IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as they went in, it was all over the news and assumed to be connected to the case. I was thinking that they wouldn't want to give the public and media a reason to suspect they had a suspect at the plant if they were just fishing a bit. It would also draw negative attention to the business.

It was just a hunch I had. Mainly because I couldn't believe some jerk would call a bomb threat into the plant in the area on the heels of such a local tragedy.

They had one recently as well....they've had a lot of problems there

One other thing.....he will stop wearing those clothes. The jacket will disappear, the jeans, the hoodie. Gone. If this was his usual go to outfit, people will notice a new jacket, jeans, whatever. Friends and family have to be able to have click that something has changed and question it. That's where it gets tough.

Time is the enemy now.

I am quite certain that LE are being inundated with tips. The problem is they need to sort through it all and investigate them. It takes time. It is quite possible that they already have the guy on a list and don't know it yet.

I am sure that any and all CCTV in and out and around Delphi is being examined. Again, it takes time.

This guy is ordinary. He fits into the landscape. We think he's from Indiana because of his voice, his clothes tell us he could be a rural guy or not. He's somewhat middle aged we think. We all know guys who dress like him. He blends in and that makes it really difficult because he could be anyone.

IMO I really think this guy is local. He knows the trails and may even use them frequently. He's probably trying to keep it all together right now and just BE NORMAL.

I have several friends who are LE. They have told me over and over again, that they solve more cases because a woman in a relationship or close to the perp comes forward. They are the ones who notice the slight changes but they question themselves and feel guilty about suspecting their significant other before they come forward. They need time to convince themselves.

Time....it's all about time right now.

MOO

I have just been thinking how hard it must be to report someone you suspect if they are your husband or loved one. Horrible situation to be in

Delphi investigators expand plea for information to 46 states, raise reward fund

Police said at that time that they could not confirm if this suspect is local or from outside the area. To that end, the FBI is using digital billboards to get the word out nationally. As of Thursday afternoon, they were using approximately 6,000 electronic billboards in 46 states to ask for information about this case.

This makes me wonder if their bodies were arranged in a way that possibly links them to other interstate serial murders

I personally believe that discussion about if the parents should have let their girls play alone in the woods are not productive and could be hurtful. We have 214 guests viewing this thread, it would be a shame if family or friends of the victims saw that type of discussion here.
Websleuths is so great because it strives to be a fact based forum, there's no room for gossiping and rumor. Lets try to keep this thread open by obeying the rules. Lets remember this thread is about two beautiful young girls who lost their lives and tracking down the killer by using the facts we know. Wild speculation doesn't help and can also be hurtful.

Right, but I think the tape began before he was actually close enough to talk to them. I believe they have every bit of the exchange recorded.

They have stated they don't believe it to be a chance encounter, I believe. There are reasons they are saying this.

It is possible that they were doing a snap chat and she hit video on SC? Those videos I believe only last 10-15 seconds. LE stated it came from her phone but perhaps it was from an app on her phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally believe that discussion about if the parents should have let their girls play alone in the woods are not productive and could be hurtful. We have 214 guests viewing this thread, it would be a shame if family or friends of the victims saw that type of discussion here.
Websleuths is so great because it strives to be a fact based forum, there's no room for gossiping and rumor. Lets try to keep this thread open by obeying the rules. Lets remember this thread is about two beautiful young girls who lost their lives and tracking down the killer by using the facts we know. Wild speculation doesn't help and can also be hurtful.

This ^^^^ :tyou:

Right, but I think the tape began before he was actually close enough to talk to them. I believe they have every bit of the exchange recorded.

They have stated they don't believe it to be a chance encounter, I believe. There are reasons they are saying this.

LE has not said this.

ABC just showed the town, the bridge, snippet from the news conference yesterday, the pictures, and played the recording three times on ABC evening news. It was early in the broadcast. It is being covered nationally.

For Pete's sake. I was baby sitting at 13 years old and working a part time job. Yes a different day in time, but Delphi is a far cry from Detroit or LA. I would not have thought twice about skipping railroad tracks with my bff to pass time. Nor would my parents back then or myself as a parent now. They were not toddlers and not in a known dangerous area. To criticize these parents would be to criticize parents as a whole. End of story. Next

Wow. Can you post the obituaries here? Is that allowed? That is such an unfortunate thing to happen to one family. So sad.
I do not know if it's allowed. Nor do I know if I can post their names. It seems like maybe a gray area. As I mentioned I am very new here. I did read the rules but, I'm still not sure. If someone knows the correct answer...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member