IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The landowner when interviewed by Fox 59 did say there was extra lighting.

“There were hundreds of cars and vehicles and generator trucks that keep the lights going. They had the whole woods lit up like a football field,” Logan said.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/16/delphi-...very-of-missing-teens-bodies-on-his-property/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This quote re lighting flooding the woods was in ref to the crime scene AFTER girls were found, not on the night of the initial search.

I found a link for the footprint(s). I hope this is allowed as I haven't seen it posted as yet. You'll need to zoom in but there is at least one heading towards the CS. I think to the right of the circle is additional foot prints.

http://www.pharostribune.com/news/local_news/article_031b521c-f2e3-11e6-a249-a77587cb24f9.html
cache.php

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I only just saw this photo for the first time a month or two ago, however I didn't see the foot print till your post just now. What I had noticed was that the tree lying on the bank appears to have been recently uprooted. You can still see the location in the eroding creek bank where the roots were (see my red arrow). It appears the collapsed area and hole in the bank was created when the tree was uprooted. I've wondered if BG or one of the girls grabbed onto it to pull themselves up the bank, and due to the erosion & dry-looking soil the tree couldn't hold their weight and came out of the ground and fell as it lays in the photo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TreeRootsCreekBank.jpg
    TreeRootsCreekBank.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 287
Dont get me started again about calling off the search :shame:

No way, no how, should LE called the search off. Unless they made contact with the girls, there is literally no excuse that will ever convince me that was the biggest mistake imaginable and makes me question so much more.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I get upset over this.

I didn't take it as alarming that they called off the search that night. To me it seemed like it was too dark and the general feeling from following the news updates was that the girls had somehow wandered off the trail but would be found cold and hungry in the morning but fine.

Yes. In EMS or SAR, you'd call off a wilderness search when conditions become too dangerous for the searchers. In this case, it was dark and the Monon High Bridge, Deer Creek and surrounding terrain became too risky for searchers, especially untrained volunteers. You're trying to save your resources to locate/rescue the two lost girls; if you have people wandering around those areas in the dark, you might end up with more people in need of rescue and resources.

I agree with this, however, I don't agree with the EMS services knocking it on the head. just MHO

He's talking about after the girls were found, not the night they were missing.

Thanks to you and Ember for the correction. With that knowledge it is truly a head scratcher that those lights were not used Mon. night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. In EMS or SAR, you'd call off a wilderness search when conditions become too dangerous for the searchers. In this case, it was dark and the Monon High Bridge, Deer Creek and surrounding terrain became too risky for searchers, especially untrained volunteers. You're trying to save your resources to locate/rescue the two lost girls; if you have people wandering around those areas in the dark, you might end up with more people in need of rescue and resources.

Also, how would anyone have found the bodies in the dark, since apparently they followed footprints? Plus, to be frank, it was too late for the girls, before the search even started. All the searchers in the world wouldn't have found them alive, or caught BG in the act.

ETA It also occurs to me they were prepared for a crime, and didn't want people blindly stumbling around, walking over footprints, moving evidence, etc.

If you read the article below, there is a comment under the article of a local speaking about "camping" near the Monon Trail - there could've been a small camp sight...

one-trail-blazing-small-town

IIRC, way back in the beginning LE mentioned the killer might have been camping near the bridge. Never did hear anything to indicate they actually found a campsite.

Unrelated (surely) but we've pondered here before if BG was perhaps hopping a train and if that was possible, etc. and I just saw this so, yeah, people do still hop trains so that's still a thing apparently.

Coincidentally, the train company involved here is CSX which I believe also own or owned the Monon High Bridge in Delphi.

Again, not related but just adding for the train info. MOO

Person hopping train dies after falling onto tracks on Indy's west side

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-after-falling-onto-tracks-on-indys-west-side

Family and citizens continued to search. It was LE that closed up their official search - and Sheriff Lazenby stated the reason was that they didn't suspect foul play.
Two young teens missing on a trail -- who actually would give up until they were found?

Family and citizens continued to search. It was LE that closed up their official search - and Sheriff Lazenby stated the reason was that they didn't suspect foul play.
Two young teens missing on a trail -- who actually would give up until they were found?

Adding to that, that AFAIK LE asked the general public/ private searchers to stay out of the area around the bridge, as they were planning to bring in the dogs the next day. Trying to locate the source for that.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Adding to that, that AFAIK LE asked the general public/ private searchers to stay out of the area around the bridge, as they were planning to bring in the dogs the next day. Trying to locate the source for that.

ALL IMO

-Nin

Source was Carrol County Indiana Scanner on FB (February 14th, 2017, 8:23am). This is not our scanner thread on WS!

All IMO

-Nin

It's contradicting. Calling off a search to bring in dogs the next day... huh?? So obviously there was cause for concern right then and there.

They didn't have a helicopter? Or other LE to come in to help.
So someone twists an ankle...small price to pay to find to lost little girls. :banghead:

Did they not take two little girls missing serious?
I can't, I just can't. :tantrum:

I have often wondered if there is no perp or suspect, and exactly what was going on w these two girls in their personal life. It's a strong statement to make, no foul play.
I always felt that there was something else going o w the deaths of these two. Yes i realize we have a video audio on a cell phone...I just cannot believe we know 1\2 of the details in this case. Always reluctant to state my misgivings, I think WS should rethink and re-imagine family friendly antiquated rules that prevent any accurate detailed searching No Matter the relation to the said victim. Usually the victim is directly related, so this only censors true debate; the over moderation ruins the sight and vision of what every member hopes to accomplish. IE, a lead. JMHO as always w love. Fear of reprisal from family must take a back seat in order to truly examine a case. The murder stats prove that one usually knows and is close to their attacker or killer. In hopes of a more open discussion...and change.

It's contradicting. Calling off a search to bring in dogs the next day... huh?? So obviously there was cause for concern right then and there.

They didn't have a helicopter? Or other LE to come in to help.
So someone twists an ankle...small price to pay to find to lost little girls. :banghead:

Did they not take two little girls missing serious?
I can't, I just can't. :tantrum:

I must reiterate, I am very very supportive of LE, I don't mean to criticize. I really do wish I wasn't so upset about this.
I just have a hard time with leaving any child behind.

Just thinking to myself. I wonder how many "missing 14 year old" reports LE gets on any given day. How many ran off with friends and were found a few days later? They didn't see this coming.

Just thinking to myself. I wonder how many "missing 14 year old" reports LE gets on any given day. How many ran off with friends and were found a few days later? They didn't see this coming.

LE knows, especially in a small town, troubled families and what is cause for true concern and what is repetitive. (I am in no one saying A&L were trouble or not, it is for example only) Otherwise LE made a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB