IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as the mom being sick. I think from the article posted by peeples the cousin suggested mom was having emotional issues. Sometimes people drown themself in drugs or alcohol after a death. Maybe she has a mental condition and it's a huge setback in treatment/stability. She hasn't been coping well. Sorry if this has been discussed already, just started reading here.

Sepponen says the family hasn't been coping very well and her cousin, Tara, also Aliahna’s mother, has been very ill.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...ng-for-Missing-9-Year-Old-Girl-136207958.html

The Journal Gazette article said she had a fever for about week. :waitasec:

snip
Her mother had been sick with a fever for about the past week, so Aliahna and her sisters, 6 and 8, had been staying at the home of a family friend who lives in the same mobile home park, Fries said.

http://journalgazette.net/article/20111225/LOCAL07/312259953

This whole situation stinks! Okay, I'm not blaming the mom in anyway but I don't get why this guy had her children. She was sick? With what? I get a day or two but I've read where it's been a week or several days (depending on source). I have been battling breast cancer for 4 yrs now, stage IV breast cancer now. I am on chemo daily, I have under gone rounds of horrible chemo, surgeries and radiation and not once during any of this did anyone else keep my kids or take care of them. I'm not putting this out there for a pat on the back. I just don't understand what in the world is this man doing with these little girls for that long.

I don't think she ran away. It's Christmas, at that age Christmas is a huge deal to kids. Plus, she would have to be hiding at someones home and who is willing to hide her this long.

I hate to say this because I like to think positive but I really don't think this is going to end well.

And why with the girls emotional issues- which sound major- WHY did mom leave her. Does she really think an unstable child doesn't need her personal care and attention? How the heck sick was she? Is this child getting regular dr visits for emotional issues? Who took her?

Has mom been on the news?

No, mom hasn't been on the news.

I completely agree. It seems to me - and I've posted this in another thread recently - that children from an intact family where both parents are still married to each other and all the other kids in the home are full biological siblings rarely seem to go missing. Or if they do go missing, it's usually because they've wandered off and are soon found, or they are the victims of the very very rare stranger abduction.

By the numbers, I wonder is it SO rare that this intact family situation exists, so almost all kids are in this kind of peril, or do we keep hearing about missing kids from these situations because this chaos causes the disappearances. And oddly, it seems to me that in situations of blended family/friends/aquaintances/live-ins/drifters, they SO OFTEN go unsolved with just a strong cloud of suspicion.

Edited to add: I'm still really hung up on the thought that the sisters said she put on her coat and left. If that's true, that the sisters are maintaining that story after being separately questioned by competent investigators, then okay. That's what happened.

I keep saying this everytime one of these kids go missing. Not only that but I am sure like me you are seeing personally the "outcomes" of these broken families. When I say broken families, I do not mean a divorced couple, but the "families" where mum has 4 kids to 4 different dads and a new boyfriend and the fathers involved quite often also have numerous kids to women.
I have mentioned before my stepdaughter who comes from one such family, we have counted how many children are involved in her situation ie. kids to all the mothers and fathers and there are 22......yes 22!!!! I call them little survivors, they learn how to be pushy and arrogant at such a young age, because they have to! Like other kids who know mum and dad are there watching out for them, these kids do not feel that security. It worrys me for the future.

My thought is 'in every lie is a kernel of truth'. I really don't like where my mind is heading...a cigar is generally for special occasions or celebrations and i could see someone who successfully molested and abused a child thinking the 'occasion' warranted a cigar :(

A cigar/blunt is also a cheap way of smoking pot/crack rock, especially for drug users who can't afford coke or ecstasy.

I apologize, but I have been looking for a link to the info that the sisters saw her leave and I can't find it. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

Ok, so let's imagine she did run away, for whatever reason(s). If she left around 7am and wasn't reported missing until after 8:30pm, she has a whole lot of time to travel far from home. Especially if she had a "friend" helping her (someone with transportation or who could hide her well) and/or if she has money with her. Really, she could be anywhere! And a supposed friend or a stranger could have transported her anywhere! This is a horrible case. I hope SOMEBODY saw SOMETHING SOMEWHERE. Please, God.

I apologize, but I have been looking for a link to the info that the sisters saw her leave and I can't find it. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

This article says the adult was the last to see her.

After hours of searching, a young Fort Wayne girl is still missing. A friend of her mother was the last to see the girl yesterday morning. Now police are questioning the friend and family members.
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

I am confused by the clothing situation.

The friend told police Lemmon had fallen asleep in a chair in her clothes, not pajamas Thursday night. Police said she was last seen wearing a blue and black plaid coat with fur around the hood, a silver and white sweater dress with white tights and black shoes with bows.

She was still at his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by that chair and assumed she was still there.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

Why was she asleep in a chair with her coat on?
Was the pile of clothes on the floor different clothes from what she had been wearing while sleeping? If not, why are we told what she was last seen wearing if the clothes have been recovered?

Isn't there some kind of Alert for special needs children/adults?

Another night in the cold for this little girl :( Christmas Night on top of it :(

OMG!!

Allen County Sheriff's Department officials say they will discontinue searches until they obtain new information on the whereabouts of 9-year-old Aliahna Marie Maroney Lemmon. Lemmon has been missing since late Friday night, early Saturday morning. Police were not conducting searches Christmas day.

They have barely looked for her!!!!!

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...ng-for-Missing-9-Year-Old-Girl-136207958.html

I completely agree. It seems to me - and I've posted this in another thread recently - that children from an intact family where both parents are still married to each other and all the other kids in the home are full biological siblings rarely seem to go missing. Or if they do go missing, it's usually because they've wandered off and are soon found, or they are the victims of the very very rare stranger abduction.

By the numbers, I wonder is it SO rare that this intact family situation exists, so almost all kids are in this kind of peril, or do we keep hearing about missing kids from these situations because this chaos causes the disappearances. And oddly, it seems to me that in situations of blended family/friends/aquaintances/live-ins/drifters, they SO OFTEN go unsolved with just a strong cloud of suspicion.

Edited to add: I'm still really hung up on the thought that the sisters said she put on her coat and left. If that's true, that the sisters are maintaining that story after being separately questioned by competent investigators, then okay. That's what happened.

I know a lot of families that aren't intact or are blended together, and they are definitely not as trashy and messed up as some of the families we read about on here. I would say the majority of adults on my mom's side are divorced, but they aren't bringing home RSO's or druggies or other criminals. They weren't raised around those people, so the idea of them in their family is gross. I know lots of people who are in non-nuclear families, and nothing about their family seems weird.

Well bakc in 2005, there was another missing little girl from this town... she ended up being killed by a neighbor who had killed his whole family earlier in the day. Until they had resolution, they kept looking, brought in the FBI etc....

Why not for Aliahna??

Other case
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33394"]Found Deceased IN - Alejandra Gutierrez, 10, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2005 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I'm a counselor with kids/teens (not verified on here).

I am uncomfortable with all those diagnoses being released outside of the blind/hearing. I'm also 50% deaf and that was often confused with ADHD when I was little. I do not like the ODD diagnosis with conduct disorder tacked on to it because typically I won't give the conduct part unless they have violent type behavior and especially at the age of NINE.

The PTSD cannot be related to Grandpa dying because he passed away earlier this month and PTSD diagnosis has to be past 30 days. So what happened to this child, as someone stated previously, is the best question? PTSD for a child can be any traumatic event but trauma can really account for all the other behavioral issues. I'm training to be a traumatologist and it really is intriguing how one traumatic event can impact your life.

Where is this child???

IMO

I know a lot of families that aren't intact or are blended together, and they are definitely not as trashy and messed up as some of the families we read about on here. I would say the majority of adults on my mom's side are divorced, but they aren't bringing home RSO's or druggies or other criminals. They weren't raised around those people, so the idea of them in their family is gross. I know lots of people who are in non-nuclear families, and nothing about their family seems weird.

I agree, except that the numbers do seem to be far greater for those children living in either blended or single-parent homes, as far as the cases we see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back