IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice timeline! Did you see where the girl said she saw him at 3:49? Or was that maybe the time she posted a photo, but had seen him earlier?

This is said in the article, which makes me think maybe she was there earlier and just did a photo around 3:49.

A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. “I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” CME wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

I only remember her saying she was on the bridge at 349. I believe she referred to a photo she had taken for the time. However I saw the actual post she made which at the time was linked to the article and now it has been removed from facebook. But the broken link is still in the article.http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

I hope this is a funny story.

The night they were recovering Jessica Ridgway's body (and that was a nightmare with my eyes open), I was home alone. I live in a suburban area where the houses aren't real isolated but they aren't real close together. And my house backs up to the woods. It was late, past midnight. I had locked and checked all the windows and doors a couple of times.

And all of a sudden the house went BANG! like something big had hit the wall.

And then it went BANG! BANG! again.

Damn I jumped. Surprised there's not still a carbuff-shaped print on the ceiling. I thought the killer was about to come in and get me. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bedroom with my cell phone trying to decided whether to call 911.

That's when one of the neighbors called, asking if I felt the earthquake.

Earthquake? We don't get those around here. It's not California :)

I felt very foolish. But I still didn't unlock the bedroom until morning.

Thanks for the funny story. It made my evening!

While we're talking location I just wanted to bring this back - Sgt Riley ISP on PRIMETIME:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/16/ptab.01.html

<snipped>
"CASAREZ: All right. Now, the tragic thing is that this photograph right here was taken possibly minutes before. You don`t -- I don`t think you
have the timeline of when they were murdered, but their bodies were found. Can you describe for us where their bodies were found because it wasn`t
exactly on the trail, right?
RILEY: No, it was not. It was actually on private property that was in probably about a quarter of a mile from the location where that end of that
bridge is at."

<snipped>
"CASAREZ: Now, the private property where these two beautiful young girls were found, was there a home on that property?
RILEY: There is a home on the property. It is about, I`m going to say, probably about half to three quarters of a mile away from that location,
but it`s more to the north of the location of where the bodies were found."

Bear in mind this interview was before LE revealed the audio and source of the pic of BG

Thanks for the link and transcript text.

It backs up what I've thought since the weekend. Roughly a 1/4 mile from the SE end of the bridge, to the spot where these two girls were murdered. Not even a 1/4 mile, really.

The home is about a half mile or so, the spot where these two poor girls met their demise isn't even half that, IMHO.

Thank you for posting this. I somehow missed how far the house was from where the girls were found. They really for isolated.

True but if you were the abductor and were trying to abduct to girls from this location how would you go about getting them out of the location unnoticed? Is there another easier route?

this is MOO

I am a grandmother of 3 girls this age. This story has me so upset.

All 3 of our grand daughters are smaller like the younger girl.
There is no way 1 male/the age of the photo could keep 2 of our girls in his control by himself, without some sort of weapon.
I could totally see our girls taking a photo of an uncomfortable situation.
This age loves taking pics, if something is different, they pic it.
If they were in an uncomfortable situation and not under a restraint of some sort,
they know enough to scream.
Our girls love the outdoors, they spend a lot of time exploring. They adventure, but
wouldn't go off the path like our grandsons would. Hanging with their girly friends,
it would be a walk, talking & taking pics of bugs, birds that sorta thing.
Unless you are truly fit, it is mighty tough to walk trails with this age & keep up.
Guarantee they can out run us,

So in MOO the person/persons responsible: definitely had some sort of weapon.
If no weapon, then there were positively 2 people involved.
This age are screamers/yellers
I feel they had to be gagged with something to keep them quiet.
It was a nice day, the girls knew others were on the trail.
I don't think a weapon alone would stop them from screaming.

I so hope this search is over soon.

:Welcome1: grandma! This case has touched many very deeply, especially those with teens.

I have seen that the common theme in abduction type attacks is to gain immediate compliance which usually involves a weapon. Knife, gun, cattle prod, taser, fist, etc. In this case hold and hurt one and threaten the other. We don't kow what kind of suffering they endured getting marched "down the hill" and I don't want to know.

Again welcome to the forum .

Our local stations are covering this case right now. I am so glad!

Does the group think that it would be useful to contact or pester the newspapers and TV stations local to your area
in order to get them to initiate some coverage of case. Possibly pester them to post the FBI press release.

My thought is that many people do not get their news from the web or national TV. They only read their local paper daily
which may cover a county or two and that's it. No real national coverage. These folks would have no knowledge of the case.

Or....could more coverage of the case further away from Delphi (as in across the country but in local/rural outlets) generate too
many useless tips? Many of these smaller papers have tip lines and do solicit stories.......Just a thought.

I wonder if the guy she saw when she got there was BG or the <modsnip>, and the other one already had the girls somewhere, and the couple she saw was there to pick the girls up. Has it been said yet who was supposed to get them? I've been assuming it was the sister, but have no reason for thinking that.
It was said a different family member. Right! What if the second guy seen was looking for the girls? Hm. Possible. I don't remember if they said who the pickup person was.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I cannot get over the sudden change of tone from the first few days after they were found to the last two days.

Suddenly, the community isn't responsible for making up their own minds, it's the country needs to be on the lookout for one or possibly two murderers. We need to keep a close eye on our children. We think it's a local to could be a hitchhiker and we're expanding our search. Multiple trips to the trails/cemetery after the initial crime scene investigation. Thousands of billboards all over the US with his picture.

Something tells me it's not just the fact that locals haven't ID'd him. I think they've found something or heard something that leads them to believe there is something more than just a guy or guys that killed two young girls. In all of my travels, I've never seen any of America's Most Wanted on a billboard. In fact, I've never seen a suspect on a billboard in my life.

Why is this different? This certainly isn't the first time a child has been murdered. This certainly isn't the first double homicide involving children. I want to know why it's as big as it is.

Great post, I totally agree. And iirc initially they didn't even call it homicide?!? I mean, what else could it have been? Unless they were thinking double suicide or murder-suicide?

Ok, so as I went back reading all the other posts about the Iowa case and similarities I decided to watch a few news releases and there are some very similar things about the cases. More importantly the thing that stuck out the most was the area the girls were found in 2012. It was called "7 Bridges" Wildlife Area. They went missing in July near Myers Lake, but were not found until December in a remote area near a bend in a river. I think this is very important. This area has similar historic bridges. I went through every single thread and no one has pointed this out.

A couple of overly descriptive posts have been removed.

Please remain sensitive to the possibility that family, friends, loved ones of the victims may be reading here. It is hard enough for them to learn the facts of what has happened to their loved ones without reading unnecessary, gory details that a total stranger might speculate on in an online discussion.

These are real victims, real families ... dealing with a horribly real situation. Let's not add to their pain by suggesting horrors that are a product of our imagination.

:tyou:

Ok, so as I went back reading all the other posts about the Iowa case and similarities I decided to watch a few news releases and there are some very similar things about the cases. More importantly the thing that stuck out the most was the area the girls were found in 2012. It was called "7 Bridges" Wildlife Area. They went missing in July near Myers Lake, but were not found until December in a remote area near a bend in a river. I think this is very important. This area has similar historic bridges. I went through every single thread and no one has pointed this out.

Not to call you out ,but they have mentioned it.

I am way behind on this case. I hope it's okay to ask a few questions.

1. What does BG stand for?
2. Where did the picture of the possible suspect come from?
3. Has the guy in the picture been named?

THANKS.

THANKS.

1. Bridge Guy
2. Liberty's phone
3. No

Hope that helps!

Is he smart enough to stalk them but too stupid to take their phones with him, though?

Yes. Throw in the nature of the crime, as in this sicko's urges, and to me it all makes sense. Cool. Calculated. Methodical. Murderous.

I've posted about it in other threads, I think Libby was using the 'selfie cam' on her phone, to record BG, over her shoulder. BG may be savvy enough to have a smart phone where he could check on who has 'checked in' to a park, in this case the park where the crime happened. Or, he just knew girls would be in the park on a non-school day, and prepared for it.

The whole damn thing was planned, however we can hypothesize on how well he planned it, etc. His level of intelligence. My biggest bone to pick here is he had a tight time frame, we're talking under 30 minutes, maybe under 20, from "git down the hill", to death.

This isn't Britanee Drexel (sp?) being snatched from Ocean Boulevard 9 years ago, driven an hour south to McClellansville, and possibly raped and tortured for almost a week. This isn't vulnerable prostitutes/drug addicts, easily overcome by a serial killer.

Two healthy, outgoing juvenile girls were murdered in broad daylight, in a not-so-big public park, in a small town.

A post above is from a woman who took her daughter there to check it out, yesterday. She had a hard time finding the park/bridge, which is just outside Delphi.

perp knows the park. Has walked it, maybe even fished there. He knows the park like fhe back of his hand, and planned this crime well in advance.

I believe he did some dry runs. Had to get his timing down. Stalk, confront, march, cross two creeks, kill. MOO is that is what happened.

On a lighter note, let's not allow this to affect how us outdoors people enjoy the outdoors. Be vigilant here in Indiana and the Midwest, but don't let it affect our enjoyment of the oitdoors.

You've been Missed courtneyb! Where ya been?
:loveyou:

I stepped away for "just a minute", heartbroken after Noah's parents' sentencing,
Blinked, and somehow 18 months had flown by. &#55357;&#56898;

Also, about that time, my 9 year old daughter began training full time and homeschooling to get ready to try to make the national gymnastics team. Still adjusting to gym and school in new city, etc. I've missed being here!

THANKS.

Hi!
1. Bridge Guy
2. Libby's phone
3. No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors