IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was really hoping to log in here this morning and find that Aliahna had been found and was at home opening presents with her sisters. I hope there will be some updates today. Would be nice to hear from the mother.

what exactly can we sleuth and talk about on here????
Be imho MSM made it sound like Aliahna also lived in the trailer park and I don't 'think' that is true...

I am of the opinion this child was in danger, all I can say without a timeout.
The clock is ticking , I hope LE is computer savvy.

Can somebody explain to me how a 9 yo child with hearing and sight disabilities, attention deficit disorder and emotional problems has her own Facebook account. This just adds another layer of fear for her safety to me.

I have a child with autism and the only form of their expression (without fits, frustration, or other peoples facial cues) is done online.

Best thing I ever did was plug that child into the internet and on messenger. It's a valid communication tool for children like this if done correctly.

But, you know, each child and parent is different.
Hopefully the parents (mom) was wise enough to put the proper protection on the account.

The friend told police Lemmon had fallen asleep in a chair in her clothes, not pajamas Thursday night. Police said she was last seen wearing a blue and black plaid coat with fur around the hood, a silver and white sweater dress with white tights and black shoes with bows.

She was still at his home around 6 a.m. Friday, but at 10 a.m. he saw a pile of her clothes by that chair and assumed she was still there.

How big is his home? Is it large enough that it's easy to be unaware of how many kids are present? Wouldn't he have made the kids some breakfast and noticed that just two ate theirs?

So far, Fries said they are not ruling any possibility of what could have happened to the girl out, including foul play. There have not been any custody, abuse or neglect issues in the past, but family members said the girl is partially blind, has hearing problems and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Activity Disorder and Oppositional Defiant with Conduct Disorder.

I worry about this because all those acronyms might make her a challenging child and adults could lose their temper around a challenging child more easily.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/police-looking-for-missing-fw-girl

I wondered about that too. If she said she was going toa birthday party, why assume that she was on her way to her home?

I wonder if mom has a phone at her trailer? Maybe not, and maybe that is why no one confirmed any of this stuff.

She may not have a phone, however if that were the case, why not walk on over to moms with the two younger siblings in tow to inquire about Ali's location?

Still catching up on the thread....

I'm very confused (yet again) at this whole situation. The children at the 'friends' house ~ the step-dad ~ moms illness ~ and where was grandma that she couldn't look after the kids? All might be perfectly legit, but without more info, all of it looks suspicious and hurts my heart :(

Again we are left confused by the information, or rather mis-information and yet again a sweet little child has disappeared. UGH! My thoughts and prayers are with Alie, hoping she is found safe and sound!

ETA: And when 'friend' spoke to mom, did mom not inquire as to how the girls were? Or want to speak to them? Would that not have brought up Alie and where she was??

Respectfully snipped and BBM. It makes my heart hurt too. I hate to think about a predator around children who are all giddy about Christmas being a week or days away. Sounds like a pedo's heaven to me.

This friend of grandpa's is still registered high on the hinky meter for me.

Mods, are we allowed to sleuth the grandfather who passed away in Dec?

We should be able to. In other threads, Anna Waters case in particular both her bio father and the 'guru friend' her father associated with are deceased so we can post first names, last names and any info we find on them. I can't see why it would be any different elsewhere, including here. The rules change when the person we are sleuthing is deceased.

hth

Are we allowed to post the mother's name, the stepfather's name??
Are we allowed to post the address associated with them, which is like 12/13 miles away???

If that dear child 'tried' to walk 'home', then LE better expand their search parameter out a lot further! UNLESS they have some indication that the trailer park is where the main emphasis needs to be.

I am trying to catch up... IMO the sleepwalking explanation doesn't make much sense if she in fact disappeared between 6 am and 10 am. Generally sleepwalking occurs during the first third of the night and not late into the morning.

How disappointing to check in and find no new news.

Here is the link to WANE and WPTA Facebook pages, people are wanting to search. I don't think I have ever seen LE end a search so quickly without a resolution. (confession, body found, etc.) I realize it is Christmas but people are willing to search on Christmas day, it never hurts to search again, things can be missed. JMO

http://www.facebook.com/wane15

http://www.facebook.com/IndianasNewsCenter

Are we allowed to post the mother's name, the stepfather's name??
Are we allowed to post the address associated with them, which is like 12/13 miles away???

If that dear child 'tried' to walk 'home', then LE better expand their search parameter out a lot further! UNLESS they have some indication that the trailer park is where the main emphasis needs to be.

We can only add names that have been mentioned in MSM. If mom and step dad have been named in MSM yes, if not, we have to wait.

hth

How disappointing to check in and find no new news.

Here is the link to WANE and WPTA Facebook pages, people are wanting to search. I don't think I have ever seen LE end a search so quickly without a resolution. (confession, body found, etc.) I realize it is Christmas but people are willing to search on Christmas day, it never hurts to search again, things can be missed. JMO

http://www.facebook.com/wane15

http://www.facebook.com/IndianasNewsCenter

There is a scanner thread downstairs for members only. Since we are not allowed to discuss what is in the scanner threads up here, my only suggestion is to check out the scanner thread.

hth

What??? Aliahna did not live in the MH park???

see, that is what I am so upset about! I don't really understand what can and cannot be posted on here.
Because Aliahna's FB is open....so info is, ahhh, available. And NO I do not believe she 'lives' in the trailer park, but possibly 12-13 miles away!!

And that could change the search area immensely. But even then, there is some other stuff that could be of importance.

I am trying to catch up... IMO the sleepwalking explanation doesn't make much sense if she in fact disappeared between 6 am and 10 am. Generally sleepwalking occurs during the first third of the night and not late into the morning.

Thanks. I was unaware of that. IIRC, the sleepwalking explanation came from the childrens grandmother and parents. I took it as one of the possibilities they were considering trying to make sense of the events surrounding Ali's disappearance.

But you are absolutely right.

I'll add this, if the 9 yr old was getting ready to go to a party, there is no way in hades the younger siblings wouldn't have gotten dressed and gone with her. All 3 of these children were excited about attending this party. If the younger children believed it was time to get ready and go, there is NO way they would have sat back and did nothing while the oldest child got ready and went. They would have hurried and gotten dressed and all 3 would have left at the same time.

I'm not buying a thing said by single bachelor friend of grandpa's. And I will bet my last 10 bucks the younger children did NOT tell him Ali left to go to a party. Not.buying.it.

I hope he is in custody being interrogated by LE to find out what really happened to this little girl.

JMVHO

see, that is what I am so upset about! I don't really understand what can and cannot be posted on here.
Because Aliahna's FB is open....so info is, ahhh, available. And NO I do not believe she 'lives' in the trailer park, but possibly 12-13 miles away!!

And that could change the search area immensely. But even then, there is some other stuff that could be of importance.

If Aliahna's FB is open, it can be posted here. The only time we can add a FB page of a minor, is when they are the victim. We can't sleuth those listed as friends on Ali's page, but we can add her page.

HTH.

ETA: According to the comments posted earlier from a MSM article, a neighbor posted Ali's family lives in the mobile home park very near the friend of grandpa's. Of course we can't verify the accuracy of MSM comments.

hth

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back