IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good perspective, but I still don't understand why AW still wanted to "ground her".

When they found the picture of Abby on the bridge (on the cloud) AW said her first thought was "Abby was so grounded." She said because she herself is terrified of heights and Abby was not supposed to be on the bridge. IMO this was the night before they were found.

Interesting that Dr. Phil has re-branded the murders to "Indiana Train Track Murders." I wonder what the thinking was behind that? Maybe it's a way to distance "Delphi" from the horror? Before last February, when I heard "Delphi" I thought "Greece." Not anymore.

Anything is better than "Snap Chat Murders" but "Train Track" seems sensationalized, IMO.

Maybe the town itself has asked that Dr. Phil (and others) assist in re-branding so as to not have the first thing people think of when they hear "Delphi Indiana" is the tragic murder of two girls. I'm sure at this point, that's not far off.

I should clarify: recently, you only hear "the Delphi murders," "delphi double homicide," etc. I wonder if it's just that the town is trying to avoid that title.

Anything is better than "Snap Chat Murders" but "Train Track" seems sensationalized, IMO.

It's a good perspective, but I still don't understand why AW still wanted to "ground her".

IMO when I first saw that bridge I couldn’t believe it was open to the public for hiking - it looked so dangerous with no railings. I know early on it was discussed whether these were “official” trails or if they ended before the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 WTHR Indianapolis

Delphi murder mystery featured on Wednesday's Dr. Phil

WTHR.COM STAFF

PUBLISHED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGOUPDATED: ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - For the first time, we're hearing from the sister of Libby German nearly ten months after Libby and her best friend Abby Williams were murdered.

The Delphi mystery will be featured on Wednesday’s Dr. Phil.

In the episode, we learn that Libby's sister was the last family member to see the girls alive.

"When I dropped them off it was like any other time I dropped them off to go to the trail. I just said goodbye and told Libby I loved her and said I'd see her when she got home,” she said. “I miss having my secret keeper and my best friend.”

Also in the episode, Libby's grandmother takes us inside Libby's bedroom.

“Everything is just as she left it. She had just painted her room. She said ‘I could do it!’ and she did. There's still a paint can from painting. Her stocking from Christmas last year right where it was.

In Wednesday's episode, you'll also hear from State Police Superintendent Doug Carter. He provides some insight into how that now-infamous suspect sketch was created.

It airs at 4:00 pm on Dr. Phil on 13 WTHR.

Oh this is going to bring on tears I bet.

I'll try this again - does anyone notice the tension between the two families? MP always sits
between the two women. Maybe AW is really angry that BP gave permission to let these girls go hiking that day.
When AW saw that picture of her daughter on that bridge, she said that Abby was so going to be grounded.

No criticism or offence intended to you Rott Mom but I don’t think we should speculate on this as it doesn’t help the families who I know read here. We need to focus on the crime and remembering Abigail and Liberty. Just my opinion please don’t take this the wrong way you have been very kind to me.

IMO when I first saw that bridge I couldn’t believe it was open to the public for hiking - it looked so dangerous with no railings. I know early on it was discussed whether these were “official” trails or if they ended before the bridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think the thing is a liability and death trap (no pun intended) it needs to be closed off or torn down, someone is going to get badly injured one day falling through it.

I'll try this again - does anyone notice the tension between the two families? MP always sits
between the two women. Maybe AW is really angry that BP gave permission to let these girls go hiking that day.
When AW saw that picture of her daughter on that bridge, she said that Abby was so going to be grounded.

Hi, RottMom!

I’ve seen some clips of the families, but have not noticed tension. I have noticed grief and heartbreak from both families.

IMO, it’s more information we don’t have. Maybe Abby didn’t reveal to Libby’s family she was not allowed to go on the bridge. Maybe Libby’s family knew she wasn’t allowed and the girls just said “trails” and then, being there on their own, crossed the bridge anyway. I noticed the upstream quote from the Dr. Phil teaser reads Libby’s sister stating “trail” not “bridge”. Both families could have been equally surprised by the girls’ presence on the bridge. We don’t know how Libby’s family reacted or whether or not they wanted to ground her, too.

JMO.

Interesting that Dr. Phil has re-branded the murders to "Indiana Train Track Murders." I wonder what the thinking was behind that? Maybe it's a way to distance "Delphi" from the horror? Before last February, when I heard "Delphi" I thought "Greece." Not anymore.
There was a train track serial killer some years ago, so I think he's trying to emulate that in his title.

There was a train track serial killer some years ago, so I think he's trying to emulate that in his title.

...alliteration can make for catchy titles and is used in advertising all the time. I bet, however, the town wants distance between the double murder and its name also.

Personally I think the thing is a liability and death trap (no pun intended) it needs to be closed off or torn down, someone is going to get badly injured one day falling through it.

"Indiana Landmarks Announces Rescue of Monon High Bridge" ~ April 11th, 2017

"Indiana Landmarks announced today that it has scheduled predevelopment work on Delphi’s Monon High Bridge in preparation for taking ownership of the railroad span from CSX. The railroad requires the work before it will give the 1891 bridge to the nonprofit preservation organization.

"While the High Bridge has been a popular destination for generations, including the period when it carried trains, it has never been considered a safe structure for pedestrians. This project will temporarily close off access in order to make it a much safer place for people of all ages to enjoy,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby."

