IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the wall question:

What new information could LE tell us now.... that would help solve the case... yet preserve crucial evidence for future prosecution?
While at the same time not tipping off the killer (s).

I'd like to know the time of death. We've gone so many rounds as to whether the girls were taken away/brought back or if the crime happened at the spot they were found.

I'm not 100% buying their "preserving the integrity of the case" argument.

Now my question: Is anyone of the opinion that people have seen the autopsy report while it was still public record? It wasn't sealed until on or around March 28.

The two things that I would like to know to settle a bunch of questions are: time of death and what type, if any, vehicle is suspected. If they don't have a vehicle in mind, as they alluded earlier, then I'd like to know how LE thinks he left the park.

How accurate is voice recognition software? Do you think that every POI talked to, assuming they actually talked, has had their voice lined-up against the recording? Is the tech to the point where it can be used for a warrant? Sorry for off topic but just curious.

The other possibility is she (purposely) dropped it as they were going thru the woods knowing she had recorded him. When she was told to hand it over, she showed it was lost. That could have sent the killer into a rage.
He could have smashed it and thought it was not viable. Or if he didn't think he had been recorded (because she was super stealthy), and he never touched it maybe he really didn't think it was necessary to do anything with it.

The two things that I would like to know to settle a bunch of questions are: time of death and what type, if any, vehicle is suspected. If they don't have a vehicle in mind, as they alluded earlier, then I'd like to know how LE thinks he left the park.

Remember the flyover the day the bodies were found? The pilot took a good closeup of that white vehicle parked at the house with all the junk sitting around. I've always wondered if LE gave that property a thorough search.

For me, hands down, it would be the COD. While I understand that releasing this info could lead to false confessions, OH WELL. Literally, oh well on false confessions. It might just be that one piece of missing info that would cause someone’s “brother, wife, or sister” to say, “Oh my god, my brother ALWAYS walks around with a hatchet, a .45, rope, a machete” etc., and come to think of it, my brother looks like BG. Or even something like, “the girls were drowned. Come to think of it, when I was little my uncle So and So tried to drown me. He looks like BG actually...”

Oh well, LE...release the COD and convict the real BG with some other evidence. What reason is there not to release it at this moment in time?

Off the wall question:

What new information could LE tell us now.... that would help solve the case... yet preserve crucial evidence for future prosecution?

Off the wall question:

For me it would have to be the actual video of him approaching. I think the gate and mannerisms might help. Might not, but something I wish has been released earlier.

For me, hands down, it would be the COD. While I understand that releasing this info could lead to false confessions, OH WELL. Literally, oh well on false confessions. It might just be that one piece of missing info that would cause someone’s “brother, wife, or sister” to say, “Oh my god, my brother ALWAYS walks around with a hatchet, a .45, rope, a machete” etc., and come to think of it, my brother looks like BG. Or even something like, “the girls were drowned. Come to think of it, when I was little my uncle So and So tried to drown me. He looks like BG actually...”

Oh well, LE...release the COD and convict the real BG with some other evidence. What reason is there not to release it at this moment in time?

You answered your own question. To avoid false confessions and retain info that only the real killer could know. A defense attorney for the real killer would be able to inject reasonable doubt into the minds of jurors if others falsely confess to the crime by saying, "Look, my client did not do it, and this other guy already confessed to it!"

The public is not going to solve this case at this point. There is plenty of evidence we have that would allow someone close to the killer to turn him in if they wanted to. LE does not owe us anything. If they decide releasing more evidence/info might help find the klller, I am sure they will release it at some point.

A profile.

I too think LE should release the profile of this person now. With each passing day, this case is getting cold. It is sad to see that with the audio, video, sketch and the gait, and possible DNA evidence BG is roaming free.

So what? Plenty of cases have been successfully prosecuted when the COD was released. These LE officials act like this is standard procedure to withhold it 100% of the time. So...you’re right. They don’t owe us anything, and I’ve always shared that sentiment. And I grasp the false confession concept. But they don’t have any REAL confessions at this point either. The question was asked, what would help solve the crime. The question wasn’t whether or not LE owes it to the public to release the info in question.

You answered your own question. To avoid false confessions and retain info that only the real killer could know. A defense attorney for the real killer would be able to inject reasonable doubt into the minds of jurors if others falsely confess to the crime by saying, "Look, my client did not do it, and this other guy already confessed to it!"

The public is not going to solve this case at this point. There is plenty of evidence we have that would allow someone close to the killer to turn him in if they wanted to. LE does not owe us anything. If they decide releasing more evidence/info might help find the klller, I am sure they will release it at some point.

For me it would have to be the actual video of him approaching. I think the gate and mannerisms might help. Might not, but something I wish has been released earlier.

I’d also like to see LE release a new, colorized sketch. IMO I think a colorized sketch could help identify the suspect.

As much as my curiosity would like to know more about BG and what happened out there, I'm not sure if anything they know could help identify him any more than what they've already shared. It would be nice to watch him walk in order to see what his gait is like and any peculiar things that stand out in his movements, to know how they were killed in order to know if they had suffered much or if there were similar unsolved murders around, to find out if they had gone through the creek or somehow gone over it, and many other things. The problem is that the anyone who would recognize him by his gait, mannerisms, word choice (if more audio were released), etc., most likely already recognizes him from the stills and audio that have been released. It's very possible that nobody recognizes him from the sketch because they're never like photographs, and I think that the more realistic they are, the less people are able to see someone with similar features but a slightly different look.

At this point, I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. I'm 99.99% sure that I've never met BG (even though he looks and sounds very familiar), LE has most likely figured out pretty much what happened and when, and I'm not sure that I can add anything other than more speculation about things that are unlikely to have anything to do with solving the case. Still, here I am anyway.

I think that when BG went to take it from her, she threw it as far as she could toward where he couldn't reach it. And since she was athletic, that could have been pretty far.

This is what I believe... BG may have been saying.. "give me your phone".. (and then Libby threw it)..

We almost always hear cause of death at the time of a murder...i.e woman found stabbed, teen shot in park, child beaten. I think the fact they won’t reveal the cause in this case points even more strongly to a sexual assault, which they are trying to hide until or if there is ever a trial. I can’t see why else they are so loathe to reveal more details. It almost seems like an attempt at chivalry, in a way, but often crimes are solved when comparisons can be made to prior or future crimes. All jmo obviously.

We almost always hear cause of death at the time of a murder...i.e woman found stabbed, teen shot in park, child beaten. I think the fact they won’t reveal the cause in this case points even more strongly to a sexual assault, which they are trying to hide until or if there is ever a trial. I can’t see why else they are so loathe to reveal more details. It almost seems like an attempt at chivalry, in a way, but often crimes are solved when comparisons can be made to prior or future crimes. All jmo obviously.

There was an article I linked earlier that stated they had DNA, that's how they cleared DN. So they don't have to worry about false confessions.

I was wondering if it's more about respect for the victims and their families, since it was reportedly 'brutal'.

It's their case to solve, not mine, I'm glad not to have that heavy responsibility.

Off the wall question:

They could release the FBI profile that they likely have.

There was an article I linked earlier that stated they had DNA, that's how they cleared DN. So they don't have to worry about false confessions.

I was wondering if it's more about respect for the victims and their families, since it was reportedly 'brutal'.

It's their case to solve, not mine, I'm glad not to have that heavy responsibility.

Brutal is a pretty mild word for what happened here

He could have smashed it and thought it was not viable. Or if he didn't think he had been recorded (because she was super stealthy), and he never touched it maybe he really didn't think it was necessary to do anything with it.

I'm still confused over the comment made, after the search was called off that night, that ~ Libby's phone was pinging all over town~ still wondering how that could be?

I think a profile would help - Especially to those that may or may not know BG. It would help clarify their thoughts.
As for phone pings. I am at a loss at how the comment could have been made so quickly by a family member.
As for time of death, I think it could be helpful.
As for the cause of death, I believe LE is doing the right thing and keeping it close to their chest.

I think LE could do more with Profile and or suspected escape route or method. I don't think the sketch was helpful and I would like to know if they ran the voice through Voice Analytics pinpointing the accent (Of Course they would have done)

I think LE enforcement know exactly who did this and cant prove it because of an alibi which refuses to break or report.

It is the Alibi that needs to look at their conscience and live with it day in day out.

May today be the day.the alibi chooses to do the right thing.

KR
Reacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members