Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Now if mom was involved and the case made it to court with me on the jury. I would seriously consider not guilty due to temporary insanity that accumulated for 19 years. Jmo.

Still, with resources including long term care/group homes available, as a mother, I can't understand why some of these parents who do harm to their disabled children (not necessarily this case but in general) instead of asking for the help that's available. Is it the social stigma of "pawning off" your child? I just find it mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still, with resources including long term care/group homes available, as a mother, I can't understand why some of these parents who do harm to their disabled children (not necessarily this case but in general) instead of asking for the help that's available. Is it the social stigma of "pawning off" your child? I just find it mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. And I'm sure she has tried every Avenue of possibilities.

Just like mercy killings. There are other options. But some decide that they will no longer go there.

But I wouldn't actually look at it as Andrea Yates that killed all of her children. Jmo

[h=1]Mother Of Special Needs Teen Has Message For Abductor: ‘How Dare You?’[/h]

Bbm
this just screams LIAR to me! (In regards specifically to the quoted text formatted using bold, italics, & underline formatting).

More @ Link: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_579b9603e4b08a8e8b5df1b8

Statement Analysis Folks would have a *field* day with the mother's words. Not using her daughter's name, "why would you do "this"?" (making it something close to her), "dead weight"...Sheesh. She knows exactly what happened to Aleah. Moo.

This whole article is fishy to me. Why would she refuse to talk to local media, yet be so forthcoming with the huffington post? Why would the police suddenly release who was in the home, the doors were unlocked and no signs of a break in to them when they have refused to comment on it up to this point.

The way she talks about Aleah is a little concerning too. I can't put my finger on what it is though.

Then she said this:
“I only share that with the FBI and detectives,” she said. “I get a lot of negativity because of that, but I cannot discuss this case like a soap opera. [The people who complain about that] have not been here for the 19 years that I had her. They’ve not been here for all the stuff that I been through with her like struggling to find daycare [and] struggling to find jobs that I have to leave because of her seizures. Nobody was there for me then. I’m obviously grateful for everyone helping now, but I’m talking about the people who are being negative. There’s some people that are ignorant about everything.” Which just puts up one red flag after another. Things just get weirder and weirder.

Her language is disturbing, imho, because she almost always puts herself first. "Why would you hurt ME, my child...." And then she lists out not facts about Aleah, or things she loves, but how much SHE has struggled. what SHE has had to endure. No one was there for HER.

She speaks in a disturbingly self-centered way, for a parent of a missing child.

Statement Analysis Folks would have a *field* day with the mother's words. Not using her daughter's name, "why would you do "this"?" (making it something close to her), "dead weight"...Sheesh. She knows exactly what happened to Aleah. Moo.

Well come on. She has raised her infantile daughter for 19 years.

So she obviously is talking like a professional that knows with no time to talk in simpler words for people who don't know what it's like.

Jmo.

If the statement analysis isn't experienced with what moms has been through for the past 19 years of raising a infantile adult with constant seizures.

Then I wouldn't trust a statement analysis or a prosecutor for nothing. Jmo.

Especially when I heard that Aleah still says "baba" at 19 years old. When she is thirsty.

Geez. I haven't heard my kids say baba since they were 2 years old or something. Jmo.

So I do sympathize with mom for now and professional outsiders like statement analysis people cant change my mind with their text book analysis. Jmo

But I do understand your view point as well. Much love.

Maybe if they were looking for a crime that may have happened rather than birds they would have better luck.

National Search Crew Leaving, Aleah Still Missing

The search efforts to find Aleah are entering week three — on Saturday — a body was found near Pigeon Creek but it was not the missing teen. The Vanderburgh County Coroner has identified the body as 49 year old Larry Thomas of Harrisburg, Illinois. Fowl play is not suspected in the case.

http://44news.wevv.com/national-search-crew-leaving-aleah-still-missing/

I wonder if a new boyfriend was in the picture and that changed the family dynamics? Sadly, it happens too often when a bf is chosen over a child.

I am sure this mom is getting her share of criticism from her community and is lashing out at them. I feel very sorry for the whole family as well as Aleah.

"for the 19 years that I had her" - mom is speaking about her in a way that suggests she knows her daughter is dead. This is clear as day...

"for the 19 years that I had her" - mom is speaking about her in a way that suggests she knows her daughter is dead. This is clear as day...

Sadly, I think it's a reasonable assumption that she's deceased by now. I'm sure the mother realizes this, even if she has done nothing to cause her daughter harm.

Texas Equusearch teams have now called off their efforts and will not be searching again unless they are needed http://bit.ly/2aav79V
Does anyone know why they would do this or is it standard procedure. I just thought this was strange. I did read that turnout was not as good as expected for the search especially on Sunday.

Texas Equusearch does not bring a huge crew to do searches, but they do help with letting the public know how to perform searches. They depend on volunteers from the area to come forward ...... perhaps the very small turnout made it too difficult for them to give helpful advice or resources just cannot be wasted on the lack of cooperation..?

From http://www.wave3.com/story/32583602...-off-efforts-to-find-missing-evansville-woman
italics are direct quotes, otherwise this is paraphrased:

"David Rader, director of the Ohio Chapter, told 14 News they threw in every resource they could."
Saturday: paragliders were looking for Aleah. Also use of Kayaks and ATVs.
"Rader's strategy involved starting from the place Beckerle was last seen and searching isolated areas."

On Sunday the number of volunteers were down.

Rader says there isn't much direction in the investigation.
Per Rader, " his goal is to teach people how to effectively search so others can continue to look for Beckerle when they leave."
"What I'm afraid of is that once we leave town, this is going to go by the wayside, and that's the way it always does, usually at the two-week point," Rader said.
Rader said he and his team will meet with the police chief and lead detective to re-evaluate their efforts.

Texas Equusearch teams have now called off their efforts and will not be searching again unless they are needed http://bit.ly/2aav79V
Does anyone know why they would do this or is it standard procedure. I just thought this was strange. I did read that turnout was not as good as expected for the search especially on Sunday.

This is purely speculative, based in the impression I've gotten from what has been reported. It seems to me that EPD has been particularly supportive and appreciative of all the efforts put forth by TES; I think that there has been a great deal of cooperation between the two parties, which isn't always the case in missing persons cases. Perhaps LE has shared information with TES personnel (or at least its leaders) certain pieces of information they have discovered so far (but have not shared with the general public), and that is what has led to TES' decision to discontinue their involvement, at least for the time being.

I have not read this whole thread, but TES only searches when they have some evidence of where to look or what might have happened. I would suspect TES has discontinued their search until some more viable leads arise. They save their resources for the clues that can help lead them down the best road to follow. At least that is how I understand them to work.

http://www.texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

HOW LONG WILL WE SEARCH
Naturally we want to find the missing person quickly and safely. But the are many elements that will determine the length of time before a search is suspended or cancelled. The missing person’s mobility, the environment where they disappeared, severity of their illness, age, the missing person’s background & history, access to public transportation, circumstances surrounding the disappearance and many other factors are used to determine the length of time that we will actively search for a missing person. We will continue to search for a missing person — as long as we have a reasonable expectation, or a good reason to believe that the missing person would be found during a continued search of that specific area. We will also continue searching wherever specific information may lead us – within reason, and if the information is plausible, and has a significant likelihood of the missing person being found there. However, just because a person disappears from an certain area, doesn’t mean they will stay in that area … or be found anywhere near where they disappeared. Many missing person’s families criticize investigators for various reasons. Many families claim that investigators aren’t moving fast enough, or doing enough to find their missing loved one. But the investigators constantly use their training, technology and investigative skills to successfully track & locate several thousands of missing persons each year.

BBM

Her language is disturbing, imho, because she almost always puts herself first. "Why would you hurt ME, my child...." And then she lists out not facts about Aleah, or things she loves, but how much SHE has struggled. what SHE has had to endure. No one was there for HER.

She speaks in a disturbingly self-centered way, for a parent of a missing child.

Agreed. I imagine it must be so frustrating for detectives who probably know what really happened, but the evidence isn't there yet. I pray for truth to be revealed very soon. Where are you, Aleah?

MOO

I don't believe Aleah was kidnapped. I don't believe she succumbed as a result of an accident. If she died as a result of a seizure they would have reported it. No reason not to since she has a medical history of it.

NEGLECT screams at me. It's worse than out and out murder and so much harder to explain away.

I was pondering the situation, and was thinking that if her medications had been withheld, it could cause a fatal seizure, which would of course be considered natural causes for her. But lab tests would reveal if there was a therapeutic level of the medication in her system, so perhaps that's why she went "missing" without her medications. If she'd been abducted then of course her medication levels would drop and cause a fatal seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89