CO
DN owns a hatchet and a gun
DN is a RSO for life
DN fits the description of BG, tied to the Delphi murders

That's how it all comes together. Crimes in parks, murdered people in parks, missing people around parks, all in areas DN has been known to be.
In 2 states recently. DN has criminal history ie sex offenses in other states as well.

Please feel free to add. I tried to keep it simple as to how some are wondering if the crimes are linked.

If we take DN off the table entirely, what have we left to look into?
I ask this seriously, not being sarcastic. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Should we just let the crickets take over as we wait? I'm thinking maybe. Lurk mode for a while as there seems little left to say...

If we take DN off the table entirely, what have we left to look into?
I ask this seriously, not being sarcastic. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Should we just let the crickets take over as we wait? I'm thinking maybe. Lurk mode for a while as there seems little left to say...

I'm keeping DN on the table.

One more snarky comment from anyone tonite and the thread will be shut down.

Post accordingly.

Re: the hatchet throwing as a "country" sport that was discussed a couple of days ago...

My husband is a "blades" guy. He loves and makes knives, axes, hatchets, etc. He runs a fairly large and successful website forum for people who are into blades. I am from the country (our county has 2,000 people, no interstate access, one school, and zero chain stores) and have lived here for nearly 40 years. Many of my family members live in rural Indiana, including Delphi. Neither my husband nor myself know anyone who has engaged in "hatchet throwing" as a sport, nor have we seen such an activity advertised or presented in that way. While internet research shows that this sport is undoubtedly real, I would STRONGLY hesitate to call it a "country thing" or a cultural one. The men who I know that use hatchets regularly generally do not treat them as toys; these men lovingly care for their blades in the same manner in which I care for my Sephora makeup. And while you certainly CAN throw them to kill something, this isn't a common skill. I would hesitate to stereotype that anyone from the country who carries such a weapon is able to use it in such a manner.

<modsnip> While LE is doing their work and not asking for the public's input it often means they have what they need and that work is the longest silence there is IMO. Not that nothing's happening just that time is what is needed. And likely a good time for Ives to retire.
FWIW it is times when we hear nothing for so long that suddenly there is an arrest out of the blue and LE has been working it quietly.

JMO

Just FYI: I'm currently trying to collate our answers to the Bridge Guy Poll in order to post the results here. Hope to have it ready tomorrow.

Really appreciate this and looking forward to the results. Am anticipating 70% for 20% against it being DN. TYVM for doing it.

Jmo no one except folks like us are really even aware of DN at this point. It is not like he is making national media every day or even every week as a possible murder suspect. Not expecting any IN murder charges against him. Would be shocked if he is the CO killer too, as it should never take 5 weeks or whatever to check a gun. And if they have nothing to match the gun to, not sure how else they can pin him down there. Jmo

Perhaps they're waiting for the proof that the gun was accessible to DN. If it is the right gun, how would they know who actually used it? It will likely have more than just DN fingerprints on it. It obviously cannot be the Delphi murder weapon if it is right it was bought in Co. I think there is a lot for LE (and us) to consider ATM.
If it isn't DN then who else could BG be?

To Add that LE also stated about DN after that quote you have:

LE responded to Media publishing DN not that IN LE came out to state they found him originally btw.
ETA: DN is not considered a suspect either, which gets lost.
http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...ounties-appears-in-el-paso-co-court/644488398

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. - A man with possible ties to a double murder in Indiana was in El Paso County court via video conference on Tuesday.
Daniel Nations is facing charges including criminal trespassing and felony menacing.
The DA's Office argued his bond should be raised to $25,000 based on the fact that he's involved in ongoing investigations in other states.
This stems from a murder investigation in Delphi, Ind. from February. Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were found dead near a hiking trail.

As of Oct. 24, he is still under investigation!

Just FYI: I'm currently trying to collate our answers to the Bridge Guy Poll in order to post the results here. Hope to have it ready tomorrow.

I didn't see the poll. I've been in and out a lot this week (mostly out) due to hospitalization with a kidney infection. If it's not too late, add me down for a "not."

Let's put some things together for those wondering how it all might link.

DN and family move from Indiana (the state the Delphi murders happened in a park) to Colorado, living homeless in a park.
A woman initials ML is missing, her vehicle found in a park parking lot in CO
A man with a hatchet is threatening people with it in a park in CO
A man TW is found murdered by a gun in a park in CO
DN is discovered driving around the area TW was found in CO
DN owns a hatchet and a gun
DN is a RSO for life
DN fits the description of BG, tied to the Delphi murders

That's how it all comes together. Crimes in parks, murdered people in parks, missing people around parks, all in areas DN has been known to be.
In 2 states recently. DN has criminal history ie sex offenses in other states as well.

Please feel free to add. I tried to keep it simple as to how some are wondering if the crimes are linked.
I agree on the connections. Except that the incidents did not take place in a park really, but on rural trails.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

I agree on the connections. Except that the incidents did not take place in a park really, but on rural trails.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk
I believe they all happened on trails in or around state parks. I.e. to get to where they happened involved access via a trail through a state park, but please correct me if wrong.
DN has an affinity with State Parks (e.g. Plainsfield, indiana, Mt Herman, Colorado) probably because they are useful areas for the homeless due to easy access to parking, public toilets and washing facilities.

//www.wabashanderiecanal.org/

This link may help re the Delphi parks and trail system.

Ooer - I just realised what I said. "Easy access to public toilets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member