IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Redddit need to be spelled with 3 ds to show? Enemy forum? hehe @Simply Caustic

LE doesn't need Ancestry.com. They just released a DNA profile in the Vanessa Marcotte jogger murder and used a lab with specialized technology to do just that.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ceton-7-August-2016-7&p=13175738#post13175738

"Early turned to Parabon, a Virginia company that says it can use DNA to develop a “composite profile that includes eye color, skin color, hair color, face morphology, and detailed biogeographic ancestry.” The company determined the man is “of Hispanic or Latino origin,” Early said.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...sa-marcotte/FRBcJh2nHc2KddvmmmkMSJ/story.html

I do believe that technology can give them a facial representation as well but I need to research more.

Yes, I would suspect LE has resources beyond the scope of Ancestry, but I'm not sure I've ever seen them solve a crime by saying crime scene DNA is closely linked, although not a match, to the Bennetts over here, in Lake Charles. Which is what Ancestry does. Mainly I just plugged Ancestry because they're an amazing resource.

Why does Redddit need to be spelled with 3 ds to show? Enemy forum? hehe @SimplyCaustic

Years ago it showed up. Then when it wasn't allowed as a source - I.e. "On Reddit they said George and frank did it!" - it stopped
Showing up and became all
Asterisks. Maybe even like 7 years ago. I have no concept of time.

ETA: it looks like it DOES show up! Ahh I'm dating myself here. Must've allowed it again. My apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. So last night before bed I finally watched the 45 minute YouTube vid that someone made of the entire trail. I was struck dumb. First of all, if you haven't watched it I urge you to. The Monon bridge and relevant trail parts are in the last 15 minutes or so of the trail. I had to fast forward or go nuts listening to this guy shuffling his feet.

My reason to urge you to watch this is because by reading so much I was picturing almost a park. This is no park. Its isolated. Someone could be in the trail 50 ft ahead of you and you wouldn't see them! These are trails in the woods that I personally wouldn't walk without a big dog or big male friend. And the bridge itself is purely hazardous. My point is that this guy picked the perfect place in Delphi to commit his crime.

I'm sure most of you have already seen this. But if you haven't it will give you new perspective. Jmo.

Here's hoping the big tip comes in today.

P.S I would link but I'm on my phone with Tapatalk and it's a big pain to try. Just go to you tube. It's also been posted in the first thread somewhere. Ty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm confused why folks think this is a trucker, as well!

They have a reputation. Just posting the facts, not intending to pick on truckers. IMO, from following crime cases for decades. They are obsessed with driving and traveling. Their mobility makes them hard to catch. IIRC, there is a good amount of information on this type of killer, on the Department of Justice Website. You can also google for info.
[h=1]FBI makes a connection between long-haul truckers, serial killings[/h]
[h=2]A bureau database includes more than 500 female victims, most of whom were killed and their bodies dumped at truck stops, motels and other spots along popular trucking routes crisscrossing the U.S.[/h]http://articles.latimes.com/2009/apr/05/local/me-serialkillers5

At least 25 long-haul truckers are currently imprisoned for serial murders. In 2009, the FBI revealed their database, the Highway Serial Killings Initiative, which tracks information about hundreds of murders that have taken place along US highways and tries to link some together by details. In the first four years of its existence, the program helped authorities to identify and arrest 10 men, believed to be responsible for over 30 deaths. Here are 10 known killers who made the open roads of America their grisly hunting grounds. Read more at the below link.

http://listverse.com/2015/10/31/10-serial-killing-long-haul-truckers/

I live about 50 miles from this crime- the billboards are all up and down the interstate. I passed three on my way to/from my daughter's home yesterday (about a 40 mile round trip).

My local paper publishes all of the 911 calls that are logged by dispatch (a source of great amusement at times- trust me).

There have been 3-4 calls/ day with people wanting to report someone resembling the suspect to local LE. So people ARE spooked, and ARE paying attention.

The image was sent using the snapchat app. You can send photos and also chat with friends through the app.
You can send images two ways on Snapchat . You can send it to someone individually or post as a "story", where everyone (possibly limited to just friends ) can see it for 24 hours.

I've only seen that chat option when viewing stories , as opposed to a snap sent directly to me. Therefore I took it to mean that the person taking the screen shot took it from viewing her "story".

Sent from Tapatalk

Good morning. So last night before bed I finally watched the 45 minute YouTube vid that someone made of the entire trail. I was struck dumb. First of all, if you haven't watched it I urge you to. The Monon bridge and relevant trail parts are in the last 15 minutes or so of the trail. I had to fast forward or go nuts listening to this guy shuffling his feet.

My reason to urge you to watch this is because by reading so much I was picturing almost a park. This is no park. Its isolated. Someone could be in the trail 50 ft ahead of you and you wouldn't see them! These are trails in the woods that I personally wouldn't walk without a big dog or big male friend. And the bridge itself is purely hazardous. My point is that this guy picked the perfect place in Delphi to commit his crime.

I'm sure most of you have already seen this. But if you haven't it will give you new perspective. Jmo.

Here's hoping the big tip comes in today.

P.S I would link but I'm on my phone with Tapatalk and it's a big pain to try. Just go to you tube. It's also been posted in the first thread somewhere. Ty.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'll need to watch that video. That said, I live within a 5 minute drive of a "park" that has a 2 mile trail leading to an old quarry. When you're walking the trail, it has a look and feel of remoteness, however, it's basically just 5 driving minutes away from a suburban neighborhood / town.

