IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I might see a child of nine with her psychological diagnoses possibly running away if they get upset after a conflict or something but it could be scarier for a child with sight and hearing problems and I would have expected her to be found not too far.

OK so she did call to check up on the children.

I am not inclined to believe in this miscommunication. If a mother calls and says, hey, what's up, how are Aliahna, Sibling 1 and Sibling 2 doing, you don't assume that Aliahna has gone home to be with her since the mother is clearly assuming she's with you.

I have a 10 almost 11 yr old son with all her diagnosis, plus tourrettes, and when he gets mad and runs (which happens every few months, usaually when conflict with his brother's has been building) he's gone maybe 5-10 minutes and he never goes further than 4 or so blocks..

Like you.. i think if she left on her own, she'd have been found by now....

The question is how many blunts had he had from the previous 12+ hours. If you are into blunts it is a good way to not have paraphernalia in your house, pipe/papers. If he was burning at 6am then either he starts early or had been smoking and ran out of blunts. If that is the case then he is not doing periodic UTs for any court/LE.

Hmmm. Ok, I will admit I don't know anything about blunts. Back in my day people just used Zig Zag papers. Are these normally rolled just one at a time? What type of cigars are used for these? The type that come in a box? I never even thought about going to get a cigar for that purpose. My brother smokes cigars, the type with the plastic tip, but I think they come in a box of like 5 or 6.

ETA: Good thinking! I like your idea that maybe he had been smoking all night, I think that is entirely possible.

According to google earth, there is a mini storage facility attached to the trailer park - wonder if that has been searched. There is a road from the trailer park right into the facility.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...ng-for-Missing-9-Year-Old-Girl-136207958.html

Cousins suspects a NINE YEAR OLD.. ran way..

PHOOEY!!!

BBM

Sepponen suspects she ran away.

Right before Christmas? Something bad had to have been happening for this to be true.

Bingo!

Using your post as a springboard Etilema.

the following is speculation only. Just because the 40 yr old single bachelor friend is not currently listed as an RSO does not mean he is not capable of harming, molesting and possibly killing a child.

RSO lists only those who have been caught and convicted, not those yet to be caught, charged and convicted.

what was it that led this particular 40 yr old guy to live with a convicted child molestor? Could it be that the attraction to grandpa was grandpa having access to children and a common interest?

My gut is telling me this friend of grandpa abused Aliahna the entire week she was there and when it was time for mom to come and get her he had to get rid of her to prevent her from telling her mom and step dad what happened.

I think the cigar was purchased after he was done disposing of Aliahna whereever he disposed her, a way to celebrate so to speak, kind of like a new father would pass out cigars.

The whole thing makes me sick, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn this friend of grandpa's is in the health care field which opened a door for him to gain access to another pedo who had access to children and a door for the childrens family to entrust him. :furious:

ALL JMO

Pedophiles have a way of finding each other. That's all I'll say about that.

I hope everyone who celebrates is having a Merry Christmas. Poor me, I have the flu! So I'm waiting til' later to join family.

I wish Aliahna and all these other precious kids that are missing could have a Merry Christmas. It is evil that they were not here to open up their presents this morning.

BTW, is this some kind of child molester area? Like it's far enough away from schools and playgrounds so they are able to live there? If so, what in God's name were three young children doing there? Aren't there laws in IL about sex offenders being near children?

The question is how many blunts had he had from the previous 12+ hours. If you are into blunts it is a good way to not have paraphernalia in your house, pipe/papers. If he was burning at 6am then either he starts early or had been smoking and ran out of blunts. If that is the case then he is not doing periodic UTs for any court/LE.

If it was really a high he was after it might explain the "miscommunication". He could have realized that A was missing whenever he got home but couldn't afford to have the police in his business until he had time to sober up.

Here's some info on ODD and conduct disorder in children:
Signs and Symptoms Some signs and symptoms that must be perpetuated for longer than 6 months and must be considered beyond normal child behavior to fit the diagnosis are:

• Actively refuses to comply with majority's requests or consensus supported rules

• Performs deliberate actions to annoy others

• Angry and resentful of others

• Argues often

• Blames others for his or her own mistakes

• Has few or no friends or has lost friends

• Is causing constant trouble at school

• Spiteful or seeks revenge

• Touchy or easily annoyed
Generally, these patterns of behavior will lead to problems at school and other social venues.

Causes Children of alcoholic parents, or whose fathers have "been in trouble with the law" run a 18% chance of developing ODD, beginning very early in age. This could suggest that the development of ODD concerning symptoms of dis-cooperativeness may be influenced by the behavior of the patient's parents.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppositional_defiant_disorder"]Oppositional defiant disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Causes

By Mayo Clinic staff There's no clear cause underpinning oppositional defiant disorder. Contributing causes are likely a combination of inherited and environmental factors, including:

• A child's natural disposition
  • Limitations or developmental delays in a child's ability to process thoughts and feelings
  • Lack of supervision
  • Inconsistent or harsh discipline
  • Abuse or neglect
  • An imbalance of certain brain chemicals, such as serotonin
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/oppositional-defiant-disorder/DS00630/DSECTION=causes

Conduct disorder is a psychological disorder diagnosed in childhood that presents itself through a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate norms are violated. These behaviors are often referred to as "antisocial behaviors." Indeed, the disorder is often seen as the childhood counterpart of antisocial personality disorder.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduct_disorder"]Conduct disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Causes

Many factors may contribute to a child developing conduct disorder, including brain damage, child abuse, school failure, and traumatic life experiences. Certain children have a genetic vulnerability to this disorder, the nature of which is unclear. When vulnerability is combined with high-risk environmental factors, such as poverty, parental neglect, marital discord, parental illness, parental alcoholism, and having a parent with antisocial personality disorder, chances of CD increase.
Adolescents with CD have been found to have impairment in the frontal lobe of the brain, an area that affects the ability to plan, to avoid harm, and to learn from negative consequences.
http://www.aboutourkids.org/families/disorders_treatments/az_disorder_guide/conduct_disorder/causes

This is some serious stuff. It's basically, IMO, sociopathy in kids (ODD and "conduct disorder"). They just don't want to label kids as psychopaths.

What happened to this little girl?

Hmmm. Ok, I will admit I don't know anything about blunts. Back in my day people just used Zig Zag papers. Are these normally rolled just one at a time? What type of cigars are used for these? The type that come in a box? I never even thought about going to get a cigar for that purpose. My brother smokes cigars, the type with the plastic tip, but I think they come in a box of like 5 or 6.

ETA: Good thinking! I like your idea that maybe he had been smoking all night, I think that is entirely possible.

Phillie's Blunts, Swisher Sweets or White Owl, you can buy one at a time in some places; zig-zags will get you a paraphernalia charge but a blunt, smoked down, won't. I get sick to my stomach from the smell of any cigar and the Swisher's, if they are cherry or peach, smell sickening sweet.

The tip of the blunt is scooped out and pot/a crack rock or hash piece can be put in the tip. I had a drug ed class in school [DV course] and we lived in a not great neighborhood near my school.

Right before Christmas? Something bad had to have been happening for this to be true.

Pedophiles have a way of finding each other. That's all I'll say about that.

I hope everyone who celebrates is having a Merry Christmas. Poor me, I have the flu! So I'm waiting til' later to join family.

I wish Aliahna and all these other precious kids that are missing could have a Merry Christmas. It is evil that they were not here to open up their presents this morning.

There is a lot of flu around; I had stomach/intestinal flu that went into bronchitis and today I fell asleep in the recliner watching a movie because my sinuses are so bad. :( We have an elk roast cooking in the crock pot and other sides in the oven and I can't smell or taste anything. Feel better and try to enjoy your day.

updated article with quote from family friend and more details

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...ng-for-Missing-9-Year-Old-Girl-136207958.html

thanks peeples for article link

snipped-"However, Sheriff Fries says they’ve already gone to each offender’s house and interviewed them. He says none of them are suspects"

Gone to??? They better have done better than that and have GONE IN each place and visually LOOKED...imo ...actaully looked in every last trailer in that neighborhood regardless of RSO status....who was the other missing girl that was found in a trailer across from her. that was taken & killed by a pervert??

I wonder if there was a disconnect amongst some of the grandfather's family, based on his prior. And if Aliahna's mother had some weird sense of duty, based out of past experiences with him in her youth?? Catch my drift? Why would the mother of 3 young girls willingly live in such a community if she had other options? To take care of grandpa?? And what wasthe roommate doing all day long?

Forgive me, but imo there is something wrong...those little girls apparently have other family in the area, who for some reason were unable to step up to helping out with them, if the mother was so ill. So sad, very sad.

I really hope the area between the trailer park and the family's previous address are being canvassed carefully, in case she DID leave willingly, to try to go back to familiar territory, and got lost......

There is something way, way off about this child's situation....the 40 year old male caregiver, and the Mom not being available to care for her children. It's just weird.

What was going on in that trailer? And what kind of people make such casual child care arrangements?

So many children are disappearing because of all the broken familes, and all the loose, dysfunctional relationships with people who come in contact with the children....single parents,boyfriends,girlfriends, live-ins, step parents, one night stands, parents missing from their children's daily lives. People who are coming and going from the homes in the middle of the night, parties and drug use, and the children falling asleep on the floor or the couch, or in one bed and then another. Parents not checking on the children for hours....
There seems to be a lot of instability and upheaval in these families which leads to all of these vulnerable children being exposed to dangerous situations.

Most of the cases we follow on WS have these things in common, and it is so troubling.

And why with the girls emotional issues- which sound major- WHY did mom leave her. Does she really think an unstable child doesn't need her personal care and attention? How the heck sick was she? Is this child getting regular dr visits for emotional issues? Who took her?

Has mom been on the news?

I am not understanding the whole set-up, to begin with. They live in a mobile home park that has 30 homes and 15 RSOs. The grandfather apparently did time for child molesting, yet the family chose to live close to him. The male friend who had been living with said grandfather is given complete care of the three little girls while mother is sick. All of this is very peculiar to me.

Now add what you are pointing out--that the friend leaves the house, leaving the little girls alone, at SIX in the morning to buy a CIGAR. Then comes home and GOES BACK TO SLEEP (after smoking the cigar??).

And what's this about he sees a pile of clothes NEAR the chair where she was sleeping, so assumed she was still there? I don't know where to begin with the questions about that!

My thought is 'in every lie is a kernel of truth'. I really don't like where my mind is heading...a cigar is generally for special occasions or celebrations and i could see someone who successfully molested and abused a child thinking the 'occasion' warranted a cigar :(

There is something way, way off about this child's situation....the 40 year old male caregiver, and the Mom not being available to care for her children. It's just weird.

What was going on in that trailer? And what kind of people make such casual child care arrangements?

So many children are disappearing because of all the broken familes, and all the loose, dysfunctional relationships with people who come in contact with the children....single parents,boyfriends,girlfriends, live-ins, step parents, one night stands, parents missing from their children's daily lives. People who are coming and going from the homes in the middle of the night, parties and drug use, and the children falling asleep on the floor or the couch, or in one bed and then another. Parents not checking on the children for hours....
There seems to be a lot of instability and upheaval in these families which leads to all of these vulnerable children being exposed to dangerous situations.

Most of the cases we follow on WS have these things in common, and it is so troubling.

I completely agree. It seems to me - and I've posted this in another thread recently - that children from an intact family where both parents are still married to each other and all the other kids in the home are full biological siblings rarely seem to go missing. Or if they do go missing, it's usually because they've wandered off and are soon found, or they are the victims of the very very rare stranger abduction.

By the numbers, I wonder is it SO rare that this intact family situation exists, so almost all kids are in this kind of peril, or do we keep hearing about missing kids from these situations because this chaos causes the disappearances. And oddly, it seems to me that in situations of blended family/friends/aquaintances/live-ins/drifters, they SO OFTEN go unsolved with just a strong cloud of suspicion.

Edited to add: I'm still really hung up on the thought that the sisters said she put on her coat and left. If that's true, that the sisters are maintaining that story after being separately questioned by competent investigators, then okay. That's what happened.

Bingo!

Using your post as a springboard Etilema.

the following is speculation only. Just because the 40 yr old single bachelor friend is not currently listed as an RSO does not mean he is not capable of harming, molesting and possibly killing a child.

RSO lists only those who have been caught and convicted, not those yet to be caught, charged and convicted.

what was it that led this particular 40 yr old guy to live with a convicted child molestor? Could it be that the attraction to grandpa was grandpa having access to children and a common interest?

My gut is telling me this friend of grandpa abused Aliahna the entire week she was there and when it was time for mom to come and get her he had to get rid of her to prevent her from telling her mom and step dad what happened.

I think the cigar was purchased after he was done disposing of Aliahna whereever he disposed her, a way to celebrate so to speak, kind of like a new father would pass out cigars.

The whole thing makes me sick, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn this friend of grandpa's is in the health care field which opened a door for him to gain access to another pedo who had access to children and a door for the childrens family to entrust him. :furious:

ALL JMO

I just posted the same thought before I read yours! And I normally always give the benefit of the doubt to the 'last to see her' but the cigar just seems to celbratory to me

As far as the mom being sick. I think from the article posted by peeples the cousin suggested mom was having emotional issues. Sometimes people drown themself in drugs or alcohol after a death. Maybe she has a mental condition and it's a huge setback in treatment/stability. She hasn't been coping well. Sorry if this has been discussed already, just started reading here.

Sepponen says the family hasn't been coping very well and her cousin, Tara, also Aliahna’s mother, has been very ill.

I completely agree. It seems to me - and I've posted this in another thread recently - that children from an intact family where both parents are still married to each other and all the other kids in the home are full biological siblings rarely seem to go missing. Or if they do go missing, it's usually because they've wandered off and are soon found, or they are the victims of the very very rare stranger abduction.

If it's not a family with substance abuse problems, imo.

By the numbers, I wonder is it SO rare that this intact family situation exists, so almost all kids are in this kind of peril, or do we keep hearing about missing kids from these situations because this chaos causes the disappearances. And oddly, it seems to me that in situations of blended family/friends/aquaintances/live-ins/drifters, they SO OFTEN go unsolved with just a strong cloud of suspicion.

Edited to add: I'm still really hung up on the thought that the sisters said she put on her coat and left. If that's true, that the sisters are maintaining that story after being separately questioned by competent investigators, then okay. That's what happened.

What I want to know is, did this happen before or after the man got home from the alleged cigar run? Did the sisters know if he was home sleeping at the time? Because she might have been told to put on her coat, we're leaving for a party.

And another thought - why all the diagnoses? PTSD would cover everything she is diagnosed with. Why slap all those labels on a traumatized child?

Maybe a case of different doctors seeing the same symptoms and disagreeing about the diagnosis? Some of the other diagnoses could have been made before the traumatizing event took place and if so PTSD couldn't cover those symptoms. (If it's a single event and not a continuous stream of traumatizing conditions.)

I am uncomfortable with releasing all that medical info in the press. If she is out there alive and comes back her diagnoses shouldn't be available for everyone. Her visual and auditory problems might be relevant information to someone who sees her (say, if they wave their hands at her and call her name and she doesn't answer they'd know it's possible she didn't hear or see them and not conclude that she didn't respond because it's not her name) but the rest of it isn't imo. I hope it's not a form of blaming the victim ("she's such a badly behaving child she must have run away...")

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back