Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone with some legal experience can chime in here. I've always understood warrants to only be required if the person or parties refused to give up access to their property willingly or if the person or parties were unable to be contacted and a search was needed immediately.

If this were my child missing, LE would have full access to my phone, pc, laptop, attic, closet, dresser and anything else they wanted to look at.

I can't answer the legal question but I'm betting that the mom has some incriminating information on her phone that is completely unrelated to Aleah's disappearance.

I can't answer the legal question but I'm betting that the mom has some incriminating information on her phone that is completely unrelated to Aleah's disappearance.

Well, that would certainly give someone cause to not be so eager to give up their phone, if that's the case.

Definitely not a lawyer but I thought that by having a warrant it would ensure any information that was discovered would be eligible for use in court if need be, again not a lawyer. Not sure if they can track cell signals from back when she disappeared far to techy for me to understand.

Maybe someone with some legal experience can chime in here. I've always understood warrants to only be required if the person or parties refused to give up access to their property willingly or if the person or parties were unable to be contacted and a search was needed immediately.

If this were my child missing, LE would have full access to my phone, pc, laptop, attic, closet, dresser and anything else they wanted to look at.
IANAL, but if I understand correctly, first, even if the subject voluntarily allows access, LE will sometimes still get a warrant to make sure there's no question of admissibility should the evidence be needed in court. Second, some phone data is on the carrier's servers, not on the actual phone, and phone companies a lot of times require a warrant before releasing the data (even if they have customer consent] .

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Patiently waiting on an arrest "not related to the abduction". That seems to be part of the playbook for these kinds of cases.

Actually, the EVSC will bus a student to any school in the city if they meet certain requirements. When I was in elementary school, I lived downtown but was bused to West Terrace Elementary which is about 8 miles from where I lived. The children next door went to a school that was about a mile from our houses. Not sure why my parents requested that but that's what they did.

Also, I do believe I saw that comment (or perhaps a different one) this morning and I think it was from a Harrison student. My nephew went to Harrison, I will ask if Aleah went to school with him and whether he has yearbooks I can look at.

Oh, that's right - it's been too long since I've been in the EVSC. :)

If this were my child missing, LE would have full access to my phone, pc, laptop, attic, closet, dresser and anything else they wanted to look at
SABBM

Agreed.
Smdh.
Even if they look through the house, search the mother's phone, etc. --seems like it's too little, too late. Why was this not done earlier ?

Also troublesome that it was mentioned aleah was often seen sitting outside on the front porch , but as of late she hadn't been seen at all outside ?
And it appears no one can say who (outside of family) saw her last !
:moo:

If a person gives LE permission to search or seize property they can always turn around later and say that permission was not given or was given under duress or that the permission did not extend as far as LE searched and then there are a ton of objections to the admissibility of any such evidence at trial. A SW eliminates this argument.

No phone service company would adopt a policy which would allow the release of information of a customer's account without a court order as it would expose them to lawsuits.

Looks like 14 News is doing an interview with the mom tonight, they had a teaser for it and they're going to show where the family sleeps and Aleah's room.

Short preview here: http://www.14news.com/clip/12639793/missing-girls-mother-speaks-exclusively-with-14-news

They also shared a longer video on Facebook with some discussion with 2 of their anchors: https://www.facebook.com/14news/posts/10154399333269730

Quoting myself here to point out that the longer video from Facebook has been removed. I wonder what that means... I'm seriously about to start downloading everything new that comes out because it seems like a lot of stuff has been changed or removed over time.

Also troublesome that it was mentioned aleah was often seen sitting outside on the front porch , but as of late she hadn't been seen at all outside ?
And it appears no one can say who (outside of family) saw her last !
:moo:

I have been hesitant to say this, but I've been wondering if maybe there was a pregnancy that could no longer be hidden. It would be rape as she is unable to give consent.

I have been hesitant to say this, but I've been wondering if maybe there was a pregnancy that could no longer be hidden. It would be rape as she is unable to give consent.

I have considered this as well. How far along does a very thin person like Aleah need to be before they would show?

Second trimester. 3 or 4 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:notgood: That goes along with the timeline of a rumor I've read. I really hope that on top of the crappy life that Aleah had that she was not raped too.

Oh my gosh!!! That never occurred to me but now that you've said it... Wow. Just wow.

MOO

I wonder if that's why she hadn't been seen sitting outside like she had been previously? I mean other than the obvious consideration that she's been missing longer than has been reported. IMO

I wonder if that's why she hadn't been seen sitting outside like she had been previously? I mean other than the obvious consideration that she's been missing longer than has been reported. IMO

Could be both.

But it's been very hot in this part of the country especially during the time leading up to her being reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member