Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if cadaver dogs have been used in Aleah's home or vehicles of those living in the home?

I've been following this case since it started. I've tried to have an open mind to all of the possibilities of what could have happened to this poor girl. One thing that has been nagging at me is the Rottweiler. Being someone that was raised up with rotties I know from personal experience through having two of them they are extremely protective of their family. This protective nature usually is only towards their family. Even someone that lives outside of the home that visits will frequently can cause them to react if they thought they were going to cause harm. Someone they don't know entering the home would cause a rottweiler to go in complete protection mode.
I also find it interesting that the mothers phone has been requested. I did notice it said closed. I looked up what a closed case meant. "Closed" to refer to Decided or Disposed Cases. https://www.doxpop.com/prod/in/cour...icCaseId=&regionId=560&advanced_search=Search

I've been following this case since it started. I've tried to have an open mind to all of the possibilities of what could have happened to this poor girl. One thing that has been nagging at me is the Rottweiler. Being someone that was raised up with rotties I know from personal experience through having two of them they are extremely protective of their family. This protective nature usually is only towards their family. Even someone that lives outside of the home that visits will frequently can cause them to react if they thought they were going to cause harm. Someone they don't know entering the home would cause a rottweiler to go in complete protection mode.
I also find it interesting that the mothers phone has been requested. I did notice it said closed. I looked up what a closed case meant. "Closed" to refer to Decided or Disposed Cases. https://www.doxpop.com/prod/in/cour...icCaseId=&regionId=560&advanced_search=Search

Anyone have a doxpop account? :thinking:

Anyone have a doxpop account? :thinking:

I have a free one for a month I just signed up for... Looks like a new search warrant was issued yesterday as well and they downloaded the contents of the mothers cell phone. This is getting interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a free one for a month I just signed up for... Looks like a new search warrant was issued yesterday as well and they downloaded the contents of the mothers cell phone. This is getting interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any more information available with the case?

Nevermind, I'll just sign up and look myself.

Is there any more information available with the case?

Nevermind, I'll just sign up and look myself.

Signed up for a free one-month also, and kind of got sick to my stomach ... :( ...: Money has been known to make people do strange things ....

I wonder if cadaver dogs have been used in Aleah's home or vehicles of those living in the home?

Once again, purely speculative, but ...: I think that they have, and this is exactly the type of information LE is keeping close to the vest. I think that they have a pretty good idea as to what happened, based on circumstantial and/or forensic evidence they have already discovered, and they are kind of in a waiting mode right now because Aleah has not been found. They may, however, move forward with the case, at a later time, even without Aleah being found (e.g., the Delano Wilson case).

I also find it interesting that the mothers phone has been requested. I did notice it said closed. I looked up what a closed case meant. "Closed" to refer to Decided or Disposed Cases. https://www.doxpop.com/prod/in/cour...ublicCaseId=®ionId=560&advanced_search=Search
Welcome mommaanb79! Thanks for the input.
:wagon::wagon::wagon:

Agree. Now if mom was involved and the case made it to court with me on the jury. I would seriously consider not guilty due to temporary insanity that accumulated for 19 years. Jmo.

That's far too close to victim blaming for my tastes.

It was hardly Aleah's fault that she needed round-the-clock care, and if someone/the caretaker/the murderer needed more support, then that person needed to ask for it. If that person felt completely overwhelmed, then it was her/his responsibility to pick up the phone and dial 911 before she/he abused/neglected Aleah to death. Disabled people do not ask to be disabled. It is not an easy existence, depending on someone else for one's care. In the case of disabled children, they don't even ask to be brought into this world. Letting caretakers off for "temporary insanity" just tells disabled people that they're burdens and that their lives are worth less than everyone else's.

That's a horrific message.

imo

Agree. And I'm sure she has tried every Avenue of possibilities.

Just like mercy killings. There are other options. But some decide that they will no longer go there.

But I wouldn't actually look at it as Andrea Yates that killed all of her children. Jmo

The difference is that Andrea Yates was legitimately mentally ill. She was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis.

She wasn't just sick of taking care of her kids.

I had heard that if the family is collecting benefits on Aleah, I'm assuming they are, that they would still get august check if she was reported missing AFTER July 15th. Not sure if it's any significance but she went missing 7/16 to 7/17. Interesting! Or....atleast she was REPORTED missing 7/17. I think she's been missing longer than that. That's just m.o.o.

I suspect the same. I suspect at least since the 15th.

moo

I suspect the same. I suspect at least since the 15th.

moo

Yeah, I tend to agree. Someone else posted earlier in this thread questioning the motive for reporting this to the police and the media since it would put the family under massive scrutiny. My theory is that someone outside the immediate family noticed she was not there and when questioned, the family decided to fabricate this abduction story. Details have changed over time (some details even by a lot) so I highly doubt that it was actually an abduction.

I was leaning towards the case of an overwhelming caretaker (which I wouldn't be OK with because -as many have already pointed out- there are resources available), but after discovering certain information this morning, I'm not so sure anymore: I hope that it is OK to post this since it is on public record, but a judgement was entered against the mom for approximately $2,500 on April 13th of this year (plaintiff in the case was a consumer lending company). In early May, the plaintiff began its effort to collect the debt through garnishment; however, on May 25th, her -former- employer advised the court the mom had been terminated on April 28th.

Then I remembered her comment in the Huff Post article: "[The people who complain about that] have not been here for the 19 years that I had her. They’ve not been here for all the stuff that I been through with her like struggling to find daycare [and] struggling to find jobs that I have to leave because of her seizures."

This isn't good ... not at all :(.

I don't know the exact process, or how placement is determined, but I have had many severely disabled persons admitted to various nursing homes I have worked in. The younger persons were usually at home being cared for by family before being of age and qualifying for benefits independent of their family's income. Aleah should have been old enough that she could become a dependent of the state, if her family no longer wanted to care for her at home. But, then the money disappears to basically nothing. There were options if this turns out like many suspect, to have her cared for outside the home by others. It may have not been immediate, but if someone was feeling overwhelmed by caring for her, it would have been a light at the end of a 19 year tunnel.

I'm becoming suspicious of the date of disappearance. Just sayin...

Real Life and a few other threads here have kept me from putting as much time into Aleah as I would like. I have a few questions I do not recall seeing the answers to. Can anyone help? Thanks!

1: Have we ever seen a picture of Aleah with her pixie haircut that she had when she disappeared?

2: Exactly who outside of the immediate family was the last person to see Aleah?

3: Who reported Alrah as missing?

Real Life and a few other threads here have kept me from putting as much time into Aleah as I would like. I have a few questions I do not recall seeing the answers to. Can anyone help? Thanks!

1: Have we ever seen a picture of Aleah with her pixie haircut that she had when she disappeared?

2: Exactly who outside of the immediate family was the last person to see Aleah?

2., especially!!!

Nope

This has not been stated publicly by anyone, to my knowledge. I wish reporters would get out there and ask the neighbors when they last saw Aleah. I'm sure detectives have asked but that information has not been released.

No idea. It was not on the EPD activity record for that day or the next day but I would assume a missing person report would be a much larger file and may not be on the activity report. You can sometimes find the records on city-countyobserver.com or on the EPD website but those days have both been removed from their system, unfortunately. City-county observer used to rehost the files but I'm guessing they were told to stop OR they put too much strain on their server (PDF downloads use up a ton of bandwidth).

It makes me very frustrated hearing Aleah referred to by family as a "baby". She is not a dang baby. Aleah is a young woman.
Totally irrellevant if some of her needs are similar to a baby. She is NOT a baby. She is NOT a doll. She is a young woman with the same rights and privileges as any United Stated citizen. She is legally an adult. She is a young adult woman with disabilities.
She deserves the dignity of being referred appropriately.

In my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member