IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree, it was by no means as populated as an urban trail or park environment.

Just thinking, BP mentioned the same thing as she did on Dr Phil, about other kids and people being on the trail, there just happening to be a lull at the time LIbby or Abby went to take photos from the bridge. But then I wonder, how could a perp know that others hadn't arrived at the trail and were making their way toward the bridge a ways behind him. The word "brazen" keeps popping up in my mind.

Yes, very brazen. Maybe he was there a while watching people come and go, maybe that’s why LE states in the past that several people helped with the sketch? It’s kind of like a predator waiting for it’s prey to become separated from the pack, as soon as it seemed quiet on the trails, and the girls crossed the bridge, he pounced. IMO

What about Libby being a witness herself and using her phone? They have his pic, his voice and possibly the crime on there too. Without that prime evidence there would be very little. Didn't police say the BG pic was just before a crime took place? That "no there weren't any" is rubbish imo. The question was " were there any eye witnesses that actually saw him" according to Kizzy's transcript not " were there any eye witnesses to the crime?"

The answer should have been "yes there were eyewitnesses who actually saw him before and after on the trail" if all the other stuff in the interviews and on Dr Phil is correct. I hope Carter doesn't give evidence at any trial.

I guess it's easy to criticize. Have you watched the video yet?

I got the impression none of them, the family nor Spr Carter were thrilled to be there, they were doing it because it was the right thing to do because they are determined to get the word out there and find the killer. The intent was to deliver the broad message, they want tips that will lead to an arrest, not that each and every word or two be analyzed over and over to support or unsupport outside theories.

Behind here, catching up, but initial thoughts after watching the Today Show video, did Doug Carter answer "no" when asked if anyone else saw him? I need to go back and rewatch that. (Because, the witness, the eyes, not blue...)

So, there were kids on trail before and after, people do go out there...MP said the trails are designed for that, that they are attached to the "city".

Noticing no mention of DN.

"Focus on his body"

"Nationwide..."

The public doesn’t know how much the BG spoke outside of “down the hill.” I’m hopeful LE has more of his language to use for regional dialect analysis. If so, they at least have an idea where the BG grew up and developed his linguistics.

MOO

Behind here, catching up, but initial thoughts after watching the Today Show video, did Doug Carter answer "no" when asked if anyone else saw him? I need to go back and rewatch that.

So, there were kids on trail before and after, people do go out there...MP said the trails are designed for that, that they are attached to the "city".

Noticing no mention of DN.

Magz,

Just added this to the media thread , where MP and DC speak as they arrive back in Ind. after Today: Megyn Kelly on WTHR

Maybe, the previous victims are the Iowa cousins Lyric and Elizabeth and LE is already knowing of matching DNA of at least one perp?

It’s possible, I guess. I would hope they would let the public know if they knew there was a SK on the loose, but with the way they are being so secretive about anything related to this case, it wouldn’t surprise me. IMO

Maybe, the previous victims are the Iowa cousins Lyric and Elizabeth and LE is already knowing of matching DNA of at least one perp?

Hi, Germany,

If I recall what I’ve read about Lyric and Elizabeth correctly, too much time had passed between the time they were murdered and when they were found for there to have been any chance of finding DNA from the perp.

I guess it's easy to criticize. Have you watched the video yet?

I got the impression none of them, the family nor Spr Carter were thrilled to be there, they were doing it because it was the right thing to do because they are determined to get the word out there and find the killer. The intent was to deliver the broad message, they want tips that will lead to an arrest, not that each and every word or two be analyzed over and over to support or unsupport outside theories.
I'm giving my view. No I haven't watched it or watched Dr. Phil.

Yes, very brazen. Maybe he was there a while watching people come and go, maybe that’s why LE states in the past that several people helped with the sketch? It’s kind of like a predator waiting for it’s prey to become separated from the pack, as soon as it seemed quiet on the trails, and the girls crossed the bridge, he pounced. IMO

Yes he was probably there panhandliing and being a nuisance then saw his opportunity.
:cow:

It’s possible, I guess. I would hope they would let the public know if they knew there was a SK on the loose, but with the way they are being so secretive about anything related to this case, it wouldn’t surprise me. IMO
They just did based on what Doug Carter said.

".......likely has commited that crime before and, ....... likely will commit that crime again. "

Bledsoe County is a very out-of-the-way, rural county in Tennessee. Strange that that little place should be the site of this "mix-up" regarding this case. Don't know if this has been mentioned, but as a Tennessean, the first thing that comes to mind with Bledsoe County is that there is a large correctional facility there, and has been since the early 80s. Possible connection?

The public doesn’t know how much the BG spoke outside of “down the hill.” I’m hopeful LE has more of his language to use for regional dialect analysis. If so, they at least have an idea where the BG grew up and developed his linguistics.

MOO

The mountains of south Carolina?

Yes he was probably there panhandliing and being a nuisance then saw his opportunity.

Panhandling doesn’t fit for me, I can’t see anybody going out of their way, to a trail in the woods to panhandle, not very lucrative. That’s something you do in the middle of town. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did early on say they found no connection. Very early on that is. It’s lost in the beginning if you want to find it.

Bledsoe County is a very out-of-the-way, rural county in Tennessee. Strange that that little place should be the site of this "mix-up" regarding this case. Don't know if this has been mentioned, but as a Tennessean, the first thing that comes to mind with Bledsoe County is that there is a large correctional facility there, and has been since the early 80s. Possible connection?

Many trails or old rail trails? Also, does the "down the hill" sound like a local accent to you?

It wouldn’t take much to subdue them in a secluded area. Now if this happened in a more populated area, then they might have been able to scare him off by screaming, and fighting, but that wouldn’t work in the woods.

I thought that way too - and then I went to Delphi.

The bridge area isn't that secluded. The trail that leads to the bridge isn't far from the road, almost until you're right on the bridge. You can see houses; people outside in their yards can see hikers. When you arrive at the high bridge, it is more secluded, but in the winter especially, the area around the bridge is open, and the distances aren't so great that you wouldn't hear someone screaming. For example, Derrick went down the hill to the residences on the private end of road and found people at home. And there were other people around on the bridge close to when Abby and Libby were there. It's always seemed odd to me that no one reported hearing anything, especially if, as the family postulated, the girls fought back.

The MK segment was very good; she was asking the right questions but certainly not getting direct answers from Doug Carter. It bothered me that he wouldn't give straight answers. It felt more like he had a prepared speech aimed at raising his own profile on national television. He is, after all, a political appointee. As the ISP superintendent, he's not part of the active investigation team. I would have preferred to hear from someone with more connections to the nuts and bolts of the case.

Trails, yes, but it's Tennessee - hiking is a widespread pastime. Would be like a needle in a haystack if you're trying to zero in on someone based on if they like to hike.

The accent? Absolutely, positively not a native rural Tennessee accent. I'm from Indiana originally, and the accent sounds like my relatives there. Nondescript, Midwestern accent, not Southern.

Edit: Sorry, was replying to Post #56.

Panhandling doesn’t fit for me, I can’t see anybody going out of their way, to a trail in the woods to panhandle, not very lucrative. That’s something you do in the middle of town. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Another reason I can't imagine a vagrant panhandler attracted to the Delphi trail system in Febuary is the weather. Although it happened to be unseasonably warm on Feb 13, 2017 iirc it had snowed only a couple of days before which was the reason the river level had risen. When it's cold, there's probably even fewer people out walking.

Delphi's average daily high in Feb is only 39F, just above freezing, the low is 21F.
https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/delphi/indiana/united-states/usin0156

The accent? Absolutely, positively not a native rural Tennessee accent. I'm from Indiana originally, and the accent sounds like my relatives there. Nondescript, Midwestern accent, not Southern.

Snipped for focus & bbm

Totally agree. I listened to him again today and he sounds so calm. Not like someone who is about to commit two horrible murders.

Not at all suggesting he isn't the killer -- I absolutely believe BG is the murderer, just don't understand how he could be that calm.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members