IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is confusing. This would lead me to believe they did not have DNA until yesterday. What could they have possibly gone back for, over a week later?

?????............you've got me. If they haven't had a DNA sample to match up to until yesterday................I think it's pretty obvious why they've struggled to bring in a suspect so far. I assumed they had DNA samples to test against all the people they've been swabbing the last 10 days...................but the word assume starts with *advertiser censored* and ends with me.

We have seen next to nothing in the way of news/billboards in PA, which is surprising because major roads out of here go straight to Indiana. MOO that they are pretty confident he is from/staying in the general area or nearby and neighboring states.

My second day on Websleuths and I like it very much here :)

And I do have a question: Could it be possible the suspect said "Down the hill" because he told the girl there was something he wanted to show them or something he needed help with? The way he says this words are - to me - very laidback, so I thought maybe he wasn´t aggressive at first (but the girls got suspicious anyway).

That's exactly what I think.

I think he was offering to show them something cool - a scenic spot, a unknown-to-general-public place, a good place to take photos, a geocache.

Perhaps Libby was recording because she was a bit spooked or maybe because she was making a video of the adventure.

At the point of "down the hill," it still might have been a "friendly" encounter. I don't think he turn aggressive until at whatever his destination was. THEN, I think he turned into the monster he is.

Just one of my thoughts. jmo. subject to change

I have completely given up on which direction they went over the bridge and which area they were found despite the wonderful map efforts of some members like BobS. Just trying to imagine them being coerced over such a large area of woodsy terrain with a water feature smack in the middle and the time frame estimated for attacks has my head spinning and leaves me feeling that a KEY component is missing or being withheld by authorities. I wish we had exact location of discovery and knew of local unofficial little paths through the woods and private property that locals know for fishing etc. I really think this guy is SUPER familiar with the woods . Probably grew up playing here.

I need to take a break and go catch up on some other cases.

P.S. on one of the other SM sites someone posted a picture of an Indiana packers jacket in blue. I tried to google apparel for this company and have had zero luck. However the jacket in the picture was pretty similar. I can't even remember where I saw it. 😑

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it exists, but I would sure like to see video with perspective on the area that leads to the bridge, someone walking the bridge at a normal pace and shooting just the bridge, then providing perspective when walking off about the area where it ends. I find the long video available on youtube frustrating because it's so tedious and has stops to shoot irrelevant content off to both sides and down terrain with no reference.

Short of the girls jumping or being shoved off the bridge, which of course didn't happen, video of the bridge and its entry and end points, with the perspective referenced above, is the only way (for me anyway) to grasp the perspective and journey of the girls and the perp.

Part of what stumps me is, if Abby was photographed at 2:07 with no suspect in sight (that I can see), and by pick-up time less than an hour later (or around an hour and 23 minutes later if it was closer to 3:30), these children were dead or nearing death, what is the probable timeline (and journey) from all this bridge business and picture taking, then video/audio likely beginning, and them ending up where they were found? I know Bob did some estimation on times, but I have no perspective on how all this likely came together.

There are also two bridges, as I understand it, and both look sometimes long, sometimes shorter, depending on how they're shot. Those side wooden platforms on one imply a time at times that there are many more than 5 of them, and I have no idea which bridge is being referenced.

So far, to me, it's as if the girls and the suspect were transported to the bridge (not really), but perhaps I'm direction and spatially challenged.

Thanks for any help.

?????............you've got me. If they haven't had a DNA sample to match up to until yesterday................I think it's pretty obvious why they've struggled to bring in a suspect so far. I assumed they had DNA samples to test against all the people they've been swabbing the last 10 days...................but the word assume starts with *advertiser censored* and ends with me.

That's an excellent point. If they didn't have DNA prior to yesterday, why in the hell would they ask people to donate their DNA??

Marking my spot. I sure hope I come back tonight to more news.

I can't help but think this perp will be related to other, similar crimes. I really hope not.

I think you're right unfortunately. Most criminals/killers of this kind don't start with double murder, they work their way up. And just his seemingly calm, controlled demeanor on the audio comes off like he's done this before. JMO. Ugh, just awful

No. Down the hill. Just that.

I'm assuming he said more than those three words. And we don't know what else he said.

We don't know where in the process these words come from - could be at the beginning when still a bit friendly, could be in the middle when the girls felt scared, could be at the end.

jmopinion

I just find it hard to believe that the Iowa and Indiana murders are related. In each case the killer has to have extensive knowledge of the area.

I think he was offering to show them something cool - a scenic spot, a unknown-to-general-public place, a good place to take photos, a geocache.

Perhaps Libby was recording because she was a bit spooked or maybe because she was making a video of the adventure.

At the point of "down the hill," it still might have been a "friendly" encounter. I don't think he turn aggressive until at whatever his destination was. THEN, I think he turned into the monster he is.

Just three words, three small words. No background info. I think anything else we may derive from it, our minds are just filling in.

:welcome: Novelist!

Leave the family out, consider becoming a Verified Insider if applicable, easy on the scuttlebutt (rumor), give as much local (geographic, demographic info., etc), That would be GREAT!

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Thank you for the welcome. I am happy to be here and hope that I can add input not just on this case but many others.

I will look into getting verified but I may be in a profession that would get me in trouble. I will check.

I just find it hard to believe that the Iowa and Indiana murders are related. In each case the killer has to have extensive knowledge of the area.

It's possible to know more than one place intimately. And the cases are years apart - could have moved.

I don't discount the possibility, especially after following Hannah Graham's case and watching that unfold.

jmopinion

I don't believe the suspect would have wanted her videoing any adventures.

I really don't think he was interested or in need of time-wasting ruses. I think he's a calculating hunter who had walked and scouted his turf, and he ambushed them and gained control very quickly and the walk to where they died was quickly commenced. I also don't believe that Libby would have fallen for such a lure.

maybe if they have video footage , after reviewing it, they spied that he spit out a piece of gum? They knew about where it would be, found it quickly when they came back? MOO

I'm sure that's a factor but it doesn't seem adequate to explain 6000 billboards in 46 states and 20 FBI agents reporting to the director. But maybe it does.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I think this is a case where this is SO SOLVABLE, it gathers attention. Like Baby Jessica in the well (for everyone who is old enough to remember) that caught the attention of the world. It's just so solvable, get this one baby out of the well before she dies. And that headline was the largest I've seen in the local newspaper ever, beating out JFK's assassination, when she was pulled out. It was so solvable.

Using 6000 billboards seems like a pretty easy effort - they already had the billboards, had the capability of displaying a picture on them, go for it. That's just a resource that's sitting there waiting to be used at virtually no cost as I understand it.

Couple that with the fact you've got a guy out there snatching honor roll children off a bridge and murdering them, that gets the attention of LE.

Well...................I suppose 10 days to get testing done for DNA might be considered "rushed" to the government and it's entities.

I sorta' thought 2 days would be considered "rushed".

Just three words, three small words. No background info. I think anything else we may derive from it, our minds are just filling in.

Of course.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Some "fill ins" work, some don't. As we wait for more details, we try to figure out the "fill ins."

I make no apologies for giving it a try.

jmo

I can't help but think this perp will be related to other, similar crimes. I really hope not.

I hope he is because that means other crimes will be solved and families will get answers, and hopefully, justice. :)

And both cases are near packing plants, that have notoriously high turnover rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
I have a strong feeling he did not have a full-time job, or possibly had no job at all. Could live with his parents, or other relative/friend. Hopefully he lives with someone who will begin to put the pieces together and turn him in.

If if he has no job, he has a lot of time to roam the trails and woods, so could be very familiar with these areas

Thinking about that brown squarish thing below his waist ..... could it be an ammo pack or gun holder. Something from a firmer material, possibly leather, that would keep its shape, not bunch up when moving, Just a new thought I have not seen yet.
An i pad?
speculation.

An i pad?
speculation.

I wonder if he vapes? I know a lot of the mods are large and square. Most of the guys I know that vape keep it in their pants and/or pocket. If he is a vaper, maybe some of the vape shops in the surrounding area would recognize him. I purchase my e-juice online, but I know a lot of people like to visit vape shops.

MOO! (No need to send the cavalry out because I'm speculating he could possibly vape lol.)

Leazenby said the department is expediting the analysis of all physical evidence, fairly common in a case such as this. While Leazenby said he can't speak to specifically what evidence was acquired at the scene, every crime scene has physical evidence.

"There is an old rule in our business that any time there is an exchange involving humans there is take and leave. You take something and you leave something ... whether it's hair shed, skin or even a gum wrapper."

Leazenby said he felt the need to clarify the Fox59 report because "we don't want to have mass confusion."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...riff-clarifies-reports-dna-evidence/98351378/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme