IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that he is likely an unlucky at life type. Everyday I kind of expect for an arrest. Why? I guess because I expect his luck to run out. I’m not from Delphi, but I helped search on 2/14. I’ve checked the news everyday since hoping to see he’s screwed.

IMO

Thank you for searching, first_light! I truly hope his luck runs out soon, as I don’t believe this to be the type of perp who commits a crime such as this and just stops never to do it again. Hoping that LE can catch on before he gets lucky again...as I believe he was quite lucky to be able to do what he did in such a short time frame etc.
This talk of accents has made me realize that I would also love to know what the FBI has to say about his speech, as I hope that hey have had access to more audio than we have...they must have great dialectologists who can study the cadence, accent, word usage etc. and so I would love to be a fly on the wall hearing where exactly they think he is from (granted that as a drifter, trucker, or someone who has simply moved a lot it may not narrow things down, but who knows). Grasping at straws at this points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FBI estimates that there are between twenty-five and fifty serial killers operating throughout the U.S. at any given time. If there are fifty, then each one is responsible for an average of three murders per year.Oct 24, 2014

I forget which serial killer gave similar estimates to the FBI. But this is from the article posted below... Geez sometimes I wish "Dexter" was real, and more mobile than the Miami area

https://www.bustle.com/articles/112070-how-many-active-serial-killers-are-there-right-now

LE, usually through 911 communications centers, can have the carrier ping a specific phone and the carrier can provide the location information if the phone responds to the ping. If the phone is off or out of battery or out of range of any cell tower it can't respond to the ping. This process involves the 911 communication center contacting the carrier and providing the phone number to ping. In the more modern 911 communications centers the personnel at the communications center can do this without having to call the carrier.

Thank you - so appreciate your insight and knowledge on this thread and many others!

Lucky in the sense he hasn’t been caught, for sure. Unlucky is what made him the way he is... I am sure there is a story there. For the meantime, it is helpful, at least for me, to look at patterns in behavior. For now, we don’t know of any, but can look at past examples of people who have been convicted of crimes like this... and other kinds of patterns in similar crimes.

I know people aren’t trusting of profiles these days, but modus operandi, and other terms in the field could be helpful. How did the crime go down?

There is so little information about that released, so we have a lot of head scratchers here, for sure.

YES. With more info we could certainly at least attempt something more concrete, but with so little to go on we are left with very few pieces of the puzzle, and no reference image to even begin to pair them with, so to speak.
I am very curious as to what happened in BG’s (most likely early childhood and onwards) life that caused him to be this way. I know there are always outliers but much of the time people who commit crimes of this nature have some sort of story that preceded such violent behavior. He is truly, truly unlucky...

The FBI estimates that there are between twenty-five and fifty serial killers operating throughout the U.S. at any given time. If there are fifty, then each one is responsible for an average of three murders per year.Oct 24, 2014

I forget which serial killer gave similar estimates to the FBI. But this is from the article posted below... Geez sometimes I wish "Dexter" was real, and more mobile than the Miami area

https://www.bustle.com/articles/112070-how-many-active-serial-killers-are-there-right-now

There is so much great research on SKs. Yet nothing is answered in this case. I think it’s time to rethink the hesitancy to release profile information. Right now, we have he may have changed his appearance or cancelled an engagement that looking back seems odd. If he is, as I think he is, transient, neither of those would apply, IMO. No one is paying attention to him. Perhaps, a better profile might be is someone who prefers the outdoors, has limited need for day to day human contact, in their youth, was fascinated by fires, hasn’t been seen by family members in weeks or months, and so on. The FBI’s research on crimes like this should not be wasted.

This is what makes me think they do have DNA, do others agree?

(Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley) said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.

"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

Bringing forward the post from the top of page one of every thread:

4) If you feel you have a tip by all means phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

There's a good chance that they have DNA evidence. If the DNA came from an ojbect near the scene (like an empty beer can or a cigarette butt), then they might not be certain that the DNA belongs to the perp.

If they're certain that they have BG's DNA, then a sexual assault probably occurred.

Good point !!! Any random persons dna could be found on a pop can or a cigarette butt, people walk all the time and throw those things done but I do wish they would just say if we were looking at a sexual predator or not! That in itself would narrow down the search a bit.

Adding it would only help if he had a history of it but then than that does boil back down to DNA on file... jeez. Maybe LE really is stumped. I’m praying they aren’t. I’d rather believe they are onto something ... anything!

I live in Indianapolis and if asked would say that I’d narrow it down to the red circle I added. Just a guess obviously. I have family from Kentucky and I don’t hear that, in these couple words anyways.
4613284bd8193e54e950a0c474bd71b2.jpg

I agree. Kentucky here, with a house in GA as well. Linguists say that you need 20 words for a voice comparison so it is hard to tell anything from such a short phrase. But I don't hear southern.

As a Kentuckian, outside of the Louisville and Cincy metro areas, we culturally identify as southern and not as midwesterners. It's a thing. It might not mean anything to people not from here, but it does to many of us.

I agree. Kentucky here, with a house in GA as well. Linguists say that you need 20 words for a voice comparison so it is hard to tell anything from such a short phrase. But I don't hear southern.

As a Kentuckian, outside of the Louisville and Cincy metro areas, we culturally identify as southern and not as midwesterners. It's a thing. It might not mean anything to people not from here, but it does to many of us.

That might be the source of some of the disagreement. I'm from Montana and New England. When I say southern, that includes Kentucky. :D

Hope it is ok to post this please forgive me if it isn't.

There was a recent podcast interview of the case where one of the girl's mum's stated that she noticed her daughter had severe bruising under her fingernails that she initially thought was dirt. I believe the poor girl fought for her life and this could be one source of the monster's dna.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/edboun...for-libby-abby

Here's a MSM link to a different story.

https://www.theindychannel.com/longf...-short-changed

There was a recent podcast interview of the case where one of the girl's mum's stated that she noticed her daughter had severe bruising under her fingernails that she initially thought was dirt. I believe the poor girl fought for her life and this could be one source of the monster's dna.

We need a link for this. Do you happen to remember the name of the podcast? I can look for the source if you can provide some information about where you heard it.

I completely get the southern pride thing. We vacation down in Alabama and I will never understand how I wasn’t born and raised in th south. I feel so warm and happy down south and the people are honestly ... different! In a good way. I feel safer and happier down south. One time we made an emergency stop in Paducah on the way down to Alabama and the name alone made me feel like we were in the good ol southern land lol!

Thank you for helping with the search.

I think BG is a serial killer you don't just wake up one morning and kill two young teens on a whim. The guy will be a career criminal with a long list of offences under his belt. It is his experience that has helped him escape capture and I hope his luck runs out ASAP before he kills again.

I’m glad I helped, but it was a traumatic experience that I think about often, especially with this guy still on the loose. We were required to check out to ensure no one was lost while searching. I saw a lot of sadness when I went back to check out. I’ve loathed BG since and look for him daily.

I wonder how often serial killers leave their victims, or kill onsite like this? Just seems to me most serial killers usually want more time with their crime. I’m no expert obviously!

Also, as far as DNA... I know two ‘old POIs’ personally that were called in to the tip line. I wouldn’t have suspected either. They both were asked a couple Q’s and asked to provide DNA. If LE didn’t have likely BG DNA, I would think those guys would’ve been scrutinized further. I say ‘old POIs’ since earlier everyone was a suspect, but as of the last press conference, no one LE has talked to is a possible suspect... At least that’s how I took that comment from LE... That the possibly top thousand or so potential POIs interviewed thus far aren’t BG. JMO.

I’m glad I helped, but it was a traumatic experience that I think about often, especially with this guy still on the loose. We were required to check out to ensure no one was lost while searching. I saw a lot of sadness when I went back to check out. I’ve loathed BG since and look for him daily.

I wonder how often serial killers leave their victims, or kill onsite like this? Just seems to me most serial killers usually want more time with their crime. I’m no expert obviously!

Also, as far as DNA... I know two ‘old POIs’ personally that were called in to the tip line. I wouldn’t have suspected either. They both were asked a couple Q’s and asked to provide DNA. If LE didn’t have likely BG DNA, I would think those guys would’ve been scrutinized further. I say ‘old POIs’ since earlier everyone was a suspect, but as of the last press conference, no one LE has talked to is a possible suspect... At least that’s how I took that comment from LE... That the possibly top thousand or so potential POIs interviewed thus far aren’t BG. JMO.

I agree with SK comment. I feel like this crime happened so fast, it wasn’t at the hands of a SK. He could easily turn into one if he goes too much longer as a free man on this case. He will get confident and ballsy and strike again. This is why I believe LE could be onto someone ... just MO!

Hi greg,

Without having heard that podcast (and have not yet followed your link in a subsequent post), I was going to comment that either or both girls may have scratched him and as a result, had BG’s DNA under their fingernails; or somehow BG got cut or scratched and bled on one or both of the girls. LE may have found evidence that didn’t match any “known” or expected DNA.
JMO.

Hi greg,

Without having heard that podcast (and have not yet followed your link in a subsequent post), I was going to comment that either or both girls may have scratched him and as a result, had BG’s DNA under their fingernails; or somehow BG got cut or scratched and bled on one or both of the girls. LE may have found evidence that didn’t match any “known” or expected DNA.
JMO.

I think this is the case. It is a distressing detail to find out, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Liberty's mum to have seen this.

I think this is the case. It is a distressing detail to find out, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for Liberty's mum to have seen this.

As terrible as this may sound, and as sad as I am that they had to fight so hard only to succumb to this “human”, that one statement has given me more hope than anything else I’ve read or heard from in a very, very long time. I HOPE that it means there is a better chance that the DNA they have collected was GOOD, and not just some random pop can or touch/transfer DNA. Granted BG seemed to be quite well-covered...but still one can hope. And I am choosing to. Listening to this first thing in the am. I hope it’s okay to stay, and thank you for bringing it to us.

ETA: if it was Liberty, this might also tie into the comment that she would have “fought like hell” as I think it was phrased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member