IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed goblueridge regarding their article and asked them to explain how it was determined that MP should have registered as a RSO on November 27, 2007.

So far, the response I received is as follows: The sheriff says Plumadore was found here by what he calls the “Domestic Violence and Sex Offender Registry Verification” by warrant and sex offender check, and was arrested on a fugitive warrant from Indiana. He says it will be later this morning before he can get to the original paperwork.

I wrote back indicating that there is nothing in Indiana, or the court documents once MP returned to Indiana regarding a sex offense or having to register as an RSO. I also told them, they are the only ones reporting this information and that it needs to be verified one way or another.

Hopefully I will hear back from the radio station with clearer information.

I told them it makes me think that perhaps LE in NC, did a check on RSO in the area and they ended up finding MP, and once they ran his name, they found there was a search warrant out of Indiana. Although, I am stumped that back in 2007, there also wasn't a warrant showing out of Florida.

I just heard back from the radio station and Steve indicated: "Thanks ... I've got an all afternoon meeting, but I hope to get his updated info soon
Steve."

Bumping Up

Actually, this article is worded a lot different from the original article as this article is NOT stating that MP is a registered sex offender and needed to register by November 2007. The article states he was arrested as a fugitive out of Indiana.

I too have contacted Steve, and I am asking him to verify exactly how MP was found, as in, was MP in the home of a RSO and they checked MP's background to find that MP has a warrant out of Indiana.

Steve stated he would get back to me later today.

Bumping up

...or if 2006 was just the first time he got busted.

2006 was the year Lemmon was convicted . . . here is the snippet from previously posted article which explains:

In 2005, Lemmon was charged with three counts of child molestation. According to a probable cause affidavit, Lemmon had performed various sexual acts on a young girl from 1996 to 2003. He had baby-sat for the girl and her younger brother at his home while their mother worked. He stopped baby-sitting for the children in 2003, when the girl was 13. In 2004, the girl told her parents that Lemmon had inappropriately touched her during the past several years.

I give huge kudos to the sherriff and staff who helped solve this case so quickly. I know early on many were shocked that LE had called off the searches. Now it makes sense to me that they knew precious A was no longer alive based on the story the perp told them. The sheriff said as much in one of his interviews.

Now if I could see those same folks head on over and have a chat with Julia B. and Deborah Bradley!

MOO

Mel

is it my imagination or are recent posts disappearing?

also, is there a place where I can find all the players names? is that on the media thread?

The Media Thread was set up for us to place link for quick reference . . . would be nice if it was populated.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7465866#post7465866"]MEDIA REFERENCE[/ame] No discussion allowed in this thread but it's a great place to store information . . .

:waitasec:

I'm thinking that these RSO lists need some major help and I'm starting to get deeply concerned.

There are 3 "tiers" of RSO classifications. I know of a case where someone was looking up RSO information on a guy for protective reasons and he didn't show up on ANY of the RSO lists online. So then they looked him up on Vinelink and it said he was on probation, but didn't say why. They called the probation dept. and he was a Class II offender and they said it was for a serious conviction.

So why in the sam hill wasn't he on any of the registers? Sounds to me like this is a problem here too! Why isn't he listed?

And yes, it's supposed to be a MINIMUM of ten years no matter WHAT "tier"! :banghead:

I realize they held the vigil at MP's b/c that's where she was last seen but GAWD, I would hold the vigil at the convenience store before I would want to stand anywhere near that ******'s trailer. Isn't there a church or maybe her school they could've held the vigil. Being anywhere near his trailer is just sickening.

It's sad but the family lives just a couple trailers from Lemmon's trailer where MP was living on & off for 4 years . . . most recently returning in August 2010.

Kimster, I just read an article where the LE said he was an RSO in 2006. I'll be right back with a link.

snipped

Sheriff's department spokesman Cpl. Jeremy Tinkel confirmed that Lemmon was a sex offender. Indiana Department of Correction records show he was convicted of child molesting in March 2006.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...o-many-sex-offenders-20111228,0,5710876.story

I wonder how you go from a SO to not being one 5 years later? I thought it was 10 years minimum?

Lemmon was the grandpa. Plumadore is the perp. I did see in another article that Lemmon met Plumadore while in prison and that Plumadore was also in for sex crimes.

Have the autopsy results come out yet? Sorry, I'm almost 20 pages back, so I'm trying to catch up.

Lemmon was the grandpa. Plumadore is the perp. I did see in another article that Lemmon met Plumadore while in prison and that Plumadore was also in for sex crimes.

Plumadore is who I'm wondering about. Why isn't he listed on the registers out there?

Pretty sure that was the neighbor (shumaker maybe?) that knew one of them from prison.

JMO but requiring a wheelchair is normally not a reason to send your kids away. I could see needing help with infants and toddlers but 6 to 9 years olds are old enough that they don't have to be carried and can actually be helpful around the house if the parent is handicapped.

Amen. Speaking from experience, I was up in the mountains for 6 months while DH worked in San Diego. I broke my ankle (3 places) and couldn't even get around on crutches. I was forever blessed that DS was there to help me out. So, yes, being in a wheelchair is NOT a reason to send your kids away. From looking at pictures, the girls were old enough to be quite helpful and should not have been a burden, or needed to be sent anywhere.

I'm still baffled on that one!

MOO

Mel

The police work has been shoddy from day one as far as I am concerned. The day they searched then quit searching.

I believe they quit searching because they knew what they were going to find & because the weather prevented them & the Holiday. According to Sheriff Fries, they KNEW MP was their man AFTER he stated he went to get a cigar at 6a (and the located the video at the convenience store where in a dumpster remains were found)

I believe LE did a stellar job! Methodical & logical & getting the required legal documentation (search warrant) so nothing will be negated in a Court of Law.

Kudos to LE & all they do!

No clue Kimster. There needs to be a major overhaul of these registries.

For example: Around me - in Mega Urbanville - if you look up my address there are almost 500 of them within a 5 mile radius!!! :eek: If you start digging into these guys - alot of them are transient, homeless and list a street corner as their address - like "southwest corner of NE 1 Avenue and and NE 25 Street" :eek: I kid you not.

I live a half a block from a huge public school complex and across the street from that is a major little league ball park - yet some of the RSO's that actually have a listed address are right across the street from the park and just houses from the corner of that school complex. So go figger................ I don't get it either!

I was reading back a few pages and correct me if I'm wrong, but the perp was NOT a RSO? Living in a mobile home park full of RSOs? Is that right?

I wonder if he felt his secrets would be accepted there. My heart hurts.

yes, Patty G is getting to the bottom if this in NC -- there is only one article referencing MP as an RSO in NC.

May have been a misrepresentation through the Media or something? Don't know as of yet (bumped Patty Gs post for reference)

:bump:

I emailed goblueridge regarding their article and asked them to explain how it was determined that MP should have registered as a RSO on November 27, 2007.

So far, the response I received is as follows: The sheriff says Plumadore was found here by what he calls the “Domestic Violence and Sex Offender Registry Verification” by warrant and sex offender check, and was arrested on a fugitive warrant from Indiana. He says it will be later this morning before he can get to the original paperwork.

I wrote back indicating that there is nothing in Indiana, or the court documents once MP returned to Indiana regarding a sex offense or having to register as an RSO. I also told them, they are the only ones reporting this information and that it needs to be verified one way or another.

Hopefully I will hear back from the radio station with clearer information.

I told them it makes me think that perhaps LE in NC, did a check on RSO in the area and they ended up finding MP, and once they ran his name, they found there was a search warrant out of Indiana. Although, I am stumped that back in 2007, there also wasn't a warrant showing out of Florida.

I just heard back from the radio station and Steve indicated: "Thanks ... I've got an all afternoon meeting, but I hope to get his updated info soon
Steve."

It was the neighbor and Lemmon who knew each other from prison.

"Shumaker said he introduced Plumadore to Lemmon shortly after Plumadore moved into the trailer park, and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. Shumaker said he knew Lemmon because they were both sex offenders and were in jail together."

http://wap.indystar.com/localheadlines/article?a=2011112280328&f=1242

I swore I would not follow this case yet here I am
I just do not get it at all anymore. What is it gonna take to keep these precious children from dying and or being abused>?????????????

I wish I knew the answer.

Every one of these cases just breaks my heart. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads