Recovered/Located IN - Alexis Morales (Dec'd) & son Messiah Morales (Safe)5 mo, driving home, South Bend, 12 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alexis Morales was found dead on the west side of South Bend, according to SBPD
[snips]
People in the area say they spotted the vehicle as early as last Thursday but didn’t know it’s connection.

“My husbands the one that noticed it. He asked me Thursday night after coming from a game he said you know have you seen, did you see the BMW in the back, and I said no I didn’t. He was like oh, it’s just sitting there I don’t know who’s it is," said a neighbor.

They tell ABC57 they can’t help but feel guilty for not reaching out to police sooner.

missing-SUV-225x300.jpg

Good to hear Messiah is stable. I hope he gets to go home soon. Investigators must have strong evidence to give Chief Ruszkowski the impression there are multiple people who know what happened to Alexis. I hope they make arrests immediately after tomorrow's autopsy. MOO

South Bend mother's death treated as homicide
SBBM

Apr 21, 2022

• Messiah Morales is still at the hospital as of Thursday morning. Police say he is “stable” and with family.
  • Meanwhile, SBPD’s Violent Crimes Unit is in the process of interviewing witnesses. “Somebody knows,” said Chief Ruszkowski. “Absolutely 100%. Somebody knows. Matter of fact I would bet my life that more than one person knows what happened.
#more at link including timeline

There is no way in hell a 5 month old baby could survive for a week in a parked car, there must be some unaccounted for time or that is the toughest baby I ever heard of and I'd like to shake his little hand.

Conventional wisdom says that you can't live for more than 3 days without water. Source: How long can you live without water? Facts and effects (medicalnewstoday.com)
I hope the child is going to be OK. Was the vehicle parked there for the entire week? It does seem miraculous. RIP Alexis and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery to Messiah.
yea i think the car had to have been placed later than her disappearance date. residents of the area said they notices it tuesday, but shed been missing since the previous thursday right?

I hope I have this timeline right. What strikes me as being kind of odd is the vehicle sat in that driveway from at least Thursday night until LE came for it. Did no one bother to take a look inside it? Maybe she had fallen down in the seat and the vehicle looked empty?

Tues, April 12 Alexis was seen around 7 p.m. on
Wed., April 13 Missing persons issued by Elkhart PD
Thur, April 14 Neighbors saw SUV behind their house
Mon., April 18 South Bend LE became involved, Silver alert declared
Tues, April 19 Neighbors notified LE, Found vehicle at 6 pm

Did someone maybe find the body and baby earlier and spend several days trying to decide if they should and could try to keep it from going back to what they might have assumed was a dangerous domestic situation?

Police did not have any update on Messiah’s condition, but officials say they are working with the Department of Child Services.
Alexis’s death was ruled a homicide though police are not specifying her cause of death. Police have yet to name any suspects.
The previous article also states:
The autopsy shows Morales suffered from a gunshot wound, according to South Bend Police.
It's still unclear if that was the official cause of death as police wait for the final Coroner's report.

Cause of death was a gunshot wound.
That literally doesn't answer anything. Location of the wound? Was a gun recovered? I suppose that a (single) gunshot wound is slightly suggestive of suicide but only slightly and only if you take the phrasing as accurate. I'm surprised more people aren't pressing for answers

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back