IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall reading what object or location the DNA was collected from. I do recall reading examples of where DNA can be collected (example: cigarette butt)
Right? Another example of speculation becoming fact.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm sure that's a factor but it doesn't seem adequate to explain 6000 billboards in 46 states and 20 FBI agents reporting to the director. But maybe it does.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It is absolutely remarkable ( and commendable ) that this case is receiving that kind of attention!
Horrible little nagging thought that the perp may have left a message in one form or another, that he will commit more ugly crimes.

Maybe the murder of two children was the message.

speculation, imo.

I have completely given up on which direction they went over the bridge and which area they were found despite the wonderful map efforts of some members like BobS. Just trying to imagine them being coerced over such a large area of woodsy terrain with a water feature smack in the middle and the time frame estimated for attacks has my head spinning and leaves me feeling that a KEY component is missing or being withheld by authorities. I wish we had exact location of discovery and knew of local unofficial little paths through the woods and private property that locals know for fishing etc. I really think this guy is SUPER familiar with the woods . Probably grew up playing here.

I need to take a break and go catch up on some other cases.

P.S. on one of the other SM sites someone posted a picture of an Indiana packers jacket in blue. I tried to google apparel for this company and have had zero luck. However the jacket in the picture was pretty similar. I can't even remember where I saw it. 

I had thought that LE reported they went missing from the same side they were dropped off at. I could be mistaken ,it has been known to happen.

From watching the press conference, I got the vibe that the police had a suspect on their radar, and were seeking the tip or tips that would nail the perpetrator for once and for all.

I noticed how the officers really personalized their appeal for tips with the repeated emphasis on "You." With all of the home security cameras out there, we don't know if LE has video in addition to what was captured on Libby's phone.

My impression is that this guy is middle-aged, and has committed heinous crimes before. His ability to blend in as an "Everyman" has allowed him to fly under the radar for quite some time. He may even have previous convictions for sex-related crimes, but if any were misdemeanours in the state of Indiana, then DNA is not taken. He may even have felony convictions in his past, but served time before DNA was kept on record.

I have a strong feeling that this guy is some kind of itinerant worker, who often does jobs "under the table." I keep having this strong gut feeling that he is linked to horses. I looked and found that there are plenty of horse farms in the vicinity of Delphi, so he could be working at and living on one of those. Some of the farms mentioned miles of trail riding, does anyone know if there are horseback riding trails in the vicinity of the crime? If so, this guy could have come in by horseback.

He may look awkward and stiff while walking on the bridge, but he is probably more agile than he looks. Ted Bundy often lured his victims by wearing a fake cast, so this guy probably pretended to be extra, extra cautious on the bridge to make the girls think that he was just an unassuming passerby.

Jmo, the massive billboard campaign etc., strike me as due to having an image of a suspect so quickly in a child murder case, which is very often not true at all. I think they are using the billboards in an Amber Alert kind of way. Not because this crime was more, or less, evil than other child murders.

So after reading, my posts were still inaccurate after actually being there. Apparently we were at the north end of the bridge.

I am however confused by the direction of the sun on Abby and the suspect. I had hoped for sun yesterday but got rain instead. I am soooo sorry to have caused more confusion.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
FWIW, I can't tell north from South from east from West. I'm hopeless and my husband is convinced there's something very wrong with me in this Dept. My internal compass was never developed.

So after reading, my posts were still inaccurate after actually being there. Apparently we were at the north end of the bridge.

I am however confused by the direction of the sun on Abby and the suspect. I had hoped for sun yesterday but got rain instead. I am soooo sorry to have caused more confusion.

It still gives a very current perspective of the area & how difficult it really is to see 40-60 ft into the trees.....whether you are standing at the edge of them or looking from a distance. Anyone wearing any kind of muted colors (such as BG & Abby are shown to be wearing)would easily blend in & very difficult to see........now put them off the trail & forget it. :(

FWIW, I can't tell north from South from east from West. I'm hopeless and my husband is convinced there's something very wrong with me in this Dept. My internal compass was never developed.

FWIW, I'm okay with directions but completely turned around with this case. I think because so many photos are being posted (which are GREAT) but without indication which direction north is. I get dizzy looking at them, not knowing where I am. I always need to know where I am on a map (which my DH finds a bit crazy).

This is a confusing case all around.

jmopinion

I must have missed this?

Total speculation. Yesterday the police force went back to the park and were there a relatively short amount of time. Some of us guessed they went back to grab evidence. I'm not saying they DID grab cigarettes, I was guessing they MAY have, since they seemed to know exactly what they were going for and were in and out awfully quick!

I had thought that LE reported they went missing from the same side they were dropped off at. I could be mistaken ,it has been known to happen.

LE has not released that detail. Any speculation in regards to how the girls traveled from the trail to where they were found is pure speculation on the part of media and sleuthed.

Unfortunately the video and audio might be extremely distressing and they don't want to release it for the families sake. The problem is if there are no developments or new releases of additional suspect information the case is not going to be covered as prominently by the media.
They can remove the audio track easily. As much video as possible would help.

Has anyone looked at if there are any reported men missing in IN? Or states near by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New article: http://wlfi.com/2017/02/24/carroll-co-sheriff-clears-up-misconceptions-on-delphi-double-homicide/

Carroll Co. Sheriff clears up misconceptions on Delphi double homicide

Existance of DNA evidence hasn't been confirmed to public (I think it's pretty obvious they have it though)

Carroll Co. Sheriff is still the lead on the case.

Tip line has moved to FBI HQ in DC. Same # plus they added one.

Edit -- more on the news at 5 and 6 from the sheriff.

Somebody better tell fox 59 that...

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.
That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer. But just how important could is this DNA evidence be?
It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man’s voice saying “down the hill,” and now some kind of DNA sample.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

Right? Another example of speculation becoming fact.

This thread is moving so fast that it's not hard for someone to misunderstand something they have read. I completely understand the rule requiring a link to support the facts in a case. Especially more important in a busy thread.

Lyric and Elizabeth disappeared in July 2012 and were discovered 5 months later. It's been more than 6 months.

Yes....but what I meant was 2/13 is six months from 7/13 in one calendar year....and I can't count. You all have evidence of that now....but still...the 13th of the month...still kind of creepy.

I'm jumping in here to first say hi. Long time lurker, new member (so new I haven't updated my profile but I will be doing that ASAP...I know there are accusations flying around in here). I have been furiously reading these threads as this case hits really close to home for me. I live in Lafayette, IN. I do not know the family but know someone closely related to the family. (trying to be careful with what I say here). I do not assume to know much more than most of you that follow this in these threads, but if there is something I can do to help please send me a shout.

Somebody better tell fox 59 that...

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.- On Thursday, investigators say they had recovered DNA evidence from the Delphi crime scene where two girls, 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German, were found murdered.
That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators. It’s a strong lead, in a case where authorities have been clamoring for any clue about the murderer. But just how important could is this DNA evidence be?
It is now the third piece of evidence investigators have said publicly they have: the grainy suspect photo, that chilling audio of a man’s voice saying “down the hill,” and now some kind of DNA sample.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/23/dna-evidence-recovered-in-delphi-murder-investigation/

Huh !!??.......................I figured extracting and testing for DNA was the top priority on their list since day one.........................maybe I'm missing something in this story.

The sun rises from the east and sets in the west. Not sure in what direction the bridge runs but did notice that in the image of the suspect there was not visible shadow of him, not sure if LE removed when cleaning up the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme