IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We asked Riley if police plan to release more audio or video from German’s cellphone to help the public identify the man in that recording. Riley said not at this time.

Since many students are off for spring break and the weather is getting warmer, Riley said people should go out and enjoy the trails. He just suggests being smart about it.

Riley said don’t go to the trails in pairs. Instead, go with larger groups of people, bring a cellphone if you can and look out for anyone suspicious.

http://wishtv.com/2017/03/27/after-...unsolved-murders-in-delphi-theres-still-hope/

Although the large satellite truck is gone from the headquarters – its leaving made some people cry, courthouse workers said – there are still at least five FBI agents working the case locally, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said March 27.

“If we need to bring more back in, they’re just a matter of a phone call away,” he added.

“There were fears or concerns that the case was going cold, but that is not the case,” Leazenby said emphatically. “The case is not going cold. Let’s face it, just because we had this, crimes didn’t stop in the other jurisdictions.”

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_5459225a-135c-11e7-b495-631c33246512.html

There are lots of useful reference links at the beginning of this (and every) thread, but I found this to be on of the most handy:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...delphi-indiana

It has a link to an active google map, and scrolling down below that, about 30 minutes of aerial footage taken the day of the search. If you are having trouble visualizing the lay of the land, or the scale and distances of this case, this one link can be very handy.

Open Google maps to Delphi, Indiana.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...!4d-86.6750059

LEO Tony Slocum's radio interview on WBAT on March 23, 2017, one week ago.

http://www.wbat.com/episode/tony-slocum/

Here are a few quotes that I thought were notable:

“They (Abby and Libby) probably did have a chance to separate and stayed together for whatever reason...”

“I wasn't there, yeah, I think the love those two girls apparantly had for each other is probably why they stayed together and unfortunately it caused their death. I don't know the situation...I don't know if there was multiple people there because we still don't know.”

“...we released a voice and we released a photograph but we're not saying they're the same person because quite frankly we don't know.”

When asked if he (Slocum and other LEO's) tries to draw a profile of who they are ultimately going to get. “Do you (Slocum) have an image in your mind of what this guy's going to be when you finally announce it?”

LEO Slocum: “...But the image I have is that photo, that's what I keep coming back to and trying to figure out what that face looks like and people say "hey why don't you enhance the photo?" well we have, its a photo, a still image that we've created...from Liberty's phone, it's a video so we made a picture out of it, that's why it's blurry.”

“...so, that's the image I have in my head and other investigators because you don't to get caught up in what does a criminal look like, you know we think it's that person (in the photo) or at least, at the very least, that person, that photo has participated, so we try to stick with that, and if the facts change, then they change, and we'll move on from there.”

Regarding Social Media:

“But it's a dangerous game and I know the public on social media and other sites have been naming suspects and that's a dangerous game
because we haven't named a suspect other than that person in the picture but they're putting a photograph of their neighbor next to the picture
saying hey this is him and that's dangerous and that's just not fair to anyone. So I ask people to be responsible on the social media sites."

"The extreme attention this case has received has created more social media postings and things like that. At three separate occasions we've either served a search warrant or we just went to talk to someone, whether they were a witness or not and the public just overreacted, saying that we had arrested someone and it gets to the point where now the media is saying is this true and on three separate occasions I had to send out repeated text messages from myself, saying no, no, no, please quit jumping to conclusions, we'llmake an announcement if we do arrest. We're not hiding anything."

"...we have people assigned to monitor social media.”

Do you worry, that whoever this suspect is, that they just happened tobe there that day and they are now long gone and they're a wanderer
and they just literally fade into nothingness?

LEO Slocum: “Yeah I do worry about that, I mean because we haven't made that arrest yet. As a police officer do I believe that's likely? I know the statistics very often that's not the case. I can't sit here and say it's not, that's why this is a nationwide case where the FBI utilized electronic billboards throughout the United States, I believe it was 46 states, trying to get information about this murder. We understand, because of the closeness, the trail is right, I mean less than a mile off State Road 25, the new Stae Road 25, soit's quite possible someone get on, get off and this has happened.”

Regarding the suspect being a trucker or been given a ride by a trucker:

"It could be so I mean I don't want to speculate because that's not fair to anybody. We're going to go where the evidence leads us and we're working at it. I'm one hundred percent, in my mind, positive that we're going to make an arrest sooner rather than later.... I understand there's cases out there that haven't been solved throughout the United States but we're doing our best to make this not one of those cases."

“This is a very complex case..."

FWIW

DELPHI, Ind. — After the deaths of two teenagers, Delphi is hosting a self-defense class geared toward women as young as 10 years old.

The three-hour course, offered by Chicago, Illinois-based One Light Self-Defense, will begin at 8:45 a.m. April 23 at the Wabash & Erie Canal Interpretive Center, 1030 N. Washington St. in Delphi.

"Female participants will learn proactive measures to avoid becoming victims, as well as practicing basic strikes," Dan McCain, president of the Wabash & Erie Canal Association, said in a written news release.

Following the workshop, McCain will lead a one-hour trail walk around Wabash & Erie Canal Park.

Women can register for the event at www.carrollcountychamber.com or by emailing Joanne Germond at libbyandabbytwo@gmail.com.

Proceeds will benefit the trail safety task force, which plans to establish trail markers and cameras thanks to contributions from individual and corporate donors.

The event comes after a similar self-defense program, called radKIDS, was hosted several times in March.

Instructor Marcus Slifer told the Journal & Courier on March 11 that people who feel threatened should look their attacker in the eye and yell for help.

"Most attackers … are looking for the timid," Slifer said. "They’re looking for an easy target.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2017/03/31/delphi-host-self-defense-class-women/99863998/

[video=twitter;848989496599339008]https://twitter.com/RussMcQuaidNews/status/848989496599339008[/video]

Russ McQuaid‏
Verified account
@RussMcQuaidNews 13m
13 minutes ago

#delphi property owner Ron Logan admits violating OWI probation by driving to Carroll co dump on day unrelated to murders of two girls

[video=twitter;848994562546819074]https://twitter.com/RussMcQuaidNews/status/848994562546819074[/video]

Russ McQuaid‏Verified account @RussMcQuaidNews 2m2 minutes ago

#delphi property owner Ron Logan faces driving sentencing for road trip to dump day girls murdered but not suspect

Court docs: Property owner visited dump on day of Delphi killings

During a court hearing Monday, the property owner pleaded guilty to the probation violation and a new felony charge of being a habitual traffic violator.

As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped, according to deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean.

Bean would not comment on the nature of the latter two charges. He declined to disclose what time the man visited the transfer station.

He will be sentenced 11 a.m. Monday and could face up to 4½ years in prison. His attorney, Andrew Achey, was not immediately available for comment.

A week after his arrest, police searched the property owner's home, outbuildings, automobiles and land as part of the ongoing investigation into Delphi's high-profile double homicide.

The search was the first time investigators had gathered evidence from inside his home. Previously, police had scoured the woods near Deer Creek where the girls' bodies were found.

As of Monday, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said detectives are "still waiting" on that evidence to be processed. He stressed that the property owner has not been labelled a suspect.

The Journal & Courier is not naming the man because has not been arrested or charged in connection to the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams, who first were reported missing Feb. 13 after hiking near Deer Creek east of Delphi.

During a court hearing Monday, the property owner pleaded guilty to the probation violation and a new felony charge of being a habitual traffic violator.

As part of a plea agreement, charges of false informing and obstruction of justice were dropped, according to deputy prosecutor Jerry Bean.

Bean would not comment on the nature of the latter two charges. He declined to disclose what time the man visited the transfer station.

He will be sentenced 11 a.m. Monday and could face up to 4½ years in prison. His attorney, Andrew Achey, was not immediately available for comment.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/.../99976688/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

04/03/2017
Hearing Journal Entry
The State of Indiana appears by Jerry Bean, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney. The defendant appears in person and by Andrew Achey, attorney. The defendant is in the custody of the Sheriff of Carroll County. The defendant by counsel waives the formal reading of his right to counsel and of his constitutional and statutory rights, the charges against him, and the possible penalties. The State of Indiana and the defendant file a written Report of Negotiation. The defendant is advised of the effect of the plea agreement. The Defendant, pursuant to the written plea agreement, pleads guilty to the following charge(s): Count I, Operating a Vehicle as an Habitual Traffic Violator, a Level 6 Felony. The court finds that the defendant understands the nature of the charge(s) against him to which he has pled guilty, that he understands the possible sentences and fine, that his plea of guilty was freely and voluntarily made, that the plea is accurate, and that there is a factual basis for the plea of guilty. The court takes acceptance of the plea agreement under advisement and sets this matter for sentencing, subject to acceptance of the plea and plea agreement on April 10, 2017 at 11:00 am, at which time the defendant is ordered to appear. The Probation Department is ordered to prepare an updated presentence report. The Court sets bond for the above captioned cause in the sum of $5000 with 10% cash bond allowed. The defendant is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff of Carroll County. C:State,Probation,CCSD,Achey,RJO4/3/17
Judicial Officer:
Fouts, Kurtis
Present:
State of Indiana
Present:
Logan, Ronald E
Present:
Achey, Andrew A.
Hearing Date:
04/03/2017

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...HRTVORE15TnpFek1EUXdPalV4T1RNMk1qY3lZbUU9In19

Owner of Delphi murder site admits to driving to county dump on day of teens’ killings

“We allege that he violated those conditions of his probation by drinking, by having access to his vehicle which he wasn’t supposed to have and by driving while he’s adjudicated as a habitual traffic violator,” said Deputy Prosecutor Jerry Beam after Logan accepted a guilty plea. “There would have been evidence and/or testimony about his driving to the transfer station and also to the fact that he consumed alcoholic beverages at the Americus Pizza King.”

Logan remains held without bond and returns for sentencing next Monday

He faces up to four-and-a-half years in prison.

Logan admitted to breaking those terms by drinking alcohol at a Pizza King in Americus, having access to his vehicle across the street from his house, and driving to the Carroll County Transfer Station on Feb. 13.

By pleading guilty to the charge, Logan will not face additional charges of false informing and obstruction of justice. When asked if the two dropped charges were related to the Delphi double homicide investigation, Bean said he couldn’t comment.

http://wane.com/2017/04/03/owner-of-delphi-property-where-teen-girls-found-dead-visited-dump/

The 77-year-old will stay in prison until he is sentenced later this month.

According to the Lafayette Journal & Courier, court documents say Logan visited a dump on February 13, the same day that Libby German and Abby Williams went missing while hiking. Their bodies were found the next day on Logan's property.

He does not face any charges related to the girls' deaths.

Police are still looking to identify the man captured in a cell phone picture taken by Libby, and heard in a video saying the words "down the hill."

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/De...ads-guilty-on-unrelated-charge-418108623.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ME-