IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's within 2 hours of Delphi and he hitchhikes from his house to Delphi? Because didn't the investigators kinda stress if any one saw him maybe on the main road? Wouldn't that imply he was walking or trying to hitch a ride?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I feel like they said hitchhiker in passing. Just like the "maybe he changed his facial hair, started drinking, etc." Just giving the public things to think on if they've seen something they didn't necessarily think about in the past week. JMO. I could be wrong on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new here and to analyzing things like this never have before. I like the way you think and especially the user name.

I from the start have had this almost identical theory. Being new it was skewed a little by believing that most had been here longer and might have a better understanding.

One thing being new I don't understand... If you want help solving a puzzle you gotta put all the pieces on the board right?? Or aleast have the box as a reference so to say?

Who is it that benefits from them holding not only the info we just got for say almost a week.. But future clues that are sure to come out?

Because my mind set is the sooner the better.. Just on the statement that . Memory's fade.

Also I'm sure this guy didn't stop in a store and buy a pack of "down the hill" not very good keywords in my mind to appeal to the public about.

Any body feel free to explain please I just can't analyze it any other way as being positive.

Why wait?!?
I think they chose the soundbyte because it was clear what he was saying. Not just a tone of a voice, but a voice saying specific words. I also think they chose this because it is just him and it doesn't give away much. I hate thinking about it, but I'm betting they used what they could play for the public as in without the girls' voices on it to distract from his.

I have no explanation other than the FBI and others pulled into this case are experts on what they do. They may not be perfect, but I have to keep telling myself they want to solve this just as much as everyone else, and their choices are calculated and for the best. It's frustrating, I know.

Plus there are always the many 'confessors' that come out of the woodwork and too much info given out to the public just makes it that much harder to weed out the false tips.

Gonna disregard the "not local" opinion for now.

I tried to communicate this fact in an earlier thread, but didn't get it out past my emmotions. When we say "Delphi" we must realize this means more than just the few miles that equals Delhpi. Carroll county is a better way to put it. Even better would be "The Greater Lafayette Area". My experience with this area, which is centered very close to where this all occurred is that many folks outside of the immediate Delphi area are connected to much more than just Delphi, Americus, Flora or Battleground etc.. There are Purdue people, Surbaru people and people trying to get away from Indianapolis. Plus many folks commute both directions to jobs and homes....

I think this person is connected to Central Indiana... whether by family or a home. He looks and sounds like too many people that all of us in Central Indiana have come across... someone just needs to recognize him..

Just in case someone doesn't click on the link about the 38 year police veteran who says this wasn't a local- that was just his opinion and he is not working on the case.
I know that will be crystal clear to anyone who read it but just in case some skipped over it, that was just his opinion.
I personally don't think it was a local either ( someone would have recognized the image or the voice by now, I'd assume) but what do I know?!?

I think the rapid change from "we have a smart community" to "there's a crazed lunatic out there that's going to do this again" is interesting.

It makes me wonder what was said on the recording. Maybe mentioning a prior crime in an effort to scare the girls into complying? Maybe something found at the scene that hints at another unsolved crime? DNA that matches a rape kit, but not a murder?

Or was it just that originally they were optimistic they would have the guy in a few days and now that they don't, they are forced to be a bit more realistic?

Or were they pleading to those that may be second guessing if their husband/brother/cousin could have been the one that did this? Basically, guilting them into turning in a possible suspect.

I really want to watch the presser again, but I'm already an emotional wreck. It's all over my FB now and I just keep hearing that voice.

I am re-posting a comment from the last thread over here. It is regarding the bridge in this picture:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by No it's not
Perspective is slightly off naturally, but the poi would be in this approximate location. I have not made any measurements yet, this is just an estimate of his dimensions:

attachment.php

-Nin

Source:
http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120...last-seen.html

ab01:

I like what you did with the overlay here and you do some amazing work. Though the bridge in that picture i have seen before and it is not the deer creek bridge imo. I have seen many pics online and this bridge is only about 1/4 of the length. My guess is the newspaper grabbed it from somwhere and it was mislabled .

Me, now:

Thank you and I was wondering myself how the reporter "shrank" that bridge in length lol. Are you saying, this bridge is nowhere close to that area?

I seem to recall, that it was posted very early on in the threads, that there is indeed a second bridge in this area. It was also said, that not many people know about it. Wondering if this could be the one, especially because there is also some kind of a reddish barrier in the very end of the bridge.

In any case, the original location of where I pinpointed the POI on the Monon High Bridge is still up to-date IMO.

Thanks!

-Nin

I stupidly dumped my cellphone in with the rest of the wash, only to realize 10-15 minutes into the wash cycle, what I had done. It would not turn on. Watched a YouTube vid on how to dry your phone out. It worked. This was an older model phone when I had it, and this was a few years ago. I'm thinking if they found it in the water, it could be restored to working order.

Might be a little OT but I did this EXACT thing just a few days ago. My older model phone was toast. [emoji30]

Can someone source all of the DNA talk? Has anyone made any official statement that DNA from an entity unknown to the victims was recovered?

This article quotes the ISP spokesperson saying this about DNA collection:

“We’ve basically done it with any person of interest, with any person that we’ve talked to,” Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Feb. 17. “We’ve asked people to do that, and they have willingly done it. We haven’t had to get a search warrant for that.”

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_174b8930-f583-11e6-94ec-d314d7e35148.html

He also said LE has been asking to search cell phones on a volunteer basis. While he did not explicitely say LE has DNA I would think they do, otherwise it would be a waste of resources to send DNA samples to the lab if there is nothing to match to. JMO.

I think the differences in terrain only appear so because the most recent photo has foliage.

The OP might not really be discussing the terrain as much as attempting to point out the metal structure that was positioned in the field above the letter "G" in the word Google on each map.

JJ007,that is great sleuthing. If there was a metal hut in the woods, it is only visible in the wintertime when the leaves have fallen. The image is from 2012. Would the hut construction last until Feb 2017? Is it solid enough that it is still standing there today? Thank you, for I do adore maps.

If you go back to that tweet from the reporter click on the other posts from other people. One person responding says something interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
Which post - as in 2.8 miles away? As in the plant was on lock down? It didn't appear to me in the one photo that he was wearing these style of boots.

Anyone know when the FBI joined the investigation? How soon after the girls were discovered?

Was it pretty much immediately?

His opinion needs to be respected and the man's layered clothing on a warm day could also support he is a drifter. At the same time, the area does not appear to be a haven for drifters nor does it appear to be near any travel routes (off an interstate, by a truck stop) etc.

He could be from say, a three country area of the hiking trail. Delays in identifying him might be because the photo quality is poor and he is so, well, plain. In short, in that three county area, there are probably several thousand 40 to 55 year old white males with apparently central Indiana type accents and who wear farm or work clothes on a daily basis with no concern about trending styles.

Curious about the meat packing plant. I saw online that approx 1500 employees work there; is that still correct? Also, how far from the bridge is the plant? Thanks in advance.

Maybe....but doubtful he is not a 'local' but works at the packing plant or did work in the packing plant?

Maybe... but doubtful he lived local but moved to the 'bigger' city down the road? (Lafayette)

Maybe he is local but a 'loner' type of person. I've lived in smaller towns and a lot of long time residents didn't know a lot of other long time residents if they were not in the same social circles.

I think he has some connection to the local area. This is not a trail that one travels any length (~30 minutes) to venture down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia