IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can be positive that there is a hat, hood, or both. Again, if LE had his hair color, we'd have a description of a brown-haired male, etc.

I do see now that there is a brown possibly camo hat. You can see the shadow made by the bill on his face and also where his hair puffs out from under the hat on the right side.

Seriously some of this is becoming quit offensive, has nothing to do with sleuthing and some very inaccurate information being given out. People need to read the previous threads before "shouting out" answers on this forum that are wrong! Inform yourself please.

I'm trying to catch up but I"m on page 29 of a 73 page thread.. just want to say that all the early reports I saw said they were uploading pics to snapchat as they went, but snapchat is a social media platform used to talk with someone usually, the pics you take and send to the other person disappear within 1-10 seconds which is the appeal of snapchat - unless someone screenshots the pic it disappears automatically.. unless the girls were just taking selfies, which is the other option with snapchat.. you take pics of yourself or you and a friend with their filters, which add fun elements to the photos like fake flower headband or bubbles in the air around you or silly faces or whatever... so I can't help but wonder which it was... did they capture him in the background of some selfies they snapped but hadn't shared with anyone yet, OR were they actively using snapchat to communicate with another person who witnessed this go down live and is helping the investigation as we speak? I'm not WHOLLY Familiar with the app, but I have a 14 year old daughter who is, and I will ask her later if you can do anything else with it. But AFAIK you either are sending the snaps live, or are taking selfies... this doesn't help solve the case I guess but like I said, I'm coming in to it late and hadn't seen anyone mention yet how this works, and point out the 50/50 chance, with snapchat, that someone was actively communicating with them in a "chat" and saw & heard whatever went down, IF snapchat was still the active program when they took the audio that they've released. It may not have been. Anyway just sharing thoughts. Thanks as always for providing days worth of thoughtful commentary for me to wade through! edit: sorry for run on sentences, etc, just trying to let the ideas / thoughts flow for now. Will do a more thoughtful post later when I"m sure I've got all the details.

Hm. Inverted like that, it looks like he has his hood up. I didn't think he did.

I always saw it as one pic he has the hood down and in the other he has it up. In the left pic he has a nice head of hair and maybe facial hair.

I can feel the frustration with each passing day, hour even….

I guess we all know if they don’t catch this perp this time, there will be a next time.

When the motive is to just to kill at random, (which imo, this is what he did/does), than everyone is his potential next target.

I do think he stalked them, perhaps on the net, or possibly just used public info that school was called off on that day, but parents likely still had to go to work, upping the possibility that some kids would in that area but fewer adults at that time of day…

I feel like he is very methodical killer. I am no profiler, but he had a plan, and it worked.
He seemed cool as a cucumber to me, very non-descript, (as we know), and completely devoid of compassion (obviously). A true Psychopath, I do believe.

Psychopaths often blend in very well, but they DO have some distinguishing oddities that have been well documented. Close relationships are few, and/or strained, because of their lack of awareness of even casual harm they inflict constantly, (unintentionally because they just don’t get it). We don’t have much to go on, but I’m thinking he’s no older than 40, and must have some casual acquaintances. Maybe people should be looking for behavioral traits more than physical ones?

As for the limited info being shared by LE; I very much appreciate the extreme caution with which they are shielding these children and their families from being re-victimized in the press, over and over. I couldn’t be more impressed with the tremendous respect they are showing.

Sadly, there are “Gore Fans” who want to *see* the pain and horror, and other predators who would use that info for terrible personal pleasure.

While the above is true of some, I do think its human nature to want detail. How bad was it really? And often a picture of the worst, puts that question to rest I think, like “Oh! I thought it was (fill in the blank), but it looks like it was over quick, (or dragged out longer and worse sadly), I feel like people are not necessary gawking at misfortune, as they are seeking details that let them experience the true tragedy, so as to best know how to respond and cope, and decide how to help.

When people rubber neck a traffic accident, I don’t think many want to see injured people, so much they want to access the situation thoroughly, “How bad was it?” “What happened exactly?” "How can we help"...

But even the very best of intentions, Pave the Road To Hell, for the families, when their loved ones death throes get into the hands of the press.

Bravo to LE Indiana!

Been playing with all my graphic software. Here is a different perspective. Inverted view of both stills. See anything interesting?
attachment.php

Interesting! I too see hood up and gun in pocket.

A few posters are thinking this is connected with two other cases previously linked. Two girls LE listed as runaways (but left everything behind). No evidence of abduction or foul play in either of their cases yet afaik. So if this Delphi perp is connected to those two girls, it doesn't fit imo because he would have gone from having two completely clean victims, to having two bodies and evidence at the scene. I'm not saying they're wrong, I just don't see it and am trying to further the discussion is all. :)

It was a tight timeline. The girls family looked for them from 3 30 ish and then reported them missing. So I think that points to a chance encounter and possibly being forced to abort an abduction attempt and silence the witnesses and get out of the area. And if this is the case he would be very scared and or depressed right now.

Whatever his plan was I do not think it worked out how he thought it was going to

Thanks.

Libby on the 13th, Abbie on the 14th, then. One girl may well have been confined and kept alive for at least 9-10 hours after abduction.

Jesus, that changes everything.

Perhaps one was actually found before midnight.

Heck no.

MOO this guy is a publicity hound. He's sitting back, eating popcorn and enjoying the show. That is part of the game for him. I believe he may have inserted himself into the investigation somehow. These types like to do that. There was guy in Idaho who even organized the searches! And then he led the charity bicycle races! He did it, and he got away with murder. Cops know he did it but they have nothing on him to go to court. He's sitting back saying neener neener. He's still alive to this day. I saw a recent picture of him. He thinks it's very funny that he got away with murder too. Hilarious. He killed 5-6 teenage girls and women over a 6 year period in not a large town. He was the last to see a couple of the victims alive, but that's never enough to even arrest.

He moved to the East Coast and I have a feeling that he may be killing over there too. These guys don't seem to be able to stop.

True. But there's also plenty of cases where the person has fled completely. I don't think we know what "type" this guy is based on what we know. Once we know his past crimes, how they were committed, etc. maybe.

They were told LE found evidence on the bridge

Crime Watch Daily was live.
37 minutes ago ·
Our #CrimeWatchDaily crew is live in Delphi, Indiana at the scene of a double murder of two young girls as the search for the killer or killers continues. On Friday's show @ChrisHansen and @NerissaKnight will have the lastest details in the national search for the murderer or murderers.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/crimewatchdaily/posts/?ref=page_internal

Hmm I wonder what she meant. If that evidence is the video footage or actual physical evidence. That would be something we had not heard yet if it were physical evidence.

Despite what TV shows like Criminal Minds and CSI portray, police agencies across the country do not network information on violent crimes like we would hope. They are not required to enter data from violent crimes committed in their jurisdictions in VICAP so if a perpetrator travels between jurisdictions, they are likely not going to be linked to crimes out of the area unless the police happen to read about a case and make inquires.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/07/vicap-fbi-database/399986/

The police in Indiana have not confirmed there was a sexual assault aspect to the Delphi crimes but we all tend to believe that is likely. Many police agencies have significant backlogs of rape kits to be tested which also add to the difficulty in developing serial offender activity.

http://www.endthebacklog.org/indiana

The "endthebacklog" site indicates that there are over 5000 rape kits in Indiana alone that have not been DNA tested. How many rape kits are untested across the country that would link serial offenders to crimes?

Every city that has tested their backlogged rape kits found several serial rapists.
The amount of backlogged rape kits in this country are an institutional crime against women, IMO, and the very definition of "rape culture".

They are 13 and 14 so just girls, not worldly. I live in a rural area the kids hike around, lost a few to falling off cliffs or car accidents, its rural seems normal to me that the girls would hang out on the bridges. The guy maybe he is a predator or maybe he dos'nt like his picture taken, and that triggered him, maybe he was high or drunk and in a bad mood. The voice sounds calm-he says Get/go down hill he knows he has control and he knows theres a hill, so he must know the area. But my kids are rural so if they go outa town they usually go to rural bridges, hikes etc. I was raised in the city i never had interest in rural areas. So i IMO think the guys a country guy. 2 people girls boys any combo are easier to control than 1

attachment.php

Here is a photo to help capture an idea on the camera's perspective.

Not only the wilderness, but this specific railroad bridge are perfect opportunities for murders or even just accidental tragedies. Im surprised they still allow people to go on it.

Attachments

• 16938928_1233209370089721_3078785046407647764_n.jpg
    16938928_1233209370089721_3078785046407647764_n.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 743
Thanks.

Libby on the 13th, Abbie on the 14th, then. One girl may well have been confined and kept alive for at least 9-10 hours after abduction.

Jesus, that changes everything.

This would almost have to be the case as it would be very difficult to control two teenage girls and prevent them from screaming or running.

I tend to disagree a little with Mr. Lindsay's assessment.
I place the offender living within the city or outlying community. I see this as a crime of opportunity by an offender who was more than likely out walking about when he spotted the two girls. I place him nearby because it does not make sense that he would drive a great distance just for a walk in the woods.

He likely followed them until they were in a more secluded area and nonchalantly approached them as the photo indicates.

When he was with them he either terrorized them into submission or incapacitated (maybe killed) one awhile holding the other.

This was a known public place so he put himself into a high risk situation by his approach. We really don't know his method of attack but but I sense he eliminated one of the girls fairly quickly and focused on the other.

Of course this is all speculation since we have no knowledge of the crime scene, injuries sustained, or autopsy results.

Time will tell.

I do agree with most of your post. However; before he eliminated one he sexually assaulted her first and then went on to his second victim.

Before he did either, he would make sure each victim was bound, imo. We have read cases of more than one victim, some who lived to tell their story, and many times the person would make one of the victims bind the other one up and then the perp would bind up the second victim then raped them both.

Imo, these girls were both sexually assaulted before being murdered. He wanted both and that is why he took both. IMO.

I think in like 95% of these kind of cases both victims were murdered within an hour and a half time span or less and he was gone from the area before the first 911 call came in reporting them missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove