Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EPD has said that they will not comment on whether or not the house showed signs of forced entry. I can't remember which article I saw that in.
They keep referring to Demarco Roach (the man in jail) as her father, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that he is her biological father. All 3 children have different last names, the only one that is the same as him is the youngest. There was a video of an interview of him and he was acting sad, but I didn't buy it, he seemed like he was really forcing the emotion. That's just my opinion

Here is the link to the article where EPD said they wouldn't comment on forced entry. http://m.14news.com/14news/db_345625/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=O3PIvsSt

That question has been asked by many people, but no one has answered it.

Are we allowed to discuss posts in the Facebook group?

I believe the rule is if a group administrator posts it, it's okay to discuss but I may be wrong about that.

If it is from the sheriff's page or a moderated FB, we can discuss it, but no screenshots. We cannot discuss what comes from general public or a non -moderated FB. Aleah's page is not allowed (not sure who is in charge, but it seems to be family and/or friends). We usually can't quote from comments on the pages, so be careful.

Perhaps a mod will come along and remind us what is allowed, or another member may know better how to explain what is/is not allowed from FB.

Dockins is absolutely correct, but just to clarify a bit further: As of now, LE has not named any suspects or POIs, so Aleah's family members (and everybody else for that matter) are not allowed to be sleuthed. If and when they do however, then anything you may or may not have sleuthed 'behind the scenes' will be allowed :)

It's got to come for MSM or LE directly related to the case, or the official missing page from admins I think. We cannot discuss FB comments from individuals, and it seems that's where the interesting stuff usually is. Siblings and other family or friends FB pages are off limits. At least this is how I understand the rules. Sometimes, they make changes based on circumstances, but we are usually safe to stay with MSM and LE sources.

Re FB /social media posts, these two previous posts may help clarify what we can post.

I hope this helps to clarify things, but if it doesn't or you have a specific question, let me know and I'll be happy to clarify further.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

That Facebook group is an absolute joke. I don't know how they imagine that's helpful. They block anyone who has a halfway decent suggestion

I hope this helps to clarify things, but if it doesn't or you have a specific question, let me know and I'll be happy to clarify further.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Thank you! That helps. :)

I ran a facility for adults with disabilities for 16 years- community homes, independent living and day programming. I have seen a couple of people mention it, but even adults with disabilities who live at home with their families generally have some sort of services. Especially with her age- she would be right around the age where she would age out of the children's services and into adult services. It would be important to know if they have services, when did they see her last? Also, if they do not have services, when did they stop? Were there any warning signs or issues when she was younger and at minimum receiving services through school?

Care for an adult with a severe disability is very difficult. It is why there are so many services available. It is much easier with rotating staff who actually get paid. Abuse and neglect are common, or at least the potential is. There is an entire division in Louisiana that deal with abuse and neglect of adults with disabilities. I had a special person and a special fax number to contact for that one single issue. I also had my favorite guy who would come and arrest anyone who abused one of my people. Right in front of my other staff. I had zero tolerance, and neither did he, thankfully!

That being said, with no outside help, she would have been in a very susceptible position. If she was no longer in school (and it is summer, after all) or receiving in-home services, then someone easily could have "lost it" on her. I hope she is found soon and I hope she isn't suffering. Her life has already been difficult enough.

The answer to this young lady's whereabouts lies with her mother who was asleep in the same room as she.

I have not stopped thinking about this girl since I first heard of her disappearance.. I have tried to maintain being positive but feel something horrible happened and by someone she was really close too. I am praying this case gets solved soon.

My apologies for referencing one of my own previous posts; I just wanted to point out that with regard to whether or not Aleah had/has some sort of services, The Evansville Courier has reported the following:

"Citing state law, a spokesman for the Indiana Family and Social Services Administratioon said he could not comment on whether Adult Protective Services has been involved with Aleah Beckerle."

Source: http://www.courierpress.com/news/cr...a-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html?d=mobile

ETA: At this point, I feel strongly that LE has a very good idea as to what happened, but want to locate Aleah first, for prosecutory purposes. Thus they are keeping information (e.g., when and by whom Aleah was last seen by someone outside of immediate family) close to the vest.

I have not stopped thinking about this girl since I first heard of her disappearance.. I have tried to maintain being positive but feel something horrible happened and by someone she was really close too. I am praying this case gets solved soon.

I feel the same. I think this case really hits home for me because Aleah reminds me of my husband's step-sister. So vulnerable and dependent on family. To think that someone hurt her or worse is just so disheartening.

Someone mentioned stripper pits there Is alot of them in the state according to a friend said. Also she said it was an inside job within the family and the grandma and or a family friend. My friend works very closely with SARS and they have looked everywhere for Aleah and nothing is coming up with Aleah anywhere, but they haven't checked the stripper pits yet and has no plans to check Henderson County Kentucky. Aleah is here and she is no longer living as because of her constant medicine for seizures X2 day and severe medical care. Aleah has been missing 10 days. I can't give yall the information but it's ongoing the race to find aleah alive is mid to none.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Some interesting comments from Facebook EvansvilleWatch page. Not sure how to link.

My apologies for referencing one of my own previous posts; I just wanted to point out that with regard to whether or not Aleah had/has some sort of services, The Evansville Courier has reported the following:

"Citing state law, a spokesman for the Indiana Family and Social Services Administratioon said he could not comment on whether Adult Protective Services has been involved with Aleah Beckerle."

Source: http://www.courierpress.com/news/cr...a-77ed-e053-0100007fb-387969662.html?d=mobile

ETA: At this point, I feel strongly that LE has a very good idea as to what happened, but want to locate Aleah first, for prosecutory purposes. Thus they are keeping information (e.g., when and by whom Aleah was last seen by someone outside of immediate family) close to the vest.

BBM: Adult Protective Services (APS) is not a service provider for the disabled- they are an investigatory agency which examines cases of neglect and abuse (like CPS only for adults). Any services she may have gotten would be through the Medicaid waiver program and/ or SSI / CICOA. Just wanted to clear that up.

Since her wheelchair was left behind... any signs of blood or decomp on it ? Seems like it could be possible evidence.
MOO

BBM: Adult Protective Services (APS) is not a service provider for the disabled- they are an investigatory agency which examines cases of neglect and abuse (like CPS only for adults). Any services she may have gotten would be through the Medicaid waiver program and/ or SSI / CICOA. Just wanted to clear that up.

Exactly. That is the division I was saying that was solely dedicated to abuse and neglect of adults with disabilities. You can bet if they were not involved before, they certainly are now! Adults with Disabilities have additional rights than the rest of us do. When something happens, all hands are on deck and plenty of people are involved. I hope whomever is responsible for her disappearance is harshly dealt with. To harm those who cannot defend themselves is the lowest of the low.

There was a search scheduled for today ... only two people were there :banghead: (Bring Aleah Home, FB)
TexasEquuSearch is requesting volunteers .... will anyone show up for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod