IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also could explain why he is still labeled a person of interest (for crimes in general, maybe Tim Watkins?) and the confusingness of the wording.

With all the confusing headlines on news station websites (“DN has not been ruled out as a suspect” vs “DN is no longer a suspect” vs “Person of interest in Delphi murders is returned to Indiana”) I am surprised a firm “DN is no longer considered a suspect in the murders of Abby and Libby” wasn’t clearly and definitively stated, in order to end speculation.

No problem I've just remembered it was Gray Huze "Derricks Path" I think. Link to GH channel is in post 1 for those who want a refresh.

It was discussed in thread 80, page 5 onwards.

Marking spot to find corresponding links

Eta:
Derrick's Path and more Libby and Abby Delphi Indiana
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ezAbZFHYWbc

Good article on subpoenas and Carter asking someone to trust them:
https://www.google.com/amp/fox59.co...in-new-year-of-hunting-for-delphi-killer/amp/

Thanks for posting.

"In the last month, FOX59 Investigates has learned law enforcement served multiple new subpoenas.

"In the past 30 days, all I have been dealing with is subpoenas," said Carroll County Prosecutor Nicolas McLeland. "I don't think it's been more than a dozen. I don't think it's been very many."

He's been on the job hardly two months and is trying to digest an overwhelming amount of information about the case.

"It is a lot of reading and a lot of late nights. When I'm home and the kids go to bed I'm reading over reports and trying to get caught up on every tip and everything that they have done," he said. "I just want to be a new set of eyes to look at things. And say hey, did we look at this? Did we take this angle?""

No link from me. I also never heard that.

Man with scarf was mentioned in a GH vid re: DG's path to pickup point and more. Interesting vid! Hope it is ok to mention GH vids here? If not my apologies.

"After a year and no named suspects, we asked Carter, was it time for detectives to release anything else on Libby's phone?

He admitted, the agency has thought of that before.

"They ask themselves that question every day," said Carter. "That's why we've had a couple of peer reviews done up there too."

However, the conclusion is to stick with the plan and count on what has already been released to the public.

"We have released at this point what we think is relevant to finding that individual.""

http://fox59.com/2018/02/13/new-tips-new-subpoenas-in-new-year-of-hunting-for-delphi-killer/

That kind of cheap windbreaker is very common in the rural US. They're given out as door prizes or promotions, purchased in bulk by clubs and organizations, and sold in discount stores. I have at least three in my closet. No, none of them came from a prison [emoji16]

It's common to wear one with a hooded sweatshirt for all-purpose layering.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I have wondered if the person who could identify BG is too afraid to come forward, even to submit an anonymous tip. In Indianapolis there have been some murders in the past several years where many eyewitnesses were present. None would come forward because they feared for their lives if they did.

Indianapolis PD has a reputation for being unable to protect witnesses and “squealers” because several have been murdered in recent years before they could testify. Then the criminal walks free, because no one is there to testify against him.

A recent article is about a brave witness who did come forward, and was killed because of it. This article is worth a read.

He Helped IMPD Put Away A Killer. Then His Death Became A Warning

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/653056001

Maybe LE can more specifically talk about HOW they can & will protect a witness immediately after witness divulges info, that might help witness to speak up. I would be scared of this guy too! Especially if I lived with him!

Indeed.

Looking for "we will protect you" quote for reference.

attachment.php

Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter, far left, and other members of the State Police ...more
John Terhune/Lafayette Journal & Courier
https://www.indystar.com/story/news...year-after-slayings-abby-and-libby/326442002/

Attachments

• 636541513539549181-636541406303369774-LAF-Police-update-on-Delphi-killings-01.jpg
    636541513539549181-636541406303369774-LAF-Police-update-on-Delphi-killings-01.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 270
"'[The killer] could be living out of state, in state, halfway across the United States. He's somewhere and he's living down the road from somebody.

'He's already killed two girls. Will he do it again? I can't answer for him, I don't know what's inside his head. But I don't think we should take that chance as a public.'

Despite their faith in law enforcement, the Pattys know the power that the general public could have in getting police that vital tip.

Mr Patty said: 'I have a lot of confidence in law enforcement. They are doing everything they can with what we have. That's why we're out here asking the public for their support."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381385/No-arrests-Delphi-murders-teen-girls-year-on.html

Other Scenarios. Perhaps this won't go down well. IMHO and just a passing thought only on all possible scenarios.

How about this for size. Maybe BG is the witness and Libby did not take the video, the perpetrator of the crime did with her phone. Perhaps BG is the one frightened to come forward because everyone will just assume he is Guilty of said crime when perhaps he may not be.

Just Thinking out aloud
KR
Reacher

Ways we can help, imo:

"She said: 'Some of our group contacted every sheriff's department in the United States. It was over 3,000 departments and they have sent the fliers to every single one of them, so at least every county has a flier.

'They are also contacting all of the college police departments. We have done mass mailings to people; when they go on vacation, they are physically hanging [posters].

'Our group has gone to post offices, bus depots, any place where people travel and hang posters so that his face is out there.'

The Pattys also attend different events to raise public awareness.

'We personally go to craft shows, the home show, festivals - anything that brings in people, we go. We set up a booth, we have his picture front and center. We tell the story, we pass out fliers. If they haven't heard about it, we ask people to share the story on Facebook,' Mrs Patty said.

'Our goal is to have his picture hanging in every store, every restaurant in every town in the United States. We want to make his world small.'"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5381385/No-arrests-Delphi-murders-teen-girls-year-on.html

With all the confusing headlines on news station websites (“DN has not been ruled out as a suspect” vs “DN is no longer a suspect” vs “Person of interest in Delphi murders is returned to Indiana”) I am surprised a firm “DN is no longer considered a suspect in the murders of Abby and Libby” wasn’t clearly and definitively stated, in order to end speculation.

It hurts my head! lol

Thinking about the serial killer aspect: if you prey on kids, you're going to know that you'll find them hanging around around parks, malls, recreation facilities, etc. on days off from school. It would only take a passing mention, maybe something overheard in a cash register line or a coworker requesting a day off because the kids are home, to clue him in that he might be able to find somebody. He could have cruised the location earlier or simply followed people.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

My gosh, our Late Great Foxfire used to talk about this...let me see if I can find an exact quote, I may have posted it already early on, but I love looking for stuff Foxfire said. :)

Eta:

Double dejavu, as we have already had this conversation here in Abby's and Libby's thread on because I think I remember referring to it...

This was actually a conversation between you and Foxfire, carbuff from Lizzie and Lyric's thread (still looking for Foxfire's post also):

Quote from Foxfire: (still not the one I'm looking for) on 12.12.13 re: Lizzie and Lyric:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...sdale-13-July-2012-35&p=10040123#post10040123

""After researching and studying sexual predators/SKs for years, I've learned that most are very observant, calculating, and become very good hunters over time. Most have a reason for everything they say, and everything they do.

RE: Sexual predators go to the source -schools, playgrounds, malls, bedroom windows.

EC & LC, rode their bikes to the park on 07/13/2012, without parental permission and may, or may not have done this before. Tomorrow, children will be in school. In July, children are out for summer break. A child predator would know this...

Sexual predators, although having a preferred victim/s will, lower their expectations as their window of opportunity diminishes, analogous to a mountain lion hunting their prey.
SS, The abductor did not pull off a flawless crime, imo. All of the illusive dots have simply been overlooked, or have not been collected, nor connected, as of yet, imo..
The primary difference between EC & LC's abduction, compared to KS & DH's abduction is that DH escaped MJK's wrath..""

Post by carbuff on 12.12.2013
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...sdale-13-July-2012-35&p=10040870#post10040870

"Foxfire, my research on predators and serial offenders agrees with yours. They're predators. Even if they haven't fantasized and planned a specific crime with a specific victim, they're always looking around them and thinking in terms of victims and escapes.*Is this a place where children congregate? Is that an isolated corner where I can accost them unseen? Does that street give me an easy escape route? Hm, this isolated park where a friend took me fishing could be useful some day. Nobody'd ever think to look here.*And because they're always on the lookout, they can recognize opportunity instantly.*

It's like a coyote looking for a meal. Coyotes know what paths rabbits follow and where they go to eat and drink. They know if they're near a path to water at twilight, they're liable to find a rabbit going to drink. When a rabbit comes down the path, he's ready to spring.*

So I think it's very likely that such a predator (whether sexual or thrill killer) might have cruised past the lake hoping for an opportunity, spotted the girls at an isolated spot at the lake, and pounced, just like a coyote pouncing on a rabbit.*

Is that planned? Yes, but it's not planned in the sense of choosing a specific victim, planning to get to them, luring them, etc. There are killers who do that, but I don't see a lot of evidence of this sort of planning.*

p.s. (Note that I don't think this is the only possible explanation."
end of quote by carbuff from Lizzie and Lyric's thread
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...sdale-13-July-2012-35&p=10040870#post10040870 )

Other Scenarios. Perhaps this won't go down well. IMHO and just a passing thought only all possible scenarios.

How about this for size. Maybe BG is the witness and Libby did not take the video, the perpetrator of the crime did with her phone. Perhaps BG is the one frightened to come forward because everyone will just assume he is Guilty of said crime when perhaps he may not be.

Just Thinking out aloud
KR
Reacher

Yes. Yes!! I am leaning in that direction as well. I was thinking this all day at work. Spinning Carter's words around and around.

Even crazier, DN is the witness...hence the wording may have participated...and won't give up the other guy for fear for himself or his family. Or KN knows and is scared because she's been threatened etc...

Yeah, you're the one who should really take credit for the jacket. :) At first I thought that the likelihood of someone being released and then immediately committing this crime wasn't good, but stranger things have happened. I am not discounting it.

Nope not credit to me. Lol but anyhow I tend to agree with you. That would just be beyond crazy and not make sense . Who walks out of jail , still wearing the jacket they gave him and goes and kills 2 girls ? I just can't make that mesh in my head. But it's one of those things that's bugs me nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member