IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I still think it totally INSANE the search was called off around midnight! WTH??? I don't understand. Where did they think these girls were??? What were they thinking at that time??? Not seeking to blame any one but - I have never understood this at all. Seriously. What if the girls had been taken into a building in the vicinity and were being molested? Just call it off for the night? Whaaaaaattttttt??? WHY?????

This is what makes me wonder if they were taken somewhere and then the bodies moved back later?? Surely the parents/family members wouldn't have just gone home and gone to bed when the police called off the search. Has it ever been said if they kept searching alone? I know I would have walked through those woods, by myself, until my feet were bloody and raw if it were one of my children.

Everything that has been said about these girls and their characters makes it clear that it wasn't typical behavior for them to pull a "disappearing act" for the night. Is there some other clue we don't know about that led everyone to believe they were somewhere safe and just hiding? This part of the case makes no sense to me.

This is what makes me wonder if they were taken somewhere and then the bodies moved back later?? Surely the parents/family members wouldn't have just gone home and gone to bed when the police called off the search. Has it ever been said if they kept searching alone? I know I would have walked through those woods, by myself, until my feet were bloody and raw if it were one of my children.

Everything that has been said about these girls and their characters makes it clear that it wasn't typical behavior for them to pull a "disappearing act" for the night. Is there some other clue we don't know about that led everyone to believe they were somewhere safe and just hiding? This part of the case makes no sense to me.

I believe some folks did keep searching through the night. The thing I don't get is- Did they have some other scenario in mind they thought was very likely, that would cause them to think the girls were not out there? (Example, a cross town boyfriend family did not approve of... EXAMPLE ONLY!!!) Knowing their line of thinking in calling off the search so soon might help us understand possible clues here? IDK. Otherwise, WHY?

unfortunately I have no doubt.
and i so hope I am wrong

What do you mean? Do you know who did this?
Or were you saying you have no doubt this will be an utter shock and you hope your suspicions of who it is is wrong?

Sorry but I still think it totally INSANE the search was called off around midnight! WTH??? I don't understand. Where did they think these girls were??? What were they thinking at that time??? Not seeking to blame any one but - I have never understood this at all. Seriously. What if the girls had been taken into a building in the vicinity and were being molested? Just call it off for the night? Whaaaaaattttttt??? WHY?????

I have wondered the same. if it were my child I wouldn't be able to stop searching. I know it's dark and a forest, but it's my child! I'm not putting anyone down here as I wasn't there, but this has never made sense to me either.

This is such a strange case.
Welcome Llihehtnwod.

Are you a fan of Dylan Thomas "Under Milk Wood" by any chance? Your name reminds me of the fictional village Llareggub.

What is strange in your opinion? We need some new input.

Following is the exact statement from Carter when asked at the 2/13/18 press conferance if more video would be released to help identify BG:
"No, we are not. We think we have released enough, now um if there's a possibility of identifying the killer based on the photograph we'll be able to do that and that's all I can say about the video and audio we have." Huh? Hasn't the possibility of identifying the killer from the photo been almost impossible since day one? There was plenty of news that day plus the vigil. Press conferance was a bad idea. JMO

Following is the exact statement from Carter when asked at the 2/13/18 press conferance if more video would be released to help identify BG:
"No, we are not. We think we have released enough, now um if there's a possibility of identifying the killer based on the photograph we'll be able to do that and that's all I can say about the video and audio we have." Huh? Hasn't the possibility of identifying the killer from the photo been almost impossible since day one? There was plenty of news that day plus the vigil. Press conferance was a bad idea. JMO
I think they know who it is but want verification from additional persons.

Maybe they won't release the full video and audio until it is used in the killer's trial for identification purposes and proof that he committed the murders.

Maybe only one witness seeing him is not enough for trial?

Maybe they won't release the full video and audio until it is used in the killer's trial for identification purposes and proof that he committed the murders.

Sounds like maybe they can't interview him (if he has a lawyer) without calling him a suspect and they don't have enough to charge him without interviewing him, getting his DNA. But if that one person who knows comes forward then they can call him a suspect and proceed.

Sounds like maybe they can't interview him (if he has a lawyer) without calling him a suspect and they don't have enough to charge him without interviewing him, getting his DNA. But if that one person who knows comes forward then they can call him a suspect and proceed.
That's what I am hoping for. It's too depressing thinking they have absolutely no clue who it is at all IMO.

I agree Shiressleuth. If LE knows who BG is, then LE is trailing BG wherever he goes. How great!

On the Dr. Phil show, Anna Williams said 'At around midnight, the police did call off the search for the evening.'

She might mean the Carroll County Sheriffs, as the bridge area is in their jurisdiction and outside of Delphi town limits.

Yes, but who in particular? Who calls off a search for two young girls?? But allows or didn’t control others still searching said area. I don’t care what time it is. This has never made sense to me!

Welcome Llihehtnwod.

Are you a fan of Dylan Thomas "Under Milk Wood" by any chance? Your name reminds me of the fictional village Llareggub.

What is strange in your opinion? We need some new input.

That username is "downthehill" backwards it seems

Yes! This. Has never sat right. Mind boggling.

What do you mean? Do you know who did this?
Or were you saying you have no doubt this will be an utter shock and you hope your suspicions of who it is is wrong?

I have no idea who did this. My opinions only. Sorry thought it was understood from the conversation it was only my thought process.

welcome to our new poster!

wonder if Llihehtnwod is someone in Delphi! we could use good reporting on the ground! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu