IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was thinking about Aliahna today, my thoughts then went to my own children, and to my sweet little granddaughter(she is 2). She is just the happiest little girl, and my daughter and her boyfriend are just wonderful parents all around. This got me to musing on my daughters' boyfriend.

This young man is the nicest, most gentle-natured guy you could ever meet. He also is what he himself calls "slow", but I think most people would say learning disabled. He had to take special education classes in school, and you can definitley tell when you speak to him that there is something "different" about him. (I am not trying to be offensive to those with disabilities, learning or otherwise, I'm just not that great with wording things sometimes, my apologies) Anyways, my daughter really has to be on the ball a lot with him, as he has a hard time remembering things. If he goes to the store, she has to make a list of exactly what she wants, or if she needs to have him pick up my granddaughter at day care, she has to give him a slip of paper with the time written down on it when he is supposed to pick her up, etc. Things of that nature. Sometimes she really gets exasperated with him.

This young man has had a very hard life. I won't go into details, but things were very rough for him. Then when you add in the LD, he has had to struggle. BUT he is the most wonderful father. He really does cherish his daughter. If we go to the park, he keeps an eagle eye on her. He is very careful about everything he does with her, from what she eats to where she goes. He does not even like like to use a firm tone with her, as he doesn't want to "hurt her feelings, because she is just little".

Sometimes, I hear people making excuses for other about their poor parenting, as in "well, they had a hard life", or "they aren't very smart, so how are they supposed to know". But then I see my granddaughters father. He is the essence of loving and protecting your child. So I say, if HE can be like this, even though he is not "smart", then there is no excuse for anyone else.

Just wanted to tell that story. Sorry it is so long :)

I want to say thanks to PattyG also for your work on this. I looked at the newly reworded article. MP did have the case in Iowa for DV, however it appeared to be dismissed due to lack of evidence. If it was dismissed I would imagine that he would not have to register? However he doesn't seem to have any other DV charges that anyone was able to locate.

and it does not fit the timeline . . . IA was in 2010; he was in NC in late 2007

This child was abused by two different people before? All at 9 years old? And now she was violently murdered? Poor kid never had a chance. Was CPS ever involved in all of this?

That's a very good question! If Alianah was abused before, how is she NOT monitored by CPS? And how in the heck did she get to live in a SO infested mobile home park?

I just can't believe the failure all around -- not only by mommy, but family, friends, and neighbors.

As I mentioned before, I hope someone (CPS or otherwise) is making sure there are NO children living at that park.

:banghead:

MOO

Mel

I wonder if FBI said this before or after grandpa made his remark to the media about prior abuse. I ask this because media has a way of responding a day late, sometimes taking or adding for the headline. I realize that grandpas remarks were posted today cause I fell out of my chair reading it, so I am still left wondering why he threw that bit of information out regardless. FBI told them to stop talking.

Another question I have now, it's been stated by Fries last night on Nancy Grace the girls where with the monster for a week. What day did they get out of school, does anyone know? Did they literally hop off a bus and shuffle off to his home?

They were told not to speak about the circumstances of Aliahna's death. Abuse occurring in an unrelated incident is different.

And I get why they want to control dissemination of info in this case related to Ali's murder. Charging documents have not yet been drawn up
and their investigation continues. They don't need everything out front and center before they have pieced it all together.

As I was thinking about Aliahna today, my thoughts then went to my own children, and to my sweet little granddaughter(she is 2). She is just the happiest little girl, and my daughter and her boyfriend are just wonderful parents all around. This got me to musing on my daughters' boyfriend.

This young man is the nicest, most gentle-natured guy you could ever meet. He also is what he himself calls "slow", but I think most people would say learning disabled. He had to take special education classes in school, and you can definitley tell when you speak to him that there is something "different" about him. (I am not trying to be offensive to those with disabilities, learning or otherwise, I'm just not that great with wording things sometimes, my apologies) Anyways, my daughter really has to be on the ball a lot with him, as he has a hard time remembering things. If he goes to the store, she has to make a list of exactly what she wants, or if she needs to have him pick up my granddaughter at day care, she has to give him a slip of paper with the time written down on it when he is supposed to pick her up, etc. Things of that nature. Sometimes she really gets exasperated with him.

This young man has had a very hard life. I won't go into details, but things were very rough for him. Then when you add in the LD, he has had to struggle. BUT he is the most wonderful father. He really does cherish his daughter. If we go to the park, he keeps an eagle eye on her. He is very careful about everything he does with her, from what she eats to where she goes. He does not even like like to use a firm tone with her, as he doesn't want to "hurt her feelings, because she is just little".

Sometimes, I hear people making excuses for other about their poor parenting, as in "well, they had a hard life", or "they aren't very smart, so how are they supposed to know". But then I see my granddaughters father. He is the essence of loving and protecting your child. So I say, if HE can be like this, even though he is not "smart", then there is no excuse for anyone else.

Just wanted to tell that story. Sorry it is so long :)

Thank you so much for sharing! Your grandaughter is a very lucky little girl!

I wonder if FBI said this before or after grandpa made his remark to the media about prior abuse. I ask this because media has a way of responding a day late, sometimes taking or adding for the headline. I realize that grandpas remarks were posted today cause I fell out of my chair reading it, so I am still left wondering why he threw that bit of information out regardless. FBI told them to stop talking.

My thought process on LE/FBI telling the family (possibly others) to stop speaking to the media:
1) FBI tends to do this
2) The FBI is involved because of all of the following or one or more:
a) The trailer park is crawling with RSO's
b) MP was a fugitive who had crossed state lines
c) The victim's family lived in Pedo Park for a couple of months--if there is something else going on like a child molestation/*advertiser censored* ring, perhaps, they can give LE and the FBI a ton of information...let's face it...mostly only Pedophiles are living there...they have been a "SOURCE" of information for the media...if the investigation leads to somewhere larger than MP...they could give information. If not...then the FBI doesn't want them to talk because they are looking at the family.

Just all rampant speculation on my part. Typically, LE wants people to talk. Especially, if they are suspected in something...the whole, "give them enough rope" theory...but telling them not to, I would suspect, means either there is something larger going on...or two, because of the already sketchy situation of the family allowing the three girls to live with the murderer for a week, LE fears that they might screw up the inevitable "trial"...because if he pleads NG and decides to go to trial, the Defense will fillet this family. Don't know...I am at a loss.

:bump:

Please continue here.

Please remember that discussion of how this young girl ended up in that trailer is relevent to this case. The family is discussable to that end - but there is to be NO BASHING or TRASHING. We still do not know all the circumstances about why Aliahna was with this <modsnip>.

Also remember there is NO NAME CALLING, not even of the perp. I know that is difficult sometimes but we can do it.

Prayers for this little one, may she rest in peace and may her sisters find safety and be allowed to grow up. :(

MEDIA REFERENCE THREAD

Thread 1
Thread 2

Salem

we were doing such a good job being refrained . . . :innocent:

I can't find the murderers Facebook page. All I get is '''content unavailable" Has it been removed does anyone know? Who would have his password other than possibly Aliahna's mother.

Anyone who has links that could pm me,much appreciated. I would like to check some FB walls, etc. I had to reactivate my FB account just to do it.

They were told not to speak about the circumstances of Aliahna's death. Abuse occurring in an unrelated incident is different.

And I get why they want to control dissemination of info in this case related to Ali's murder. Charging documents have not yet been drawn up
and their investigation continues. They don't need everything out front and center before they have pieced it all together.

Has LE said that they told the family not to speak?

I really hope that this story, as creepy as it is unto itself, isn't the tip of the iceberg of a very dark situation.

I am speculating....

Maybe Aliahna was trying to protect her sisters and this is the motive for her muder. MP could have promised her that if she did not tell anyone about the abuse he would not hurt her sisters. Perhaps she caught him in the act. This thought just keeps going through my mind. I don't know at this time that there was any sexual abuse happening at all, but I think Aliahna would have protected her sisters at all costs especially knowing what she had previously gone through.

I can't find the murderers Facebook page. All I get is '''content unavailable" Has it been removed does anyone know? Who would have his password other than possibly Aliahna's mother.

Anyone who has links that could pm me,much appreciated. I would like to check some FB walls, etc. I had to reactivate my FB account just to do it.

His profile was removed from the site.

Another question I have now, it's been stated by Fries last night on Nancy Grace the girls where with the monster for a week. What day did they get out of school, does anyone know? Did they literally hop off a bus and shuffle off to his home?

Aliahna's classmate said this and yes it was a planned stay with Uncle Mike. gah!

Mckee's daughter, Axxxx, says Aliahna told her about her winter break plans. "She told me she was going to a friend's house the last day of school before Christmas break."

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/home/Missing-Juvenile-136180558.html?m=y&smobile=y

I have yet to find a link wherein the FBI can put any american citizen under a gag order. If someone can find a link, that would be most appreciated.

They can encourage someone not to discuss the facts, but as far as I know, they cannot legally tell someone they cannot discuss a case such as this. Only a judge and a court of law can do that IMHO.

This discussion came into play in the aliayah lunsford case and how mommy said the FBI put her under a gag order. The fbi came out and said they never told her such a thing.

So me thinks the whole "fbi told me not to talk" is an easy excuse.

MOO

Mel

...and she could be online but couldn't phone to speak to her girls for 1 minute each every day? Really? :furious:

We dont know this to be true, respectfully. Clearly, imo, she called to check on them. We know on Friday, at least, she did not speak to the girls. She only spoke with MP. We can imagine that MP may have intentionally misled her in that conversation because he knew Aliahna had not disappeared. He knew exactly where she was.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/lemmons-cause-of-death-still-unknown

COD stil unknown. Awaiting microscopic and tox results which take longer.

Some details will not be released

I hate to be graphic, but if he had hit her in the head several times with a brick and her death resulted from that, that would be fairly obvious right? But the article states....

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – After the external examination of Aliahna Maroney-Lemmon’s remains was completed by the Allen County Coroner's Office Wednesday afternoon, the cause of her death is still undetermined.

So WTH did he do to this child???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr