Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a couple days behind on the thread and catching up, but I saw someone mention a possibly inordinate amount of electronic devices being removed when the warrant was served and it made me think about the devices my family has currently in our house. Me, hubby and our five kids.
1 working desktop
maybe some that don't work, not sure
3 working laptops
at least 4 non working laptops
6 working iPads
1 broken iPad
2 iPhones in use
3 retired iPhones
At least 5 or 6 digital cameras of various age and quality
Unknown number of usb thumb drives and SD/XD cards

ETA I forgot about the Xboxes, they're like a Microsoft PC hard drive in a gaming device and I think we have 3 altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a comparison to your list, here's what my husband and I have as very tech-centric millennials:

• 2 working desktops
  • 2 working laptops
  • 2 broken laptops
  • wii u gaming system
  • 2 kindle tablets
  • 2 smartphones in use
  • 3 smartphones not in use
  • 1 old school cell phone
  • 2 digital cameras
  • a large number of USB drives and SD cards
  • 2 external hard drives

Okay, so I can see how they could have a large number of devices, at the time it just looked very odd. I think it was the number of bags I saw in the short clip. It looked like one officer was carrying 3 brown bags of stuff. Now obviously I can't tell what was in the bags or even how full they were so it's possible that each bag only had a few things in it. Also, the reporter stated that they were coming and going from the house for around 3 hours. For all I know, they only took out bags duing the time in that short clip I saw. There's really no way to tell unless I call up the reporter or the police and ask, lol.

Now, for a legal question, if the police were there to carry out a search warrant on electronic devices and they saw other incriminating/questionable things, could they take those things as well?

Now, for a legal question, if the police were there to carry out a search warrant on electronic devices and they saw other incriminating/questionable things, could they take those things as well?

Snipped for focus

There are some limited exceptions, but as a general rule, no, they can only seize items listed in the warrant.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

They would have to apply for a new or amended warrant if they saw other items that would appear to be related to the case before the items could be removed, correct?

They would have to apply for a new or amended warrant if they saw other items that would appear to be related to the case before the items could be removed, correct?

I believe so. I'm pretty sure they would have someone write up the new warrant asap and get it over to a judge to review and sign and would prob leave an officer at the home to make sure whatever it is they are trying to get a warrant for isn't tampered with or anything.

jessarox' timeline was awesome (so thank you for that) and contains the links for the reason I'm thinking Roach is not actually Aleah's bio dad. Aleah has mom's last name and the younger sisters have Roach's last name. I know these days that doesn't really mean much but there's a reason her last name is not Roach. That said, I do think the "ex" that mom doesn't want to talk about (but that we all oddly know about anyway) is probably the bio dad - in Henderson. Not that I think he has anything to do with Aleah's disappearance in any way, but seems to be an easy scapegoat.

Not even sure any of that matters in the long run, but maybe it does?

As for poor Aleah, I strongly suspect this was a case of neglect (possibly, maybe even probably unintentional - as in too much responsibility for a single person to manage given her own medical/health conditions), she was removed from the home, a story was created, and some folks are having a hard time sticking to it because (insert whatever reasons here). I do think there are some (or at least one) family members that genuinely don't know what happened to her.

I could be totally wrong of course, but this is the vibe I've been getting since the first interview with mom.

Mom does seem guilty, but the only reason I think it may not be the family, is these people are obviously exceptionally stupid. None of them can keep a job, stay sober, or stay out of jail. I can't imagine that they would be able to make an entire person disappear without being caught almost immediately. Unless the Evansville Police Department is just incompetent. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mom does seem guilty, but the only reason I think it may not be the family, is these people are obviously exceptionally stupid. None of them can keep a job, stay sober, or stay out of jail. I can't imagine that they would be able to make an entire person disappear without being caught almost immediately. Unless the Evansville Police Department is just incompetent. ;)

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That video upthread of the man with the injuries is confusing to me. The headline is that a woman was arrested for beating a confession out of a man, but he is saying that he was told by someone that the young lady was taken from the house at 2:30am, and taken in a silver car across the bridge to Henderson and Marty beat him up to keep him from telling what he knew.

What is going on here and who is Marty?

That video upthread of the man with the injuries is confusing to me. The headline is that a woman was arrested for beating a confession out of a man, but he is saying that he was told by someone that the young lady was taken from the house at 2:30am, and taken in a silver car across the bridge to Henderson and Marty beat him up to keep him from telling what he knew.

That was the story the people who beat him up told him to tell LE.

That was the story the people who beat him up told him to tell LE.

I think there's a LOT more to that video that we have not seen and they were likely trying out different stories to see which one was more "believable."

Well, when all your family and friends adopt a "don't snitch" policy, it might be a little easier, unfortunately. SOMEONE in that family knows what happened and I'm betting it's more than 1 someone. I think EPD knows who did this, they just don't have the proof yet to put someone away. I'm hoping they turn up lots of evidence in the electronic devices they seized.

Well, when all your family and friends adopt a "don't snitch" policy, it might be a little easier, unfortunately. SOMEONE in that family knows what happened and I'm betting it's more than 1 someone. I think EPD knows who did this, they just don't have the proof yet to put someone away. I'm hoping they turn up lots of evidence in the electronic devices they seized.

Or perhaps they want to find Aleah before charging? Maybe hoping someone will lead them to her body? It's hard to imagine she's still alive after all this time without meds.

Or perhaps they want to find Aleah before charging? Maybe hoping someone will lead them to her body? It's hard to imagine she's still alive after all this time without meds.

My guess is she was not alive for quite some time when they reported her missing.

Only semi-related but a teenager fell into Pigeon Creek yesterday and his body was found today using sonar (source). I had suspected that Aleah's body may be in Pigeon Creek given its proximity to home but given the search efforts and the use of sonar, it doesn't look like that's the case.

I'm sorry but i can't believe this sweet girl hasn't been found...where is this poor girl?!?!?!?!?

aaab2764ca0275240f11d97d9cfaee13.png

Sweet girl - I'm holding out hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads