Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So happy to see this :D I think the world of Tim Miller & TES, as I know many others here do as well.

Texas EquuSearch will be looking for Aleah Sunday morning starting at 9 at the intersection of E Iowa Street and Garvin Street. Volunteers are encouraged to join. Volunteers must be 18 or older and bring a photo ID. They are encouraged to wear long pants and boots.

Poor soul, she really has been dealt a bad hand in life and I believe she is no longer alive. I do not believe that anyone kidnapped her from her bed, I think she was already deceased and her body was removed and disposed of somewhere. I believe that her caregiver was simply overwhelmed with frustration and lashed out. It is horrible but understandable, especially since the home is likely a dysfunctional and volatile one and the caregiver under a great deal of stress.

I did a bit of research about caregivers a few years ago and statistics were that over 60% of full time caregivers will die before their family member/patient due to illnesses caused from stress, exhaustion, depression and neglecting their own health. It is a 24/7/365 job with no end or respite in sight for so many people. There is not a lot of help out there and the help that is available is expensive, especially for full time caregivers who can not possibly hold a job and care for the family member/patient.

It would not surprise me to learn that the burden became too much and in a moment of despair, the young lady was killed.

I won't call it understandable at all, and I can sympathize with almost anybody no matter what they've done under the right circumstances.

The problem isn't Aleah, nor is it any of the hundreds of disabled people murdered by those they put their trust into. Disabled people are not burdens, nor are crimes against them that violate the sacrosanct trust and love between carers and carees ever justified or understandable. The social acceptance of these murders simply contributes to terrible attitudes towards disabled people, the most vulnerable of all groups on this planet today.

I understand caring for a severely disabled person is stressful, and I understand society isn't set up to accomodate the disabled (as someone with milder but very noticeable disabilities since birth, I'm all too aware of that). The answer to those problems is not murdering someone and justifying it because they were a 'burden'.

(...also, how many of those 60% of caregivers were adults caring for their children? That statistic loses a lot of its punch once you consider that the majority of parents in the Western world will die before their children will.)

Not sure if related, but saw it on cmoments on some FB posts about Aleah. A body was found in a river on KY. Didnt her mom say about searching in Henderson KY? Thats 2 hours away from where they found body. http://m.wave3.com/wave/db_336805/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gH4jp1Lz

I don't think it's very likely that the body in the Green River is Aleah's. That river does feed off the Ohio River in the Henderson area but it twists and turns a lot before it gets to the point that this body was found. I'm attaching a map that highlights the river down to the approximate location of where the body was found. It seems very unlikely to me that it's Aleah.

river map.JPG

It's possible that whoever took Aleah drove closer to the location but that's a ~2 hour drive which doesn't seem likely to me. There are plenty of closer locations that would be easier to hide a body. If anyone else was around when Kristy Kelly was missing, we were discussing the possibility of her being in stripper pits. This is the same general area, there are lots of stripper pits within a 20-30 minute drive.

Oh my word, the sister ( I'm guessing) who is commenting on that article needs to be stopped. Kids do not need social media and this is a prime example.

I hope she is found. :(

Agree, some of her fb is annoying....isn't she like 13 y/o? I have nieces that age and their fb's are annoying too....but, God forgive me, they aren't monitored by a parent at all so what do I expect?

Ok...this is interesting...someone posted on the Bring Aleah Home page that they may have info and what should they do? Many people replied that she should contact LE. One family member responded that she should contact so and so, a family member. I just checked back on that post and all comments were deleted. I just tried to comment and my comment will not go through....I keep getting a 'failed' notification next to my comment. Wth is THAT??

Ok, I was able comment on another post on that page asking why comments are being deleted. I understand deleting comments that are flat out accusatory but some simply saying to someone "call LE!" Gets deleted? Hmmm

* more info: after being brutally verbally attacked by a psycho on the page (I don't believe it was family)....I realized that the one particular post I commented on was the only thing I was blocked on. I posted a general comment to the page asking why I was blocked. That comment had to be approved by admins. It was approved and showed up on their page. That opened up dialogue with the aunt, who really sounds like a wonderful person. She did say the comments were deleted and blocked for that particular post. I'm wondering if it's because LE has all the info they need? Which would mean what??? They have info on Aleah's whereabouts? Lord this is just sad.

Ok...this is interesting...someone posted on the Bring Aleah Home page that they may have info and what should they do? Many people replied that she should contact LE. One family member responded that she should contact so and so, a family member. I just checked back on that post and all comments were deleted. I just tried to comment and my comment will not go through....I keep getting a 'failed' notification next to my comment. Wth is THAT??

I think they deleted that post so that people would not be messaging the person to ask what the info was and also to protect that person in case the person who took Aleah is reading the group page.

Sorry if this has been posted already. I'm trying to catch up. I have an awful feeling about what the outcome very well could be
[h=1]Police: Someone with ‘courage’ needs to come forward in Beckerle case[/h]
This is not the only time that Beckerle, who was reported missing by her mother on Sunday, has been in a potentially dangerous situation recently.
An arrest affidavit from less than a month ago shows that Beckerle was nearly struck by a bullet while she was sitting inside her East Iowa Street home on June 16. In that incident, police believe DeMarco W. Roach, 40 — who is identified as the boyfriend of Beckerle's mother — fired a handgun several times inside the residence because he was hallucinating and believed he was being chased by two men who were trying to kill him.
Roach later reportedly told investigators that he was having a schizophrenic episode and was also under the influence of Adderall and Xanax at the time of the incident. Police wrote in the arrest affidavit that investigators believe Roach fired the gun three times upstairs in the Beckerle home and twice downstairs. One of those shots struck a door frame that was "a short distance away from" Aleah Beckerle, police wrote.
Roach has remained in jail since the alleged incident. He faces charges of illegal gun possession and three counts of criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon.
Investigators have talked to both Cara Beckerle and Roach about Aleah's Beckerle's reported disappearance, as well as multiple other people, police confirmed Friday. In the affidavit about the June arrest, investigators noted that there was an active protective order against Roach for Beckerle's mother, Cara Beckerle. However, Cara Beckerle told police that Roach had been living back at the Iowa Street residence for a few days prior to the gun incident.

Roach was also arrested in March after an alleged fight between he and Cara Beckerle at the Iowa Street home. According to the affidavit in that March 16 case, Cara Beckerle told investigators that Roach grabbed her by her hair and shoved her during an argument. He is also accused of breaking the dining room table and throwing a brick through a window, according to the affidavit. Police say there were children in the home at the time of the incident, but the affidavit does not specify if Aleah Beckerle was one of them. Court records indicate Roach ultimately pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence in that case.

More @ Link: http://www.courierpress.com/news/cr...a-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html?d=mobile

I'm sorry for the late response but I had that "gray box" for days and couldn't post.

My point probably really doesn't matter now but I wanted to say that simply missing one dose of medication can increase/start seizures in some people, depending on meds and seizure control.

Sadly, Aleah is so far beyond missing just one dose. Poor girl.

Interesting question. In theory, it's possible. In practice, her mother doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would let her. I have to confess that the second I saw her picture I immediately went "yet another filicide", so I might be projecting things onto Cara, but the general wording of her statements makes it sound like she was one of the more restrictive 'special needs parents'. The bit that sticks out to me is how Aleah is always described as a child -- 19 is young, but it's an adult, and even an adult with a severe cognitive disability has meaningfully evolved and changed over the course of their life. Parents who talk about their disabled adult children as if they're still very young children, in my experience, generally don't understand their child's actual potential.

So no, I think it's unlikely she had much personal freedom, but there's always that one in a million chance.

From what I have read, Aleah's cognitive abilities are somewhere in the 6-12 month range. I doubt that she would be a capable of getting on line or communicating in order to even meet someone. My 10 year old is strikingly similar to Aleah and she is simply not able to engage in that way.

The mum has mentioned about her being in Henderson, does she give any reason for this? Just a guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en