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/2017/04/indiana-landmarks-announces-rescue-of-monon-high-bridge/

...alliteration can make for catchy titles and is used in advertising all the time. I bet, however, the town wants distance between the double murder and its name also.

Honestly I doubt if the town wanting to distance itself from the murders would have any bearing on what the producers decided to call the episode.

I think it is to grab the attention of a wider potential audience. The average nationwide television viewer might not know where Delphi is, unless following the murders. Using the title “Delphi Murders” might not entice as many viewers to watch but there are “Train Tracks” everywhere so it gets the attention if more people, and it is a “catchier” title.

I actually haven't noticed it. It's really hard to say what they're feeling or thinking so I try not to speculate too much. When our son died, we were so out of it that first year that even though we went through the motions of everything we mostly just walked around in a daze.

I just watched one of the snippets from the upcoming Dr Phil episode (right on drphil.com), where they are interviewing the Superintendent from ISP. He states the released police sketch came from a face to face encounter with a Delphi resident. This person should presumably be able to discount if it was DN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just watched one of the snippets from the upcoming Dr Phil episode (right on drphil.com), where they are interviewing the Superintendent from ISP. He states the released police sketch came from a face to face encounter with a Delphi resident. This person should presumably be able to discount if it was DN.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just watched a couple snippets, the one with Libby's sister and the families brought me to tears. This seems like it will be far better quality than what was aired on the Dr Oz show. Earnestly hoping and praying this triggers something, anything, to move this case forward and justice will be served. On a side note, unless it's creative editing for previews, Abby's mom says the search was called off by LE around midnight and MP says "we" started searching again in the early morning. Then the family is talking about when they learned the girls were found. BP says she kept asking them to let her go there (sounds like the crime scene) but they wouldn't let her. It's all so heartbreaking :(

"Indiana Landmarks Announces Rescue of Monon High Bridge" ~ April 11th, 2017

"Indiana Landmarks announced today that it has scheduled predevelopment work on Delphi’s Monon High Bridge in preparation for taking ownership of the railroad span from CSX. The railroad requires the work before it will give the 1891 bridge to the nonprofit preservation organization.

"While the High Bridge has been a popular destination for generations, including the period when it carried trains, it has never been considered a safe structure for pedestrians. This project will temporarily close off access in order to make it a much safer place for people of all ages to enjoy,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby."

https://www.indianalandmarks.org/2017/04/indiana-landmarks-announces-rescue-of-monon-high-bridge/

There was an estimate somewhere for repairs and a walkway I think - at least structural repairs and grants in place but far less than the 300k cost (about that IIRC). I had/have hopes that the >200k reward could someday add to that, but the families have not expressed that desire.
If I find the link to that article in my bookmarks I will post it.

Many of these trestles have been converted to very attractive and safe rail trail attractions.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...sy-ab..3.5.914...0i24k1.0.KxPgv2tdYJk#imgrc=_

JMO

In DN's letter he said he had been asked by 7 media outlets for interviews but he insists it would have to be live no edits. I can't see any msm taking him up on that, even if LE allowed it. Would LE allow a live interview with an inmate?

BBM - Live TV, no edits...no way!! Too great a risk of one of those "wardrobe malfunctions" resulting in him waving his wee-willie-winkie at the world.

There was an estimate somewhere for repairs and a walkway I think - at least structural repairs and grants in place but far less than the 300k cost (about that IIRC). I had/have hopes that the >200k reward could someday add to that, but the families have not expressed that desire.
If I find the link to that article in my bookmarks I will post it.

Many of these trestles have been converted to very attractive and safe rail trail attractions.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...sy-ab..3.5.914...0i24k1.0.KxPgv2tdYJk#imgrc=_

JMO

ETA: YouTube link WLFITV $300,000 to include decking and railings as well as pier repairs...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsgSqr87yp8

From a year before the murders;

Save the Monon High Bridge
Since planning for High Bridge with decking and railing began in earnest three years ago, it was apparent that several different transfers of ownership would probably be needed: CSX would transfer ownership to a nonprofit organization while stabilization of the pier was accomplished, then the nonprofit would transfer the bridge to Deer Creek Township while the upper decking and railings were installed and finally the township may want to lease the bridge and trail portion to a nonprofit for long term care and maintenance. These transfers are based on funding and financial needs. CSX needs a nonprofit for its tax deduction. A nonprofit could obtain grant money for pier stabilization. And in 2014 the township obtained a $150,000 Recreational Trails Project (RTP) grant from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR), but that money can’t be used for pier stabilization.

The complete bridge and trail development has an estimated total of $275,000 or likely no more than $300,000. About three-fourths of the necessary funding for complete bridge and trail development has already been secured under current agreements. Of the remaining $50,000 to $75,000 needed, it is expected that grant money and public fund raising will accomplish this.

I've stopped following this case closely out of frustration (I don't even know what "DN's letter" means, gonna have to Google) so I'm looking forward to Dr. Phil today.

BBM - Live TV, no edits...no way!! Too great a risk of one of those "wardrobe malfunctions" resulting in him waving his wee-willie-winkie at the world.

Oh cripes I hadn't thought of that. What a horrible thought. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member