With the popularity of FB groups and Redddit forums (intentionally dragged out the D so it would show), I find that a lot of newer posters aren't familiar with the somewhat strict but incredibly helpful TOS and rules, here. Almost always they have them in the first page of the thread, for anyone wanting a refresher...or even wanting to be informed, if you're new!

Kitty is right - rude isn't WS. Maybe mildly snarky at our worst [emoji4] I kid, I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Post #1 on this thread has a link to "Etiquette & Information".

Helpful links in my sig as well.

Over on YouTube, John Lordan just uploaded an excellent video on this case. His BrainScratch series is amazing, he deals with his subject matter very methodically and without sensationalism. I tried to link it here but I'm new to WS and the attempt failed miserably.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Several people over the last few days have said that if LE said it, that settles the question, about a great many things. And while I generally agree with that, and I have deep respect for the difficult job that law enforcement has every day, especially in a case like this...

...it's not always true. Even the most honest and high integrity LE, as the officers involved in this case appear to be, will lie to protect the investigation and they will mislead reporters and the public to protect the investigation. They will do that to protect the public from itself, to protect witnesses, to protect the victim's family from harassment. That's on top of the respect for logic that compels them to say "we have no evidence of that" when they're 95% but not 100% sure.

The LE investigating this crime seemed to be very honest at the press conference, but they avoided a lot of questions and they phrased other answers ambiguously. They denied a connection to other homicides--but started off by saying they thought he was going to kill again. And the Fox59 news story about DNA being expedited implies that they don't yet know whether there's a match in the database. What they said was probably absolutely truthful as of that moment though, and they have good reasons for saying or not saying whatever they said.

I'm not saying don't believe anything LE tells you. This LE group especially seems to be both honest and competent. But pay attention to the gaps and the things that aren't said as much as to what is said, and keep a little salt handy just in case.

I live about 50 miles from this crime- the billboards are all up and down the interstate. I passed three on my way to/from my daughter's home yesterday (about a 40 mile round trip).

My local paper publishes all of the 911 calls that are logged by dispatch (a source of great amusement at times- trust me).

There have been 3-4 calls/ day with people wanting to report someone resembling the suspect to local LE. So people ARE spooked, and ARE paying attention.

Are the actual tips being published - with all the details? Or just a general description that a tip was called in?

Y'all may have discussed this already. I'm a couple of threads behind.

On deliberating if this was a chance encounter or if the suspect(s) knew A and L were going to be at the bridge:

Maybe the suspect(s) knew the girls were going to be at the bridge because they overheard the person who drove the girls there tell someone that they were dropping them off at the bridge that day.

I am not saying the dropper-offer was in on this. I'm saying that the dropper-offer may have had something to do that afternoon and told someone or a group of people that they could help someone with something/run an errand/stop by to visit after they dropped the girls off at the bridge around 1pm. The dropper-offer could have said this on Facebook, talking loudly in a store or parking lot, at a gas station, at a diner, a garage, at work, etc. So at around 1pm---there's the bad guy(s) waiting because they heard it.

We walked with a camera crew from NBC News Chicago.

They were setting up behind us as we got to the bridge. My plan was to walk to the north end and come back.

At the bridge.

68a0bd552ca165103d50ac5c238d73f8.jpg

Bridge.

There are six side platforms, three on each side. I was unable to climb up as I was afraid of losing my balance. So much for the plan.

Using a zoom lens, this is just past the first side platform. You can see the other five platforms and the barricade at the north end of the bridge. We tried with my camera, my android and my daughter's Iphone to duplicate the same shadows that I was certain were barricades (that LE confirmed) in Libby's photo of Abby, but for what it is worth, I could not. Maybe due to lighting. It was overcast today.

f6d33057cedef1cc42c096cc125dc0c0.jpg

This is not a hill. Just a small built up area just before getting on the bridge. It looks easy to get on but it is not. The young news crew girl wouldn't go up either. One of the two camera guys did, but maybe not as far as Abby went.

5f25253c3eb7448c075f2e09bcbd79f6.jpg

There is nothing I would call a hill here. There is i small area to the left, maybe two feet wide that looks like maybe you can climb down, but it's steep.

fe7200c9ad9a7f3eb94b266e02522eef.jpg

9a7a16d7b367b4bc56d0a2b4db8e88a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you for the photos! What do you mean when you say "climb up"?

With regard to this small area to the left, you can't see the way down standing over it. I think you would have had to have gone down that way to know it was possible.

But this is actually the the most logical path to where they were found.

We did go down to the cemetery, but it is fully enclosed with wire fencing.

That's all I have. It poured rain on the way home. I wish I could have been braver for you all ti get more and better pics.

bb430e25c2fad598b6b01f25c507525a.jpg

fd2f7f900e8822e0dd4bd0db37ceade6.jpg

2d0d999a6873ff9d6a3bbfab134c56b0.jpg

ef6c9810894608247996c583ca4830e9.jpg
1989c97dc2f455067e0c91487a1accb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks you for posting these and giving me a better idea. I'm still confused as where the girls were and where the guy was. I've heard that bridge is very long. Were they at the beginning where the flowers are and he's in the middle as if walking towards them if that makes sense.
I'm confused because everyone said there is someone in that pic of abbie but then were told it was a barrier so they must have been quite far out on the bridge to take that pic because if I'm thinking right the bridge is too long to see the end of it leading the other way. I'm even more confused now I hope this make sense and someone gets what I mean

Hopefully, the police will release information on what the perpetrator took from the girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay