IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the FBI get involvement with the case because local authorities asked for their help? I can't seem to find info on that.

I think you did an awesome job with the pic. If you click on the picture and slowly shrink it, you can see his face come into focus. Thank you for sharing this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Most young people I see underdress for the weather. i.e. thin jacket in winter, no hat, little ankle socks with sneakers in the snow, etc, etc. It could have been pretty breezy on the bridge and cooler in the shade that day. JMO

I'm new here and to analyzing things like this never have before. I like the way you think and especially the user name.

I from the start have had this almost identical theory. Being new it was skewed a little by believing that most had been here longer and might have a better understanding.

One thing being new I don't understand... If you want help solving a puzzle you gotta put all the pieces on the board right?? Or aleast have the box as a reference so to say?

Who is it that benefits from them holding not only the info we just got for say almost a week.. But future clues that are sure to come out?

Because my mind set is the sooner the better.. Just on the statement that . Memory's fade.

Also I'm sure this guy didn't stop in a store and buy a pack of "down the hill" not very good keywords in my mind to appeal to the public about.

Any body feel free to explain please I just can't analyze it any other way as being positive.

Why wait?!?
I wondered some of the same things. It probably took them time to listen to all the audio, discuss with speech experts to decipher which words would be best to release that capture his normal speaking voice. I would guess there is more audio of him speaking however it is probably too traumatic to release to the public. They only get one chance to release audio to get the most impact and exposure. These are reasons why I think it took so long. If the released audio doesn't lead to any good tips I could envision them releasing more audio even though it might be more traumatic. I can't imagine what other audio might be heard and I guarantee it isn't pretty.

After some initial stumbles by LE in this investigation, I thought the press conference was very well done.

<modsnip> I have confidence and trust LE knows what they are doing and will catch the guy.

The audio of "down the hill" needs to be shared over and over so the right person hears it and can be tied to the perpetrator.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I think they explained the reasons for withholding a lot of the details/video/audio very well in the press conference. It's a good way to weed out tips that are not useful. Someone overhears some dude in a bar say that they hit someone on the head. The listener calls it in but the police know that's not what happened. So they bin the tip and move on. The other reason of course is to avoid the false-confession whackjobs that always seem to show up in cases like this.

In looking at the picture of Abby walking on the bridge...it does look like a vehicle below the bridge. It looks like an older gray truck or SUV to me.

His opinion needs to be respected and the man's layered clothing on a warm day could also support he is a drifter. At the same time, the area does not appear to be a haven for drifters nor does it appear to be near any travel routes (off an interstate, by a truck stop) etc.

He could be from say, a three country area of the hiking trail. Delays in identifying him might be because the photo quality is poor and he is so, well, plain. In short, that three county area, there are thousands of 40 to 55 year old middle aged white males in that part of Indiana with apparently central Indiana accents and who wear farm or work clothes on a daily basis with little regard to what styles are trendy.

Interstate 65 is not that far away, and there is a Delphi exit near Lafayette Indiana. Assuming a drifter, he could have followed 65 down from Chicago, maybe hitched and was dropped off near Lafayette then wandered up highway 25 to Delphi.

Did the FBI get involvement with the case because local authorities asked for their help? I can't seem to find info on that.
I'm wondering if it was because of the nature of the crime scene or because they had the digital evidence and they were seeking experts. It seemed the FBI agent today mentioned being there working alongside them from nearly the beginning.

Anyone know when the FBI joined the investigation? How soon after the girls were discovered?

Was it pretty much immediately?

Funny, I was just posting an FBI question myself. Is it due to local authorities not having the resources?

Dogface, do you have any ideas on what brand/type of shoes he is wearing? TIA

Honestly, I haven't really looked too hard, or at them specifically in any of the cleaned up/adjusted pictures...I wish I knew where the pics of the shoes were where someone focused on the treads...but where the crease in his jeans is falling, and just based on his outfit, I imagine it's a version of this type of shoe, and prices range from cheap to insanely expensive and you definitely come across a lot of these styled shoes in thrift stores(seriously a little embarrassed to admit to being a thrift expert)

http://www.backcountry.com/keen-voyageur-hiking-shoe-mens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why they wouldn't have called 911 if they had at least one working phone?

Scared? Afraid he would hear the 911 operator asking "what is your emergency?"?

Anyone know when the FBI joined the investigation? How soon after the girls were discovered?

Was it pretty much immediately?

In today's press conference it was mentioned the FBI was part of the initial search. That made me wonder if an agent lives locally and volunteered to search or was assigned some way. MOO - I know squat about the FBI.

I recall that when they discovered them the local media said the "Crime Scene Processing Team" (or some fancy name) from the Indianapolis FBI Field Office was asked to help with processing the crime scene. But that was early in the case and it may have been not the real reason.

Yeah, I thought FBI usually don't get involved in murder cases unless local authorities ask for help, or if a federal crime as been committed.

I don't understand why they wouldn't have called 911 if they had at least one working phone?

Not very good cell reception in the woods plus fear probably set in. we all can have our game plans before a situation but when faced with it, our plans change. The girls must have been in total fear, who could blame them.I would be scared $hitless too.

I recall that when they discovered them the local media said the "Crime Scene Processing Team" (or some fancy name) from the Indianapolis FBI Field Office was asked to help with processing the crime scene. But that was early in the case and it may have been not the real reason.

ahh! Okay, I did read that that is one area they can assist local LE, if local LE doesn't have great resources for that sort of thing.

Gonna disregard the "not local" opinion for now.

I don't know why you would do that. Town of Delphi is population 3,000. Don't you think someone would have fingered him by now?

I'll go with the 38-year law enforcement officer on this one.

I think they explained the reasons for withholding a lot of the details/video/audio very well in the press conference. It's a good way to weed out tips that are not useful. Someone overhears some dude in a bar say that they hit someone on the head. The listener calls it in but the police know that's not what happened. So they bin the tip and move on. The other reason of course is to avoid the false-confession whackjobs that always seem to show up in cases like this.
Indeed. Authorities leaving out details to the public is not uncommon and is procedural. Hopefully this doesnt distract into any farfetch ideas of the authorities hiding something immorally.
Consider Evelyn Celeste Miller, the 5 year old girl that was raped and murdered by the mother's fiance.

"Officials ruled her death a homicide, but wouldn&#8217;t initially release any information regarding how the child died or the condition of her body when found. The omission of those details proved crucial in helping officials later make an arrest in the case."

The big break in that case came when the convicted killer, Casey Frederiksen, told fellow prisoners in jail while serving time for child *advertiser censored* details about the death that had not been made public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia