Recovered/Located IN - Alexis Morales (Dec'd) & son Messiah Morales (Safe)5 mo, driving home, South Bend, 12 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
278475582_287006486952919_2722583109657446025_n.jpg

Elkhart Co. mom, 5-month-old son missing from South Bend | wthr.com

SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Police in Elkhart County are searching for a missing woman and her infant son.

The Elkhart County Sheriff's Office posted photos of Alexis and Messiah Morales to Facebook Wednesday night, seeking help from the public in finding them.

Police said Alexis was seen around 7 p.m. on Tuesday, April 12 leaving Howard Park in South Bend. She was with Messiah, her 5-month-old son, getting into her silver 2006 BMW X5 SUV.

She reportedly told friends she was going back to her home in New Paris, Indiana, about 35 miles southeast of South Bend.

According to police, Alexis Morales was wearing a black shirt, black Ugg shoes, black leggings with flowers and a black Nike jacket. Her son was wearing a baby blue jacket with matching sweatpants, a blue sweater and gray with yellow socks. He also uses a Mickey Mouse blanket with his car seat.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Alexis and Messiah Morales is urged to contact the Elkhart County Sheriff's Office at 574-533-4151.

SOUTH BEND, Ind., --- Family and friends came together Thursday afternoon to search for a missing Elkhart County woman and her baby who were last seen in South Bend on Tuesday.

Friends of 27-year-old Alexis Morales told ABC57 Morales and her five-month-old baby were last seen leaving a gathering at Kelly Park in South Bend in her silver BMW SUV Tuesday evening around 7 pm.

Police previously said it was Howard Park, but her friends said they were all together at Kelly Park on Howard Street.

More at Search underway for missing Elkhart County woman and baby

Dad talks to ABC - Video at link.

Search underway for missing Elkhart County woman and baby

We just, we need help man. Come out here and help us search for my my son and my my my sons mother," said Thadius Lofton, Alexis' Fiancé/Father of Missing Baby.

A heartbroken father pleads to the community for help Thursday after both his fiancé and son go missing.

The pair were last seen leaving a friendly gathering in a silver BMW SUV Tuesday evening at Kelly Park around 7 pm.

Nobody’s heard from them. Nobody can contact them, her phone is off. Can’t find her truck or nowhere. Someone did say that last time they seen their truck was on Portage in South Bend, Indiana," said Lofton.

Friends and family have been searching tirelessly since the pair’s disappearance - knocking on doors, handing out flyers, and even contacting several tow companies — but still no sign of Alexis or Messiah.

We shut down the factory and we had everybody come up that was able to. This is a great family. These are good folks and you know it’s times like this we need to come together and do whatever we can to bring this young woman and that baby home," said Tom Ducheteau, an employer of Alexis' family and owner of Adventure Engineering.

As the search continues the family worries whether the two are in danger -- and whether they're still in the area.

For those who (like me) can't view FB, someone (initials LH) has posted a copy of a 13 April post (assuming the same one) in the comments of the Elkhart County Sheriff FB -- it is public, so all of us can see it.

Elkhart County Sheriff's Office
I saw that on her FB about an hour ago and yet it's no longer there! There was also posts about taking Messiah to the park that day (Tues.). All gone/content unavailable.

ETA: Sorry ignore above. When I refreshed it came back up :oops:.

Last edited:
She would have to cross the ST. Joseph River- but in an urban area and the bridges are main thoroughfares and have sufficient guardrails. The only other water to cross are a couple of creeks. It rained some in the overnight hours- but temps well above freezing. My first thought when a vehicle is also missing is water. Praying this is not the case.

Sad. My first thought is the father, but I say that having NO reason whatsoever to suspect that here. I’m sure as others know that’s sadly just how things usually end up. She has a new baby, maybe she had some stuff going on personally and decided she needed time away from everyone. A little stupid not to let at least someone know, but a stressed out new mom isn’t always capable of making decisions rationally.

Although, her FB makes it look as tho she’s a flawless mother and it is obvious she’s in love with her baby and can’t get enough of him. Social media is always hiding something, but on the surface she looks beautiful and incredibly happy. It’s so nice seeing moms with their babies who are so clearly enjoying each minute of their time together. I hope she was feeling a little selfish, and had to cut off from everyone but herself and her baby. I’ll just keep holding onto hope that’s it.

She's gorgeous and that is one adorable bebe.

My first thought is a motor vehicle accident.

I didn't take her FB to be much more than a lot of talking, she seemed to have a lot of posts in the same vein.

I didn't get a hinky vibe from her fiance, I got the impression he was completely freaked out and scared for them.

I could be totally off base on all of that, though, only my thoughts.

I'm worried about that big river not far from the park. So often when somebody goes missing with their car, they've gone into the water somewhere...hopefully it's not the case this time and she's just taking some time to herself.

They've been missing 5 days now.

Video with article at link.

Search continues for missing Elkhart woman and her five month old baby
From your link.

Alexis and Messiah have been missing since Tuesday evening, making four days without any word from her. Which family and friends say is out of her character.

She texts us twenty four hours a day. That’s all day, every day," says one of Alexis' best friends, Raven McKinstry. "As soon as her and baby Messiah get up and she gets him dressed, it’s a thousand pictures of them. And it’s been four days and it’s been nothing, like, it’s strange.”
You can come home, man. You know that we all love you and we want you to return," says brother of Alexis, Christopher James Jr. "You know, we worry about you.”

Man, I want my son, man," says Messiah's father, Thadius Loftin. "I’m concerned bro, I don’t know how to think, you know what I’m saying. I can’t eat man, I need my son.”

Not only is everyone concerned for the pair's safety, but they are frustrated with what they say is a lack of attention from law enforcement.

I feel like they’re not doing anything," says Sandra Piggie, Alexis' mother. "They keep coming to me and keep saying that they can’t track her phone; there’s no cameras in the area that they think she could’ve been.”

We tried asking if they could put an Amber Alert on my son, and they said, 'well the son’s with the mother, so we assume that it’s okay,'" says Loftin.
I need you all to help me search," Loftin says. "It’s a big city, I can’t walk alone. I need help, I need help. I’ve been out here for four days, trying to help, trying to find her, driving up and down.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back