IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic for a moment of levity: I'm reading through tapatalk today, and I'm seeing lots of ads for...jeans :floorlaugh:

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

That happened to me with lingerie. My cousin posted a picture of something she was getting to go with a dress for a wedding. I clicked on Nordstroms and lingerie followed me around for a month before I deleted my cookies. My wife was like WHAT THE H!?
:blushing:

I am just thinking of reasons he would of been in the area. I just keep thinking of someone working on the tractors.

I have a strong feeling he did not have a full-time job, or possibly had no job at all. Could live with his parents, or other relative/friend. Hopefully he lives with someone who will begin to put the pieces together and turn him in.

If if he has no job, he has a lot of time to roam the trails and woods, so could be very familiar with these areas

Thinking about that brown squarish thing below his waist ..... could it be an ammo pack or gun holder. Something from a firmer material, possibly leather, that would keep its shape, not bunch up when moving, Just a new thought I have not seen yet.

Huh !!.......................I figured extracting and testing for DNA was the top priority on their list since day one.........................maybe I'm missing something in this story.

From lucky's link:

now some kind of DNA sample.
“We asked for a fast-track as far as that piece information,” said Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby. "So I can’t go into specifics because of the ongoing [investigation].”

Very confusing.

Now in Md at noon the shadows are to the north directly behind the object that is casting them.

Let me clarify it for you a little bit then............current cop, ex-cop, ex-deputy, ex-military mp, LE official from a different region. I'm not talking about cops turning in other cops on the force. I'm talking about someone in the community that knows an ex-cop that is a dead ringer for the guy in the picture, but would never dream of turning him in because ...........well, simply because of who it is.

Seems like to me that if everybody is a suspect...............then everybody needs to be a suspect............regardless of their standing, past or present.

I think the general public would be very hesitant to call in a tip on an ex-law enforcement employee. But everybody knows that there have been plenty of rouge cops throughout the years that have gone off the reservation for whatever reason. That was the entire point of my post. Reluctance on the part of the public due to who they suspect it may be.

Thank you for clarifying. I misunderstood what you were saying. I agree that is always a possibility. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to even suspect someone close to you.

Good news. And now, what we also know, is they can tell his racial/ethnic heritage, and the closest matches to his DNA profile who have signed up with Ancestry.com. So it's a fairly safe bet you can get a clustering of distant family members, to see where his family is from. If they were to submit the DNA profile to Ancestry.com.

No, Ancestry.com, 23andMe and the other private DNA typing sites do not give out their data to LE. They have privacy clauses and it's illegal to do so. LE can only look for matches in the DNA that has been collected from felons, and in some states they can look for familial relationships with felons (I don't know what current Indiana law is about that).

p.s. I'll add that LE can also compare DNA with that of people who have voluntarily submitted samples during an investigation. Again, they cannot get data from private DNA typing companies.

Marking my spot. I sure hope I come back tonight to more news.

I can't help but think this perp will be related to other, similar crimes. I really hope not.

I'm jumping in here to first say hi. Long time lurker, new member (so new I haven't updated my profile but I will be doing that ASAP...I know there are accusations flying around in here). I have been furiously reading these threads as this case hits really close to home for me. I live in Lafayette, IN. I do not know the family but know someone closely related to the family. (trying to be careful with what I say here). I do not assume to know much more than most of you that follow this in these threads, but if there is something I can do to help please send me a shout.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Huh !!??.......................I figured extracting and testing for DNA was the top priority on their list since day one.........................maybe I'm missing something in this story.

It is confusing. This would lead me to believe they did not have DNA until yesterday. What could they have possibly gone back for, over a week later?

I'm jumping in here to first say hi. Long time lurker, new member (so new I haven't updated my profile but I will be doing that ASAP...I know there are accusations flying around in here). I have been furiously reading these threads as this case hits really close to home for me. I live in Lafayette, IN. I do not know the family but know someone closely related to the family. (trying to be careful with what I say here). I do not assume to know much more than most of you that follow this in these threads, but if there is something I can do to help please send me a shout.

:welcome: Novelist!

Leave the family out, consider becoming a Verified Insider if applicable, easy on the scuttlebutt (rumor), give as much local (geographic, demographic info., etc), That would be GREAT!

VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

I'm sure that's a factor but it doesn't seem adequate to explain 6000 billboards in 46 states and 20 FBI agents reporting to the director. But maybe it does.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Agreed.

I get the sense this man has killed in other states.

Reading about this case introduced me to two other horrible crimes against children. I learned of the April Tinsley case as well as the Amy Mihaljevic case. The cases are hours apart but, at least with the Amy Mihaljevic case, the crimes are possibly linked to someone who was a nature enthusiast. Terrible thought, but any chance these crimes could be linked?

I'm sadly more confident about this case being solved than Amy's nobody is going to recognise that green curtain shown at the recent press conference after all this time.

It's difficult to know how far back this monster's crime could go without knowing his age.

Huh !!??.......................I figured extracting and testing for DNA was the top priority on their list since day one.........................maybe I'm missing something in this story.

I think they found (new) DNA yesterday.
Maybe a cig butt. And I'm sure that is put on asap rush rush rush.....
Not sure he left dna with the girls but if he did I'm sure that was top priority rush too.

That happened to me with lingerie. My cousin posted a picture of something she was getting to go with a dress for a wedding. I clicked on Nordstroms and lingerie followed me around for a month before I deleted my cookies. My wife was like WHAT THE H!?
:blushing:

Uh huh.

My second day on Websleuths and I like it very much here :)

And I do have a question: Could it be possible the suspect said "Down the hill" because he told the girl there was something he wanted to show them or something he needed help with? The way he says this words are - to me - very laidback, so I thought maybe he wasn´t aggressive at first (but the girls got suspicious anyway).

It is confusing. This would lead me to believe they did not have DNA until yesterday. What could they have possibly gone back for, over a week later?

Someone speculated cigarette butts?

Our suspect may be linked to one other case. Maybe even a high profile case.

Obviously once you put a DNA profile into CODIS.........and then you get a match from another case.......then those cases are linked.

If our suspect was linked by DNA to several prior cases......then it would seem to me that law enforcement would have made this suspect a high priority long before this case.

Ex. Law enforcement has 3 or 4 matches from one DNA profile. Obviously they know they have a serial offender on their hands. Obviously they would make finding that offender a very high priority.

My second day on Websleuths and I like it very much here :)

And I do have a question: Could it be possible the suspect said "Down the hill" because he told the girl there was something he wanted to show them or something he needed help with? The way he says this words are - to me - very laidback, so I thought maybe he wasn´t aggressive at first (but the girls got suspicious anyway).

No. Down the hill. Just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member