IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which leads me to another point. IIRC, KN said she could not remember if DN was at her Dr. appointment. What she did not say was it was because he was at work. That would have solved that.
I'll have to listen again because I thought she said he would take the day off work and go with her sometimes.

New format. Going to take a bit of getting used to.
That happened to me yesterday when I went back to an old thread to find something. I lost all the page numbers and the view only displayed one post at a time, with no reply box. To fix it I went to Full site then selected forum settings and selected 15 per page ( what I had before) . That worked for me. Then I went back to WS mobile site.

I have wondered if the construction co out of Zionsville was working at the Mears property there in Delphi. I heard there were often people standing around in front of that place but whether they be construction workers or ???, IDK.

I remember that quote that also said they were moving into the house after renovations but I have googled and googled about that and can find no record at all. Perhaps someone else remembers or can find details. They were moving in and wanted that trail entrance and parking closed IIRC.

I wonder if that is going to be open tomorrow for the presser.

I have not heard he had a job which I assume would be reported over and over as much as he has been reported on. Hence my assumption of unemployment at the time of the murders. Without that confirmation of employment, and carpentry at that, carrying a ruler makes little sense to me. If you find that he was in fact employed at the time of the murders please share! : )

I'll have to listen again because I thought she said he would take the day off work and go with her sometimes.
I have listened again (page 27 in media thread) and KN talks about DN"s construction job and dropping and picking him up towards the end of the video. Re. The u/s : she says he missed one but cannot remember which one. Re. Carpentry, attorney stated in court he was a trained carpenter so these are facts.

@margarita. You asked about guns. In the same video KN states they only had the rifle in Co bought in the first week of Sept around her birthday. She says he got rid of his gun after the DV conviction.

Not sure which town you live in up there, RM, but the consensus of my relatives in Delphi is also that it's not DN. They still feel he is local, however.

I think he might be an acquaintance of someone who is local, or someone who has worked in Delphi but lives out of the immediate area.

I wonder if he could be someone who has had a relationship with a local resident in the past. maybe which ended badly, and he had been angrily stalking the trails. Someone with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe stalking his former girlfriend or ex, full of rage, when he came upon the girls on the trail.

Speaking of RL...

Remember at the beginning when LE said (paraphrasing) that if they found anyone who had a warrant or there was any other reason to bring someone in during the course of the Abby/Libby investigation then LE was going to bring them in? Like RL with his parole violation...

Maybe bringing DN back from CO was nothing more than LE following through with their promise to follow through with names brought up during this investigation that have a reason, unconnected to the Abby/Libby case, to be brought in.

JMO.

I wonder if RL will be there? He may have had enough of the media.

"Everybody is a POI".
Except RL and DN does that mean?
:thinking:

Speaking of RL...

Remember at the beginning when LE said (paraphrasing) that if they found anyone who had a warrant or there was any other reason to bring someone in during the course of the Abby/Libby investigation then LE was going to bring them in? Like RL with his parole violation...

Maybe bringing DN back from CO was nothing more than LE following through with their promise to follow through with names brought up during this investigation that have a reason, unconnected to the Abby/Libby case, to be brought in.

JMO.

That's exactly why I think they brought DN back to Indiana. With so much public attention on him, they couldn't just let it go. They had to make a show, an example, of following through with him.

Honestly, I think what they said at the beginning, about following through with other crimes, was a mistake. After RL and a few others were arrested during the questioning at the beginning, I think it scared many people off from speaking up. I understand that if they catch someone breaking the law, they need to make them face the consequences but if people are afraid of drawing attention to themselves for fear of retaliation from LE, they're not going to want to talk.

I think he might be an acquaintance of someone who is local, or someone who has worked in Delphi but lives out of the immediate area.

I wonder if he could be someone who has had a relationship with a local resident in the past. maybe which ended badly, and he had been angrily stalking the trails. Someone with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe stalking his former girlfriend or ex, full of rage, when he came upon the girls on the trail.

My family members and friends in Delphi believe that he's related to someone in town and that he was visiting them or staying with them when it happened. I can buy that theory. I do believe it's someone who has strong ties to the community-they either used to live there, live there now, or have family/friends who live there.

My family members and friends in Delphi believe that he's related to someone in town and that he was visiting them or staying with them when it happened. I can buy that theory. I do believe it's someone who has strong ties to the community-they either used to live there, live there now, or have family/friends who live there.

Especially after Doug Carter’s statement last month, “Carter also shared his concerns about the sketch of the killer, telling viewers to “Please, disregard the face, but look at the body because anybody could identify a family member by looking at the body.”

He said, “If somebody sees somebody that looks like that person or they know that person, they recognize the body style of that person, don’t rationalize away. Call and provide a tip. Let us investigate it.”

He added that it was never too late to do the right thing.

These statements made me think about a local resident’s extended family member, couch surfing friend, someone who had been working for them, etc. Maybe something about the person made the local resident briefly consider the possibility of being BG but dismissed the idea because the sketch of the face didn’t come close to resembling the person.

Especially after Doug Carter’s statement last month, “Carter also shared his concerns about the sketch of the killer, telling viewers to “Please, disregard the face, but look at the body because anybody could identify a family member by looking at the body.”

He said, “If somebody sees somebody that looks like that person or they know that person, they recognize the body style of that person, don’t rationalize away. Call and provide a tip. Let us investigate it.”

He added that it was never too late to do the right thing.

These statements made me think about a local resident’s extended family member, couch surfing friend, someone who had been working for them, etc. Maybe something about the person made the local resident briefly consider the possibility of being BG but dismissed the idea because the sketch of the face didn’t come close to resembling the person.

I've been thinking about that statement a lot, about paying attention to the body and not the face, and it makes a lot of sense to me. The witnesses could have gotten details wrong, the sketch artist may not have captured the details in the correct way. Sketches rarely look a LOT like the perp. The picture of him on the bridge, though, that is HIM. I am legally blind and, without contacts or glasses, can't see more than a few feet in front of me. Anything beyond that is a blur. I can recognize people by their body shapes from a distance. I can't see their facial details but I can recognize just about anyone I know by the shape of their body and how their clothes hang on them.

New format? You may have clicked on something by mistake that changed the format OR are you on a new device?

At my laptop, last evening/night I had some mysterious phenomena with the thread. Scrolling, then there showed up two vertical separate halves, moving temporally offset. When I stopped scrolling, the thread was normal again. Funny. It's over now. :)

I have wondered if the construction co out of Zionsville was working at the Mears property there in Delphi. I heard there were often people standing around in front of that place but whether they be construction workers or ???, IDK.

IF so (or another combination of perp/some influential citizens), I wouldn't wonder why nobody seems to have been lured by the giant reward.

She said it was an ultrasound appointment. Seems odd to me that she would have no recollection whether or not he was present.

If I was ALONE at an ultrasound appt, I would remember that (having no one but the U/S Tech to share viewing the images with).

If I brought a Friend or my Mom I would remember that too (things said by the invited guest upon seeing the images & afterward)

So WHY can't she remember if he was there or not? Seems unlikely.

If I was ALONE at an ultrasound appt, I would remember that (having no one but the U/S Tech to share viewing the images with).

If I brought a Friend or my Mom I would remember that too (things said by the invited guest upon seeing the images & afterward)

I asked my wife about this several weeks ago and she said the same thing. She would remember which ultrasound appointments I was at or not.

New format? You may have clicked on something by mistake that changed the format OR are you on a new device?

Everything is back to normal today. It was in color( not black and white like usual) with no ads on the sides. I have no idea what may have happened but it freaked me out because it was so different. You had to log out at the bottom of the page. Oh well!

I don't remember the majority of my u/s appointments but that's because a) I had one every other week (all 3 of mine were high-risk pregnancies) and b) my youngest child is going on 7 so they were a long time ago. Unless KN was having regular scans it seems likely that she would recall his presence. But, then again, maybe not. I don't know what HER frame of mind is. I have wondered, though, if her hesitancy to commit to the question is because he was doing something else illegal at the time. They can't say where he was, because that would get him in trouble just like RL got in trouble, but she can't say that he was with her either because they may figure out a way to prove that he wasn't.

Can't wait for the 4pm Presser tmro! Just hope and pray it is not some lamely ambiguous statement that leaves us all ... still ... wondering. At the very least I hope they can clear up once and for all whether BG is in their crosshairs ... or not. Is he still a man of complete mystery? Or are they making some truly meaningful progress?

If I lived in Indy I would be there. Is anyone here going? Come ON LE! Give us SOMETHING so we 'll know where you are at! If BG is not DN let the poor man get some decent services. Maybe he can still turn his life around with an accurate dx, a psyche eval, some in-depth counseling, appropriate meds. THAT would be one GOOD outcome that could happen here, whether he is BG ... or not. I do hope he will get the care and attention he has long been needing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn