IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes RIP. I took it to mean that too but am now wondering. It's one of those vague LE statements again . If they found it in the taped off area, why wasn't the voice released till 22nd? Unless it was damaged in some way and they had some work to do before recovering that audio.

I think they were considering whether or not to release the audio and then what precise part to release. I think we're lucky to have anything. We know there is plenty more audio that LE has decided not to let us hear. Even tho we don't know for sure, I expect there to be more of BG's voice on there. I can't help but wonder if hearing more of his voice, his drawl, even the manner in which he speaks and the words he chooses would be helpful. But it might be very mean or crass or give away goings on LE doesn't want us to know about at this time.

IMO this would not be possible. Google is very strict with subpoenas, just like Apple. You can read about their processes here, and it sounds like they aim to side with the consumer as much as possible where privacy is concerned. https://support.google.com/transparencyreport/answer/7381738?hl=en

It’s a really slippery slope for google, like Apple, because a phrase like “parks near delphi” could point to a bunch of IP addresses, most likely innocent people. How many people would ever google anything if they knew that an innocent search for a park could land them in questioning for a double homicide?
They probably did a tower dump of that one tower for that day. That would have all the IMEI numbers of the phones pinging that tower on that day. How they then track down those would be FBI work I would imagine. :cow:

I am wondering if RL gave BG a ride to Americus where RL had his pizza and brews @ Pizza King.

Then I started thinking maybe BG hanging at the property at 1100 block Bicycle Rd. went to the trail and murdered the girls on Ron's property and got a ride down to Americus with Ron. Perhaps I truly am losing my mind.

The Americus pizza and beer was on a different day - the 26th Feb IIRC.

Eta - I see you have already changed this based on another post. Just catching up.

I've been wondering if LE looked into any local residents that fit BG's description that lost an elderly relative they lived with in the weeks/months prior to 2/13/2017. I am under the impression that BG possibly lives or lived with an elderly relative who would either be senile or unaware of the murders or is in no position to turn him in even if they suspected him because he is their sole caregiver. Just a thought.

We now know that LE said BG walked a certain distance, no car reported ( Carter) We know that the Girls bodies were found on RL's property. We know that RL was at the recyling depot at Noon, we know that RL was at Pizza King in Americus, right?

Hi Cathdawg- I believe RL went to recycling/transfer station Feb 13 late AM. He later went to get tropical fish in Lafayette? Not sure but iirc that 2nd trip was 2/13 aftnoon & he returned home to folks asking if they could search his property. Possibly he gave BG a ride TO bridge area and again OUT of bridge area but knowing the exact times of his travel that day would help.

I have long thought RL unwittingly allowed BG into his truck and/or house. Hence, big search of both. This case is so fascinating and so confounding! Anyone got any links to further clarify RL's outings that day? I think he may have seen & interacted with BG but that is JMHO.

BicycleBridgeRoad... I remember seeing the flash (on a news vid or news still) from pics being taken in an upper bedrm there during an evening search. Did ppl living there have a squatter? Did they hire someone? Did they have a guest? What kind of tip could have lead LE to search there? Very curious but may have been a false lead, IDK.

Wonder if, and when, LE might release more bits and pieces that might stir ppl's memories. Since they haven't, I hope and pray they have a solid lead they are investigating. I worry that they do not but of course IDK.

Correct, but this was regarding subpoenaeing google searches, not pings. Google searches can come from anywhere in the world, so IMO google would rule that too broad and fight the subpoena. I think it’s so broad of a search that LE wouldn’t even ask that. MOO.

They probably did a tower dump of that one tower for that day. That would have all the IMEI numbers of the phones pinging that tower on that day. How they then track down those would be FBI work I would imagine. :cow:

Folks, I have been reading along and being that we are on thread #83 I am seeing a number of posts that are getting some information mixed up.

I realize this is a discussion group but something I often do when I see a post that I'm unsure of is turn to Google.

It's very easy and my last search according to Google yielded these results in an amazing amount of time:
About 367,000 results (0.55 seconds) .

To each their own in researching comments, but I find it keeps me from asking oodles of questions here that I could answer myself.

For the question about the Peru property: There is an article that actually states they have cleared people at the residence. It also states the general location. If MSM does not indicate the exact address, let me say from experience it is not hard to narrow down a location based on maps, news reports, photos, etc.

A handy reference post was made long ago with facts. Perhaps it's time to refresh that and pin it to the start of each thread? There are a number of new people posting that I think would benefit from having a "cheat sheet" so to speak. Those of us here from the beginning could help update it.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-home-finds-no-link-delphi-killings/98407258/

Folks, I have been reading along and being that we are on thread #83 I am seeing a number of posts that are getting some information mixed up.

I realize this is a discussion group but something I often do when I see a post that I'm unsure of is turn to Google.

It's very easy and my last search according to Google yielded these results in an amazing amount of time:
About 367,000 results (0.55 seconds) .

To each their own in researching comments, but I find it keeps me from asking oodles of questions here that I could answer myself.

For the question about the Peru property: There is an article that actually states they have cleared people at the residence. It also states the general location. If MSM does not indicate the exact address, let me say from experience it is not hard to narrow down a location based on maps, news reports, photos, etc.

A handy reference post was made long ago with facts. Perhaps it's time to refresh that and pin it to the start of each thread? There are a number of new people posting that I think would benefit from having a "cheat sheet" so to speak. Those of us here from the beginning could help update it.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-home-finds-no-link-delphi-killings/98407258/

Thanks wasn't enough. Don't think I could go thru all of that again. This case has been long and hard.

Correct, but this was regarding subpoenaeing google searches, not pings. Google searches can come from anywhere in the world, so IMO google would rule that too broad and fight the subpoena. I think it’s so broad of a search that LE wouldn’t even ask that. MOO.
Yes your answer was and I should have quoted the post you answered as that was discussing pings, which I was addressing. Sorry to break the flow.

This is an excellent article which points out the consequences of being named a person/property in a search warrant. The article is about Delphi and a past case. I hope you all will read.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...stigation-means-keeping-low-profile/98214716/

"Delphi police publicly cleared the man from the search warrant on Bicycle Bridge Road, but threats were posted on social media, prompting authorities to again tell people not to harass the man because he was not involved in the killings."

I think they were considering whether or not to release the audio and then what precise part to release. I think we're lucky to have anything. We know there is plenty more audio that LE has decided not to let us hear. Even tho we don't know for sure, I expect there to be more of BG's voice on there. I can't help but wonder if hearing more of his voice, his drawl, even the manner in which he speaks and the words he chooses would be helpful. But it might be very mean or crass or give away goings on LE doesn't want us to know about at this time.
LE did indicate they may release more but seem to have now changed their mind. It makes me wonder if that is because they have someone in their sights to have changed their mind about that.
:cow:

LE did indicate they may release more but seem to have now changed their mind. It makes me wonder if that is because they have someone in their sights to have changed their mind about that.

LE has stated from the beginning the reason for not releasing the audio or video.

Authorities have additional video evidence but aren’t releasing it to preserve the integrity of the investigation.

(from another quick Google search but there are surely more articles and more recent ones at that)
https://nypost.com/2017/02/22/slain-teen-recorded-mans-voice-before-she-was-killed/

I don't remember them saying that they might release more of the audio or video, but then there has been a lot of information out there. I might have missed it. Do you have a link for that?

To recap Peru Canal Rd cleared. Bicycle Rd tip was on a person there and also cleared.

“The name of a man who lives at the Peru home on Canal Street had came up during the ongoing investigation into the homicides of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, said FBI Special Agent Bob Ramsey.
After conducting the search, however, FBI do not believe the man has any ties to the case, he said.
"We in no way believe he is connected to the murder of those girls," Ramsey said.
This is the second search warrant that has been served in relation to the Feb. 13 killings of German and Williams, whose bodies were found the next day near Deer Creek east of Delphi, roughly a half-mile upstream from where they were last seen.
Police on Feb. 16 also interviewed a man and searched his Delphi home on West Bicycle Bridge Road, but didn't recover anything, the Journal & Courier previously reported.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unlikely LE has been sitting on any solid leads in light of the fact that they've now asked outside agencies - such as the Georgia B.I. - to review the Delphi murders.

It's unlikely LE has been sitting on any solid leads in light of the fact that they've now asked outside agencies - such as the Georgia B.I. - to review the Delphi murders.

That's the way I am feeling now as well.

To recap Peru Canal Rd cleared. Bicycle Rd tip was on a person there and also cleared.

“The name of a man who lives at the Peru home on Canal Street had came up during the ongoing investigation into the homicides of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, said FBI Special Agent Bob Ramsey.
After conducting the search, however, FBI do not believe the man has any ties to the case, he said.
"We in no way believe he is connected to the murder of those girls," Ramsey said.
This is the second search warrant that has been served in relation to the Feb. 13 killings of German and Williams, whose bodies were found the next day near Deer Creek east of Delphi, roughly a half-mile upstream from where they were last seen.
Police on Feb. 16 also interviewed a man and searched his Delphi home on West Bicycle Bridge Road, but didn't recover anything, the Journal & Courier previously reported.”

Did they ever give such assurances about any others?

Did they ever give such assurances about any others?
Those two are the ones related to recent discussion but can add RL cleared, DN they are not interested in at this time. With no new info it’s understandable to rehash old info. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member