Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People searching for Aleah would not have ignored a 'hospital-like" bedsheet or any bedsheet had they found one, so there is no harm in the delay of this bit of info.

What is a 'hospital-like' bedsheet anyway? I mean other than being ridiculously scratchy, every hospital sheet I have had the displeasure of using was just a sheet.

The fact that a sheet is missing tells me that Aleah was wrapped in it before she was removed from the house and it became her shroud in burial. It tells me she wasn't dumped like trash but rather buried by, or on behalf of, someone who loved her. Mom said she could just throw her over her shoulder, she was so light. Chilling.

Wow, certainly been a while!

I am local to the area and I believe the family is involved.

jmo

People searching for Aleah would not have ignored a 'hospital-like" bedsheet or any bedsheet had they found one, so there is no harm in the delay of this bit of info.

What is a 'hospital-like' bedsheet anyway? I mean other than being ridiculously scratchy, every hospital sheet I have had the displeasure of using was just a sheet.

The fact that a sheet is missing tells me that Aleah was wrapped in it before she was removed from the house and it became her shroud in burial. It tells me she wasn't dumped like trash but rather buried by, or on behalf of, someone who loved her. Mom said she could just throw her over her shoulder, she was so light. Chilling.

Every hospital bed I've ever seen is slightly narrower than a twin bed so I'm assuming they mean a sheet that would fit that type of mattress. Some of those sheets also have a thick sort of rubber/plastic liner attached underneath the top layer of fabric so it might mean something like that as well. It is rather curious we're just now hearing about this, after 2+ weeks of her being missing.

I'm going to assume that because they are looking for a hospital like bed sheet that she slept in a hospital like bed.
I would think because of her disability's she slept in a hospital like bed, bed rails and can be remotely raised and lowered.
If this is the case bed rails are raised while she is sleeping. Would someone come in lower the rails to get her out of bed, take the sheet, sling her over their shoulder and walk out the door while Mom is 15 feet away from her and Mom doesn't hear a thing? LE has to be on to this.

Every hospital bed I've ever seen is slightly narrower than a twin bed so I'm assuming they mean a sheet that would fit that type of mattress. Some of those sheets also have a thick sort of rubber/plastic liner attached underneath the top layer of fabric so it might mean something like that as well. It is rather curious we're just now hearing about this, after 2+ weeks of her being missing.

I thought immediately that perhaps they mean a sheet with a liner/padding as well; in other words, the type of sheet that would be found in a household in which a family member requires hospital-type care.

It is interesting to me that this piece of information was reported for the very first time in two weeks just hours after the publication of the Huff Post article, in which Aleah's mom, in my opinion, sounds extremely defensive, as well as -frankly- disturbing (I'm sorry, but the "[The people who complain about that] have not been here for the 19 years that I had her. They’ve not been here for all the stuff that I been through with her like struggling to find daycare [and] struggling to find jobs that I have to leave because of her seizures" bit was downright chilling to me: "... for the 19 years that I had her"? Seriously?) Another piece of information that came out for the first time yesterday, via the Huff Post article, was that the mother and younger sisters were the only ones home the night Aleah disappeared, and that the doors had been left unlocked, which the artticle quotes Detective Melton of EPD as stating. It may be purely coincidental that all of this information came out on the same day, but what I am led to believe is that this is kind of LE's way of communicating to the perp(s), "We already know this much (and most likely much more, IMO). We know what happened, and we are coming to get you. Worried that we are going after the wrong person(s)? Then come see us and tell us what happened." I think this type of strategy may at least compel someone to say, "There was an accident. We were afraid we would get into trouble," and reveal Aleah's location. From there LE can take over, and depending on what kind of shape Aleah is in :( ... they can determine what truly happened. For this purpose, too (grrr ... I hate that I'm even having to say that), Aleah needs to be found as soon as possible. Please let today be the day!!

I'm going to assume that because they are looking for a hospital like bed sheet that she slept in a hospital like bed.
I would think because of her disability's she slept in a hospital like bed, bed rails and can be remotely raised and lowered.
If this is the case bed rails are raised while she is sleeping. Would someone come in lower the rails to get her out of bed, take the sheet, sling her over their shoulder and walk out the door while Mom is 15 feet away from her and Mom doesn't hear a thing? LE has to be on to this.

I don't believe she slept in a hospital bed. I strongly believe that the room in the background of the image they're using for the posters (this one) is her room and that bed is NOT a twin or a hospital bed. It's at least a full if not a queen size bed.

I wonder how old that photo is?? It just seems odd that there is no sheet/ bedding on the bed in the photo and now they are looking for a sheet. Probably doesn't mean a thing, just thought it was odd.

I wonder how old that photo is?? It just seems odd that there is no sheet/ bedding on the bed in the photo and now they are looking for a sheet. Probably doesn't mean a thing, just thought it was odd.

I think it's relatively old (or at least not very recent) because the articles all say she has a pixie style haircut. That does not look like a pixie to me. Pixie haircuts are usually far too short to be put up in any type of ponytail and it looks like her hair is put up in buns which requires even more hair.

I noticed that too and thought it odd there was no bedding on it as well.

MOO

I don't believe Aleah was kidnapped. I don't believe she succumbed as a result of an accident. If she died as a result of a seizure they would have reported it. No reason not to since she has a medical history of it.

NEGLECT screams at me. It's worse than out and out murder and so much harder to explain away.

Maybe some one felt bad that she had to live that way and ended her life. But mom still may feel obligated to protect whomever. Idk.

MOO

I don't believe Aleah was kidnapped. I don't believe she succumbed as a result of an accident. If she died as a result of a seizure they would have reported it. No reason not to since she has a medical history of it.

NEGLECT screams at me. It's worse than out and out murder and so much harder to explain away.
I see someone for whatever reason losing their patience caring for her.
jmho

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I see someone for whatever reason losing their patience caring for her.
jmho

Agree. Now if mom was involved and the case made it to court with me on the jury. I would seriously consider not guilty due to temporary insanity that accumulated for 19 years. Jmo.

I can see a little of all the above, neglect and lose of patience after 19 years, as well as a person taking her thinking it would help mom (not thinking of the consequences).

Didn't Aleah sleep on the first floor while mom and the sisters slept on the second floor? Was there a monitor in mom's room?

Agree. Now if mom was involved and the case made it to court with me on the jury. I would seriously consider not guilty due to temporary insanity that accumulated for 19 years. Jmo.
Oh I can imagine. I had a very active adhd son. I do hope if Mom was involved(not saying she is) that she will talk and not continue with the searching for her.

I told yall earlier I worked with this population for many years. In my community homes, I was very worried about how to evacuate several people who use wheelchairs to ambulate if a fire happens in the overnight hours. After tons of consulting, the solution was for our staff to pull the person off their bed in their sheet and drag them out to the yard. We had a real specific way of doing it, but the use of the sheet for dragging was absolutely the first thing I thought of. None of this is good.

Some how I missed that Aleah has a pixie hair cut. So this picture that is shown looks nothing like her currently, I would assume.

The bed we see in the background may have been the one she used at that point in time, whenever the picture was taken. The bed may have been changed to a hospital bed or twin bed since then.

Could the person(s) who took her just have taken the fitted ends off the mattress, gathered the ends together, and carried her out curled up in the middle of the sheet? In changing a crib or twin mattress, I just pile everything in the middle no take it to the laundry room this way. This would be a good way of getting her out of the house unseen and if she made any noises they would be muffled in the sheet.

I can see a little of all the above, neglect and lose of patience after 19 years, as well as a person taking her thinking it would help mom (not thinking of the consequences).

Didn't Aleah sleep on the first floor while mom and the sisters slept on the second floor? Was there a monitor in mom's room?

Media reported, maybe an interview with grandma(?) that mom was asleep anywhere from 6'-15' from Aleah the night of her disappearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members