IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been hoping they would release more info, such as a short clip of BG walking or a little more audio (whatever they could release without compromising the case if that's possible). But since the PC will be held outdoors tomorrow, it would seem even if they could release something that is very unlikely to happen. They'd have to deal with audio/video equipment and the weather, outside background noise (wind on microphones, etc). It won't be a quiet environment indoors like the big PC last year when they released the audio clip. The forecast is for relatively decent weather, but realistically when LE planned this for outdoors they couldn't know for sure what the weather would be, it can swing pretty quickly. I'm going to conclude they probably won't release anything new given the outdoor site they chose. What do you think?

Can't wait for the 4pm Presser tmro! Just hope and pray it is not some lamely ambiguous statement that leaves us all ... still ... wondering. At the very least I hope they can clear up once and for all whether BG is in their crosshairs ... or not. Is he still a man of complete mystery? Or are they making some truly meaningful progress?

If I lived in Indy I would be there. Is anyone here going? Come ON LE! Give us SOMETHING so we 'll know where you are at! If BG is not DN let the poor man get some decent services. Maybe he can still turn his life around with an accurate dx, a psyche eval, some in-depth counseling, appropriate meds. THAT would be one GOOD outcome that could happen here, whether he is BG ... or not. I do hope he will get the care and attention he has long been needing.

I was tempted to go up (from Indianapolis, Indiana) for either the pressor or the vigil. But after see the invite list to the vigil, I changed my mind. Also the pressor seems to just be for media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been hoping they would release more info, such as a short clip of BG walking or a little more audio (whatever they could release without compromising the case if that's possible). But since the PC will be held outdoors tomorrow, it would seem even if they could release something that is very unlikely to happen. They'd have to deal with audio/video equipment and the weather, outside background noise (wind on microphones, etc). It won't be a quiet environment indoors like the big PC last year when they released the audio clip. The forecast is for relatively decent weather, but realistically when LE planned this for outdoors they couldn't know for sure what the weather would be, it can swing pretty quickly. I'm going to conclude they probably won't release anything new given the outdoor site they chose. What do you think?

I agree. I don't think LE has anything more they can share without revealing details of the crime that they want kept secret for the sake of eventual prosecution. I think if they had more video of BG walking or talking (that didn't include sights or sounds of criminal behaviour) then they already would have made it public. I think BG was a lot closer to Abby (and Libby) than originally assumed when Libby started recording. The images that have been released are likely right before BG attacked/ambushed the girls. Without compromsing the case, and disrespecting the girls and their family, I don't think there is anything more to publicize.

but she can't say that he was with her either because they may figure out a way to prove that he wasn't.

<modsnip>

The question really is "where did she pick him up from on the day after"? because she has said in interviews that she picked him up and gave him a ride to his SO check-in on 2/14.

If LE had anytning new, they would not wait until the anniversary.

Jmo

I agree. I think a press conference on the anniversary is indicative of having no leads that have panned out. Very sad, but as I said way back in thread 4 or 5, it is surprising how often what looks like a very promising piece of evidence (the video in this case) goes nowhere. The case I referred to in that thread reminded me of this one. Back in the early 90s, a teenage girl went to her high school on a Saturday morning (band practice or something) and was murdered in the nearby woods. Several people saw the guy coming out from the woods, they were able to give detailed descriptions and LE developed detailed sketches of him, and there was evidence including DNA found at the scene, and the case still remains unsolved. :(

Has anyone considered a simple question, why would Indiana spend the money to bring DN back to Indiana for a prosecution on failure to register as a sex offender (according to press reporting), if the man had left the state? Not all failures to register get prosecuted, just as not all violations of probation get people put back in jail.

They had to extradite this guy and that costs time and money. What is behind that? My suspicion is they want to keep him close.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...year-after-slayings-abby-and-libby/326442002/

IN LE did state that they would possibly find out about other criminal activity during their investigation into Libby & Abby’s case & that there may be other arrests because of it, not linked directly to Libby & Abby’s case. That tells me IN LE will not turn a blind eye, so to speak, to any crimes they uncover.
Could it be that simple? I don’t know. But I am keeping that in mind as the days pass. MOO

I want to thank Tricia for reopening the thread[emoji4] I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it. I check in here daily (even though I don’t post often, I’m here) & try to get caught up at night. When the thread was down, it really affected me :( I just want justice for these amazing girls & for their families to begin the grieving process. Until BG is caught, they are in a constant state of limbo. Frozen, trapped in the memory of what led up to the girls’ deaths, reliving it & retracing every second, retelling it over & over again to all who will listen in the hopes they find someone that knows BG.
I understand how difficult it is, trying to find the answers, so you can move on with it, somehow.
I keep reading everyone’s posts & all the media links & the up to date info all of the wonderful WS’ers post & I keep thinking you all are here trying to help figure this out, for Libby & Abby & their loved ones...thank you all for everything you’re doing to bring justice to the girls’ & their families&#10084;&#65039; MOO

https://www.theindychannel.com/longform/the-delphi-investigation-is-this-a-cold-case

Don't know if this has been posted. Interview with Doug Carter and info about the DN In warrants I had not seen before.

&#8220;There&#8217;s a person out there that knows who did it. Not a hunch. They know who that person is,&#8221; said Carter. &#8220;They know that voice and they know those clothes. They know that posture. They know that stance and they know who murdered those two little girls in that quiet place.&#8221;

Quite an interesting statement. This could be charges against that person. I wonder if charges against themselves is what is holding them back.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...GaWxlRW5kIjpudWxsLCJDb3VudHlDb2RlIjpudWxsfX0=

DN has several IN charges with status still pending including Public Indecency from 2015.

It's kind of ridiculous to think that DN went to Colorado for any reason other than to run from the law. Everything DN and KN did from living in their car to using fake ID's at pawn shops points to the fact that they knew they were fugitives and were hiding from LE.

I think it goes without question that had DN stayed in IN he would have been imprisoned and TW might still be alive today.

&#8220;Libby's grandfather, Mike Patty, 52, told DailyMail.com: 'It doesn't seem like a year. Maybe it's because we've been working so hard to try to catch this guy, that's where our focus is.

'When I wake up in the morning, it's the first thing I think of. We are continually working in any way we can to spread this around. We are staying focused until we get this guy caught.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murders-teen-girls-year-on.html#ixzz56vIp7Zr6

https://www.theindychannel.com/longform/the-delphi-investigation-is-this-a-cold-case

Don't know if this has been posted. Interview with Doug Carter and info about the DN In warrants I had not seen before.

Delphi Investigation: Why state police say Libby & Abby's case isn't cold
What we know about the murders of Libby & Abby
PARIS LEWBEL, KATIE COX
Feb 12, 2018 | Updated 3 mins ago

"DELPHI, Ind. -- “It’s not going to be a cold case, it’s not.”

Although a year has passed since the murders of Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams, Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter says he will not let the case go cold before their killer is found.

“I’ve said all along, as long as I’m in this role and breathing, we’re not leaving the City of Delphi in Carroll County, Indiana, we’re just not,” said Carter. “And if we get to the point where we have exhausted the leads that we currently have in the queue then we’re going to start all over again.”"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn