IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in total shock reading that the mother removed Ali's belongings because she can't bear to look at her stuff! WTF!!!!

Sometimes family members just need to "be quiet" and not share this type of stuff with the general public. :furious:

I don't understand, I guess. They don't sentence you and then lock you up? I thought after sentencing you went right to the slammer?

His sentence was 1 year probation. So he was not going to be locked up at all. He still had to follow whatever he was supposed to be doing while on probation, but he left the state instead.

I wondered about this, as well. Unless TS has the means to hire someone to do the packing that would require some physical effort. I think this is a concerted effort by the parents to remove "evidence" from the home so that CPS won't find the home to be an uninhabitable environment for the other children. jmo

I am not sure what I think of the removal of little A's things. I find it odd but am not sure I believe it is about evidence removal.

Perhaps unpleasantness is dealt with in this manner in this family. I have a feeling that denial is a lifestyle for some of the players involved and the removal of A's things may just be par for the course.

IMO, there is something serious going on with mom. Be it a serious health issue, mental health issues or longstanding dysfunction that has become a way of life within this family.

There is something not right here but I am not sure as yet what it is.

The mother's behavior makes no sense to most of us because we love, value and cherish our children. Not all mothers do. Mine didn't. I see neglected kids a lot around here -- dirty, dirty clothing, no socks, no mittens, light jacket in winter. I can't imagine sending my kid out to play without warm clothing but some parents don't care. They don't pay enough attention to their child to see that they aren't dressed properly.

A's mother getting rid of her things does not surprise me at all.

--what about her little sisters? maybe they would love aliahna's "stuff" to be around now that she's gone forever.

--did mom ever think of that?

--nice message to send to the other kids----pack up her 'stuff' and forget she was ever there.

--i also find it hard to believe that "large boxes" full, stacked in the pick-up were aliahna's belongings.

I hate to say this, but I have felt from the beginning of this sad saga that Aliahna might not have been a "wanted" child. Perhaps her mother found the multiple disabilities to be more than she could handle especially when TS seems to have her own health issues. I find myself using the expression "disposable children" a lot lately because there seems to be an epidemic of missing, exploited, murdered children who appear to be nuisances in their parents' lives. jmo

Yep, I fear the same. Zahra Baker's stepmom did the same and ended up w/14-18 years, or something. Disgusting. But, she only gave LE the locations of the remains AFTER the plea bargain was signed, sealed, and delivered.

When would that paperwork be released? Would it be included at the probable cause hearing? If he did accept a plea offer, most likely it was before he led them to the body. At this point, why would the prosecution offer him a plea bargain? They have their evidence, and a confession. Just curious.

1. To spare the family the horrific details of the crime
2. To ENSURE they get a life sentence
3. It's a guaranteed conviction (prosecutors like that) and it saves court time and money

It's not very satisfying of course. We want him to pay for what he has done, and the only currency we accept is blood. We want him to suffer, we want his pain to match the pain he has caused. We call this justice, and perhaps it is. I can definately understand the sentiment.

Me, I think real justice is impossible and I refuse to accept retribution as a substitute. But that's just me.

I think Im getting confused reading all these things right now so I hope someone can help me out.
If MP and TS were living in Iowa at the same time were they living in the same area?
How long did TS know MP? I thought when she moved her family to be closer to her father she asked if she had anything to worry about and included MP in her concern ( Im pretty sure I read that somewhere)? If he had been helping her father before and then moved away and they lived near each other in Iowa why would she need verification from her RSO father if he was a good man.

Was MP following the family back home for a reason other then the old man? TS or maybe even Aliahna at that point. Or even who moved to Iowa first was it TS and family or was it MP, if TS could he have followed them there?

I hope I did not make that confusing. In my head that sounds right but then again I'm confused right now so it might sound fine to me but confusing to others.

A pickup truck full of cardboard boxes of Ali's belongings...........IMO, Ali probably didn't have all that much stuff that was HERS alone. 6 children shared bedrooms, how much could each child have???? And I don't think Ali was given allot. IMO, what about her Christmas gifts? Any mention of any Christmas tree? Presents? I think it is BS, poor little darling probably just had a few dolls, a bed and clothes. JMOO

1. To spare the family the horrific details of the crime
2. To ENSURE they get a life sentence
3. It's a guaranteed conviction (prosecutors like that) and it saves court time and money

It's not very satisfying of course. We want him to pay for what he has done, and the only currency we accept is blood. We want him to suffer, we want his pain to match the pain he has caused. We call this justice, and perhaps it is. I can definately understand the sentiment.

Me, I think real justice is impossible and I refuse to accept retribution as a substitute. But that's just me.

I have come to the same conclusion, that true justice is somewhat of a myth. Especially in a case like this. No matter how much MP suffers, it will never give back to the world what was taken when Ali was killed, and that is true in most every case where a child is murdered. Personally, I believe in reincarnation, and I believe that when we put a murderer to death, instead of letting them live out their sentence in a cell, we run the risk of putting more evil back into the world, in a different form, thereby overloading this world with evil that should not have returned yet.

But that's just me.

In other news, if you throw your children away why would you hold on to their belongings.
snipped by me.

True, Donjeta! I also find it hard to believe that this poor little girl had a pickup-load of stuff!

This breaks my heart bad :( I can't even being to imagine how much pain that little baby girl went through. Why did this monster do this to her? Why was the 3 girls there in the first place, I'm a mom and I can tell you I would not let my child stay with a man for a week heck not even for an hour.....where was the grandma? So many questions I have unanswered. Was she sexually assulted? I think the cops did an excellent job solving this case and it was handled very well....can you imagine being in their place when the monster told them what he did? How could your emitional feelings not get invovled?

LADYLUB
don't feel bad, many of us are confused also.
This is a very strange case of living in so many places
and how people knew each other.
I would like to know if their is a jail connection between some.
It was stated that granpa RSO and this creep spent time in jail together.
But I don't have the link.

A pickup truck full of cardboard boxes of Ali's belongings...........IMO, Ali probably didn't have all that much stuff that was HERS alone. 6 children shared bedrooms, how much could each child have???? And I don't think Ali was given allot. IMO, what about her Christmas gifts? Any mention of any Christmas tree? Presents? I think it is BS, poor little darling probably just had a few dolls, a bed and clothes. JMOO

If I'm not mistaken on Nancy Grace she said that the Ali had presents waiting on her to open under the tree, still wrapped. 6 children? wow, why does CPS not step in and do something before its too late?

LADYLUB
don't feel bad, many of us are confused also.
This is a very strange case of living in so many places
and how people knew each other.
I would like to know if their is a jail connection between some.
It was stated that granpa RSO and this creep spent time in jail together.
But I don't have the link.

The girls grandma was so very defensive over this man. She was disgusted that NG even mention the fact that maybe he held the clue to finding this case. I wonder if the man and mommy was bf/gf? Seriously theres been days where i've been so sick with the stomach virus for example and i kept my child, until the fact that i couldnt hold my head up and had to go to the er. Why would mommy let these kids stay with this man for a week? I'm sure this little girl was excited for Christmas, im 26 and get so excited for christmas so i could imagine how a 9 year old would feel, probably why she wouldn't sleep.....I really hope we find out why!!!!!!

I wonder what happened to all of Grandpa's medications? He, as far as I know, died of emphysema, and usually, end of life care involves a lot of medications. I wonder if maybe there were some left over that MP could have used to drug children that he didn't want to awaken at a bad time, or maybe even that he could have somehow slipped to a friend, in order to sicken her and have access to her children.

Left field idea, I know. But I still wonder...

Not left field at all IMHO...I bet they were used by the time the old man was taking his dirt nap....

It sounds like the mother moved from Hagerstown to be with the dad because he was having trouble with his lungs. Knowing she was moving in a SO infested trailer park she asked her dad if the kids would be safe (remember not all SOs are child molesters and pedophiles).

Why they didn't move out after he died, I'm not sure. If it were me I would definitely have my kids out of there (they wouldn't be there in the first place).
They could have been in the process of moving, but in all honesty I think the mother was pawning off the kids on someone else. You don't give your kids to someone else just because you have the flu. In that case, your boyfriend has to step up and help take care of the kids and you have to fight through it.
Also just because the neighbor wasn't on the SO list IMO means he just didn't get caught yet. Why would he be attracted to a trailer park that was full of SOs then? People usually prefer not to deal with those types of people.

I live in Hagerstown MD and if anyone has any questions let me know. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be anything different reported here then there is there, but I'll let you guys know.

I know that everybody reacts differently to the death of a child...in my case, it was a long long time before I could pack up anything he touched. I could not bear it. We came home from the funeral home and someone had moved his bike from the front porch (only trying to be helpful) thinking it would be hard for us to see it......not so. I immediately got it and parked it back where I could see. I smelled his clothes. I sent someone to the hospital to retrieve the clothes he was wearing when he was hit by the car. I just can't imagine parting with his stuff....they tell you not to make sudden changes....give it time and all that. I guess I don't understand this move on the mother's part but I suppose it is not for me to say. This case is sooooo sad. I pray this piece of **** burns for everything he did to this little angel.

I am so sorry for your loss, Nana46!

I'm wondering how he feels about that now.

I read on MSN that grandpa said they were wrong about him.....I'm telling you guys, the way grandma was taking up for this man really struck me the wrong way...something is up with this family......

Greg Shumaker said he introduced Plumadore to Lemmon shortly after Plumadore moved into the trailer park, and Plumadore moved in with Lemmon a few days later. Shumaker said he knew Lemmon because they were both sex offenders and were in jail together.

http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2011/12/27/slain-ind-girls-grandpa-was-sex-offender/ax2oemd/

Wonder who Plumadore was living with in the trailer court before he moved in with Lemmon? I really doubt he rented a trailer then moved in with Lemmon. I really doubt he would have got his money back.

I think he moved there because he was friends with someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member