IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some questions I wish LE would answer. Some of them might help the "right person" come forward while others would at least help squash some internet rumors. I don't think any of these would impede the investigation:

- Where the girls killed at the site in which they were found?
- What was their TOD?
- Do you believe that this person is local?
- Do you believe that BG acted alone?
- How do you believe the girls reached the other side of the creek?
- Was the site in which they were found searched on the first night? (I know the answer to this, as family and searchers have answered it on SM, but it would be nice to have this clarified in MSM)
- Is there viable DNA in evidence?

An example of how this might help: LE does an interview and says that they believe BG and the girls crossed the creek. Someone in BG's life finally has that missing link-they remember him coming home soaking wet that day. Now they're confident that it's ___. (Or something like that. It's just a random example.)

They keep telling people to stop the armchair sleuthing, mostly to stop posting pictures of random men and asking if they look like BG, but there's also been quite a bit of SM harassment of the family members. I feel that coming out and publicly clarifying a few things would put a stop to at least some of this.

My one question would be who called off the searching that night?

Maybe LE knows the identity of BG and he lawyered up immediately? That could explain why they haven't spoken to him. Carter has stated twice he's looking forward to talking to BG and asking him why. Lawyers block LE. Could the piece of puzzle be a statement from a friend or family member identifying BG for a probable cause affidavit for DNA search warrant? JMO

Try2Solve....let's say he did lawyer up....would that mean DNA would also not be obtained unless they had probable cause (evidence directly linking him?) I am curious how the obtaining of DNA is allowed? If not voluntarily given and incarceration does not require non-violent felon to give it up....do they all have to wait till they have enough to ask him to provide?? Thanks and if anyone knows answer pls help me understand....thank you:hanging:

Day before valentine's day ... consider a package delivery person? Or someone known by the Snowbirds who may have been checking in on their place but they (in denial) think it just couldn't possibly be him? Someone who stayed with or visited RL and RL thinks it couldn't possibly be him? Someone affiliated in some way with the Bicycle Bridge Rd property they searched so early on? Maybe they asked about a hitchhiker so as to rule that OUT (as in they think the perp withdrew to a local residence on foot after the crime)? Maybe they asked about a backback because if NOT seen or found in the vicinity, same thing, the perp returned with said backpack to a local nearby residence? Just some random brain storming ... But why all the billboards? To keep BG from thinking he could flee and be successful at it, so he would remain in the vicinity? Feel free to poke holes, my brain is tired tonight. Just throwing out some thoughts I've had ... How do they KNOW someone knows BG? He must be local and someone close to him in denial. Why did they say BG "participated", was there a 2nd person there and is this the person who KNOWS?

Here are some questions I wish LE would answer. Some of them might help the "right person" come forward while others would at least help squash some internet rumors. I don't think any of these would impede the investigation:

- Where the girls killed at the site in which they were found?
- What was their TOD?
- Do you believe that this person is local?
- Do you believe that BG acted alone?
- How do you believe the girls reached the other side of the creek?
- Was the site in which they were found searched on the first night? (I know the answer to this, as family and searchers have answered it on SM, but it would be nice to have this clarified in MSM)
- Is there viable DNA in evidence?.
- What did they search for and what did they remove from RL's?
- Was the phone found intact or had it been damaged or tossed?

Thank You Shiressleuth. So many are sad over the press conferance but I can't help think LE are much closer than we know. Notice how Carter stated they've cleared everyone they've spoken to? It's much easier to say that if you're secretly watching BG. I also believe BG is a SK. I can't help but remembering LE stating they would release more video if they had to. They don't have to. I believe Carter is now saying don't look at the face because family and friends of BG are quickly saying they can't see the face when being interviewed. The girls familes would be outraged if they knew LE was watching BG instead of arresting him. If BG is a SK and Indiana found him that's a huge success for ISP. I think Carter had the presser at the trail because they feel good about their progress. If ISP
were clueless, they wouldn't of had that press conference. JMO
I like thinking this way. As you suggest, it would also explain why they didnt emphasize the BG pic or audio and why they are not releasing anything else.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Nations-no-longer-a-major-concern-in-Delphi-murders-474116613.html

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Abigail_Williams_and_Liberty_German

Cath, this appears to be the latest MSM I have seen mentioning DN not being a major concern.
I have also just realised, a jury trial is scheduled for May in JoCo, so being a POI for a murder could prejuduce that trial IMO.

I have also linked the Wiki page that states he is no longer an "active POI".

I am not trying to be rude or otherwise what was the tipping point that we can no longer discuss DN? Did I miss something that LE has cleared him as a POI?
From Press Conference held at the Trail 13 February 2018
When asked about Daniel Nations (around 9m50s):

“Until there’s someone arrested, we’re interested in almost everybody.”

“As you all know, we went out to Colorado and spent a little bit of time with him and he’s not a person that we, umm, care a whole lot about at this moment in time; and that’s all I’ll say about Daniel Nations.”
So? What does this really mean? To me, it states
That DN is still a POI.

We know that DN's Public defender refused IN LE to talk to him.
I am confused. TIA

https://www.theindychannel.com/longform/libby-german-the-world-got-short-changed

[FONT=&amp]Windows rolled down with Guns and Roses’ “Sweet Child O’ Mine” blaring on the radio - that's how Carrie Timmons visits her daughter's grave. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Now, for Libby, Carrie says it’s her job to make sure everyone sees that evidence.

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“I need more people to know. I need everybody to know and to see his face and get it out there."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“I won’t stop, ever. Not until he’s caught. I owe that to Libby.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]And so no parent will ever suffer at his hands again. [/FONT]

Hi kat913,
Suppose someone tipped off LE to BG. LE contacts BG and right away BG contacts his lawyer. Lawyer then tells LE no way are you talking to my client. This gives LE ZERO probable cause for a search warrant for DNA or anything else. Remember there if there is DNA at the scene BG is not in CODIS. Suppose BG has no criminal record and is an upstanding citizen? A judge will never approve a search warrant for DNA because police say someone with no prior criminal record looks like a sketch. A lawyer can also appeal a search warrant. I think one of the biggest mistakes in this case was thinking BG was a homeless hobo. What if BG is a well thought of member of society with the means to hire attack dog defense attorneys? Sure would make it a lot more difficult for LE.

Interesting! Carter said on Dr. Phil "a citizen of Delphi had an ENCOUNTER with the man in the sketch." I don't believe this has anything to do with the supposed witness for the sketch. I believe the sketch is from enhancement of sketch by NASA and snapshot DNA Phenotyping from Parabon Nanolabs. They recently did this in the case of Jodine Serrin. The sketch was eerily release the same day the girls were found. I'm attaching the story. Who is the citizen of Delphi who BG had an encounter with?
https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sand...e-released-in-2007-valentines-day-murder/amp/

I hardly ever have the chance to post as always catching up reading, but super quiet here.
As an Aussie, murders on bush-trails are pretty rare, but we have hardly any people (and relatively no guns). I know the Appalachian Trail is epic distance from Delphi, but a number of unsolved murders of pairs of young women on this trail.
In terms of “profiling” these have been of slightly older girls/women. I’d imagine so much of this tragic crime was opportunistic. How likely is it to find two such young women, during the day (ie not at school) and on a trail. Most trail walkers are older and male. Unless as mentioned by others it was prempted by horrid grooming and thus an anticipated meeting.
Some very sad thoughts and wishes for the family at this time. And with all and an additional wish that we could see the gait discussed by LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one question would be who called off the searching that night?

On the Dr. Phil show, Anna Williams said 'At around midnight, the police did call off the search for the evening.'

She might mean the Carroll County Sheriffs, as the bridge area is in their jurisdiction and outside of Delphi town limits.

Interesting! Carter said on Dr. Phil "a citizen of Delphi had an ENCOUNTER with the man in the sketch." I don't believe this has anything to do with the supposed witness for the sketch. I believe the sketch is from enhancement of sketch by NASA and snapshot DNA Phenotyping from Parabon Nanolabs. They recently did this in the case of Jodine Serrin. The sketch was eerily release the same day the girls were found. I'm attaching the story. Who is the citizen of Delphi who BG had an encounter with?
https://www.google.com/amp/fox5sand...e-released-in-2007-valentines-day-murder/amp/
I don't follow what you are saying here. Could you repost in a different manner? I want to understand your line of thinking. Thanks & thanks for being here!

Sure. Initially LE said the detailed sketch came from witnesses and other investigative measures. In 2012 a new DNA test called the Hirisplex System was created that could predict hair and eye color for suspects not in the criminal database. That's why I believe LE stated not blue eyes and reddish brown hair. The test can rule out blue eyes by over 90% reliability. The hair prediction is over 80%. This Parabon Labs has now taken it further and can actually create a sketch from DNA. I believe with DNA and NASA highlighting the pic on the bridge is how the sketch was created. The big mystery is what citizen of Delphi had the encounter with BG the day the girls were murdered.

Just a few impressions I got from the 1 yr. press conference at the trail.

The presser was not aimed at the general public but speaking directly to BG and anyone who knows BG.

As others have stated here, they did not show the sketch or still shots of BG. They appealed to people who recognize the clothing, body of BG. LE is needing the one tip from someone who thinks BG is in their inner circle and has been afraid to come forward.

LE did not show the sketch imo because well meaning individuals have focused on random photos of others and also because, for many, the sketch resembles the CO person who they aren’t interested in at this time.

All JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Dr. Phil show, Anna Williams said 'At around midnight, the police did call off the search for the evening.'

She might mean the Carroll County Sheriffs, as the bridge area is in their jurisdiction and outside of Delphi town limits.

Sorry but I still think it totally INSANE the search was called off around midnight! WTH??? I don't understand. Where did they think these girls were??? What were they thinking at that time??? Not seeking to blame any one but - I have never understood this at all. Seriously. What if the girls had been taken into a building in the vicinity and were being molested? Just call it off for the night? Whaaaaaattttttt??? WHY?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper