IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone source all of the DNA talk? Has anyone made any official statement that DNA from an entity unknown to the victims was recovered?

Thoughts if anyone would like to discuss-

First off, these girls look their age. 13 or 14, not young girls easily mistaken to be 3 or 4 years older. The photos of them online are of girls that also appear comfortable acting their age. I feel this provides a little insight into the idea that the perp, if he sought them out, was seeking out children, not women. Even if he didn't seek them out, they weren't the only girls in the park that day. He chose them, even though it may have been riskier to do so because there were two of them together. Based on this, I would be shocked if he hasn't, at least, committed a crime against a child before.

I also feel like committing a crime against 2 girls as opposed to 1 in an environment he couldn't totally control speaks to the idea that he may be criminally experienced and could have done something like this before. This may be why LE has made suggestions to public asking about people seen from 65/Lafayette up the Hoosier Heartland to Logansport. I think they may have strong reason to believe that there is just a very low likelihood that he could have been in the area for any considerable length of time without anything else serious like this happening.

In the news helicopter video, there were searchers wading the creek in-line near the scene and well below the bridge. I am wondering if it was readily apparent that things were missing from the scene where they were found that they felt could drift downstream. A cell phone or a knife/gun, wouldn't likely travel too far, but then again, they could have been checking near the scene and again below the bridge to rule out him returning to the bridge and throwing something off. Of course, they could have just been being very thorough in collecting everything possible.

As to whether or not it was an arranged/planned meeting or just a chance encounter with a perp in the park that day waiting for the right opportunity, I believe they have reason to believe he came prepared to commit a crime. I think he had items with him to control them and do whatever he did. I've felt strongly that he had to have some significant means of controlling TWO of them over such an area with many possible avenues for things to go wrong for him. He also didn't leave the overall area with them, which I'd bet is uncommon when a perp takes control of 2 or more victims. I figure that cases of multiple victims typically involve a quick act of subduing victims and relocating them as quickly as possible to an environment that can be controlled. The fact that he could never have total control of the environment out there either speaks to his confidence or either low criminal sophistication. I don't think it is the latter, and like I mentioned above, it is hard for me to see him having that without some sort of prior experience. Just a huge leap to go from nothing to taking two girls hostage in an open area visited by the public in broad daylight. It is this fact that makes me wonder if this is why they are having a hard time ruling out an additional perp.

Anyone have thoughts on these things?

A few thoughts from a veteran crime reporter:

1. <modsnip>

2. Focusing on details regarding the bridge or the camera angle are useless in that they do nothing to further identify and capture the suspect(s). Examine the suspect. What can we tell? Well, it appears the blue coat is a buttoned model, as you can see the two sides pulling apart near his stomach. This suggests he's a bigger gentleman. See the hard object in his front right jacket pocket? Yet his hand in his pants pocket. Odd, don't you think? He appears to have a mustache, straight brown hair.

3. Police are sitting on a lot more. Given that they have video, most likely, releasing even a two-second clip of him walking might shed light on his posture, gait, etc. Not to mention higher photo quality. I have a suspicion that the entire encounter was captured, but the contents of that video/audio are either too sensitive to release (e.g. cries for help) or could jeopardize the investigation (e.g. the perpetrator telling the victims he's going to shoot them).

4. If the phone wasn't recovered at the scene, they have already tracked its movement, but that's not entirely helpful as it could've been discarded anywhere or turned off and the SIM card removed. If it was recovered, and I believe it was, they've got a digital record of everything the girl did prior to this encounter. That usually indicates he is a stranger.

5. His knowledge of the area would indicate he's familiar with the terrain. Who just happens to stop by a random trail near Delphi, Indiana for a walk? Had the perpetrator intended to kill at that day and that particular time, there are far greater odds of finding a victim at a location other than where this occurred. This suggests to me the attack was random and not planned.

<modsnip>

I'm new here and to analyzing things like this never have before. I like the way you think and especially the user name.

I from the start have had this almost identical theory. Being new it was skewed a little by believing that most had been here longer and might have a better understanding.

One thing being new I don't understand... If you want help solving a puzzle you gotta put all the pieces on the board right?? Or aleast have the box as a reference so to say?

Who is it that benefits from them holding not only the info we just got for say almost a week.. But future clues that are sure to come out?

Because my mind set is the sooner the better.. Just on the statement that . Memory's fade.

Also I'm sure this guy didn't stop in a store and buy a pack of "down the hill" not very good keywords in my mind to appeal to the public about.

Any body feel free to explain please I just can't analyze it any other way as being positive.

Why wait?!?

Can someone source all of the DNA talk? Has anyone made any official statement that DNA from an entity unknown to the victims was recovered?

I don't think they officially said. But in an early article, LE said they were asking for DNA donations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"This is obviously not a local person, the person that killed them, because somebody would know them, somebody in Delphi would recognize this person. So obviously you are going to have to spread out on this case. This person could be somebody just passing through Indiana from the east coast or west coast. This needs to go national and, fortunately, it has," Snow said.

But even with the widespread sharing of information, Snow admits, it could take time to find who killed the young friends.

"Some can take even years to solve," said Snow. "I know that is a depressing thing of the family of the victims to hear, but sometimes homicides can take a long time to solve and sometimes all you need is the one break."

http://www.wthr.com/article/this-on...ective-optimistic-about-finding-delphi-killer

Not local doesn't equal drifter.

Exactly. I think he is within 2 hours of Delphi, likes the outdoors, has visited the bridge many times, and has a permanent home.

IF the perp is reading here (slim chance, since us websleuth folk are smart AF and don't kill children) I have one thing to tell you: you're GOING DOWN the hill.

I'm new here and to analyzing things like this never have before. I like the way you think and especially the user name.

I from the start have had this almost identical theory. Being new it was skewed a little by believing that most had been here longer and might have a better understanding.

One thing being new I don't understand... If you want help solving a puzzle you gotta put all the pieces on the board right?? Or aleast have the box as a reference so to say?

Who is it that benefits from them holding not only the info we just got for say almost a week.. But future clues that are sure to come out?

Because my mind set is the sooner the better.. Just on the statement that . Memory's fade.

Also I'm sure this guy didn't stop in a store and buy a pack of "down the hill" not very good keywords in my mind to appeal to the public about.

Any body feel free to explain please I just can't analyze it any other way as being positive.

Why wait?!?

I have no explanation other than the FBI and others pulled into this case are experts on what they do. They may not be perfect, but I have to keep telling myself they want to solve this just as much as everyone else, and their choices are calculated and for the best. It's frustrating, I know.

They have never said if a sexual assault took place. I speculate that at least one of the girls was. That would be the best source, but if one of the girls went out scratching and clawing, that could be another source.

I don't know anything about this area, but if hunting and fishing licenses are required..I would check to see who recently acquired one. What a smart girl to record!! Such a horrible crime. Can only imagine what those poor investigators have heard/seen. I can't bring myself to listen to the audio.

I wonder if the meat packing plant hires temp workers ?

Exactly. I think he is within 2 hours of Delphi, likes the outdoors, has visited the bridge many times, and has a permanent home.
So he's within 2 hours of Delphi and he hitchhikes from his house to Delphi? Because didn't the investigators kinda stress if any one saw him maybe on the main road? Wouldn't that imply he was walking or trying to hitch a ride?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Curious about the meat packing plant. I saw online that approx 1500 employees work there; is that still correct? Also, how far from the bridge is the plant? Thanks in advance.

Those boots kind of look like they're what you may wear while working at a meat packing factory? :thinking:
JMO of course.
If you go back to that tweet from the reporter click on the other posts from other people. One person responding says something interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member