IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was shot then they have probably done testing on the husband for gunshot residue. So he is either in or out.

I am kind of confused about the police being called because of an assult. Was that the husband calling or neighbors calling. I would think the police would be called due to gun shot's or a murder. Not an assult. If you are shot in the head wouldn't somebody see and know that right away?

Anybody happen to have a map of this area. I am curious how close to 38th street this little home sits.

Police announced that there will be a press conference tomorrow at 10 am.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2015/11/11/mom-of-slain-alabama-infant-disputes-allegations

What a weird case. The husband's statement was odd to me but I'm an atheist so I may be missing the subtleties. On the one hand I understand that he was reassuring his congregation that the church will continue to flourish and that he won't abandon them. OTOH though, I found it jarring that he was referring to his wife in the past tense even while she was still alive.

IOW, what if a church member had terminal cancer and was in hospice? Would he and church members begin eulogizing him/her even before they passed away? Wouldn't they all instead pray for a "miracle?" Ah well, I'm not the best person to analyze such things. The call for money seemed to come quickly too but I guess it had to in order to pay for the burial.

Anyway, my point is that things feel a little hinky to me too but I'm still open to the possibility that the perp is an acquaintance or a stranger. Maybe the press conference will shed more light on the case.
I think being in hospice and being kept alive only for the organ donations to be coordinated are two completely different scenarios IMO

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Police do not suspect Davey Blackburn had anything to do with his wife’s murder.

About three hours before Amanda Blackburn had been found shot, a nearby home was burglarized, officials said. Investigators are trying to determine if the two incidents are connected.

Items were taken from the Blackburn home, but police declined to say what was specifically stolen.
RSBM

Well , that's a good thing-- if anything "good" can come out of this.
Cops are generally very suspicious and would have their hinky meters raised for any discrepancies in the gym alibi.

I still wonder why people aren't being told to lock their doors and be on the lookout ?
The sad case of the Colemans' still resonates in my mind, making things seem more suspicious than they should be.
IMO

IMO, Probably: Speculation from Experience;

the family was told she was brain dead with no chance of survival. They were asked if they would like to donate her organs or she was a designated organ donor on her driver's license because she still was breathing, had a blood pressure and heart beat when found, and intubated/ventilated immediately by EMTs.

She was kept on a vent while being tissue matched to those in the nationwide database in need of specific organs. It also takes time to get the specific surgeons and transplant teams there and for transport to be arranged.

Perhaps to the family, her spirit had already passed on and was in Heaven and all that remained was her body. Medically speaking, time of death is when the heart stops so maybe they interpreted it differently and posted their statements from their POV.

I don't know. Just speculating as to why the church's statements seem to conflict with what has been reported. It is confusing.

The cops wouldn't say the husband was a suspect even if he was. It would serve their purpose to make the husband think the heat was off.

Looks like a quiet neighborhood - maybe 30 years old.
attachment.php

Attachments

• sunnyfieldct.jpg
    sunnyfieldct.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 670
Police announced that there will be a press conference tomorrow at 10 am.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2015/11/11/mom-of-slain-alabama-infant-disputes-allegations

What a weird case. The husband's statement was odd to me but I'm an atheist so I may be missing the subtleties. On the one hand I understand that he was reassuring his congregation that the church will continue to flourish and that he won't abandon them. OTOH though, I found it jarring that he was referring to his wife in the past tense even while she was still alive.

IOW, what if a church member had terminal cancer and was in hospice? Would he and church members begin eulogizing him/her even before they passed away? Wouldn't they all instead pray for a "miracle?" Ah well, I'm not the best person to analyze such things. The call for money seemed to come quickly too but I guess it had to in order to pay for the burial.

Anyway, my point is that things feel a little hinky to me too but I'm still open to the possibility that the perp is an acquaintance or a stranger. Maybe the press conference will shed more light on the case.

I think the difference between someone in hospice and Amanda is that it appears Amanda was being kept on life support merely so they could donate her organs. For all intents and purposes, she was deceased. Most Christians realize and accept that - and aren't going to turn it into a Jahai McMath situation where they are praying for a miracle and refusing to accept the truth. In hospice, the person is still living. It's a very different thing.

I had the same thought Zuri. The murder happening so close to the church pregnancy announcement could indicate a jealous woman was involved. I hope I'm wrong.

I may be one of the few that doesnt suspect the husband. jmo.

RSBM

Maybe an obsessed fan of his ? Some woman in his congregation ? "Fan" sounds a bit weird, but some pastors come off like some sort of mega star (or wannabe celeb.) Imo.
If this was the case, how much did he know, and was he encouraging to said 'admirer' ?

My .02 is that le needs to go over his electronic footprint with a magnifying glass , because almost no one communicates solely by speaking alone. Wonder what his congregants have to say about him ?

If there is nothing, so be it.
:moo:

RSBM

Maybe an obsessed fan of his ? Some woman in his congregation ? "Fan" sounds a bit weird, but some pastors come off like some sort of mega star (or wannabe celeb.) Imo.
If this was the case, how much did he know, and was he encouraging to said 'admirer' ?
:moo:

No woman is shooting another woman they don't know unless they're completely psychotic. Everyone in the church would know who that was were that the case. I'd give low odds that it's a female romantic rival.

LE has their work cut out for them and there are things we may never know or not for a long time: signs of forced entry? Victim shot at close range? Direction of wound (shooter taller or shorter); Victim fleeing; what - if anything - did the child hear? Any arguments between husband and wife; wife and anyone else? Cell phone records including who husband and wife were calling in the weeks before and did his cell (if he has one - assume he does) ping that morning and from what cell tower? FaceBook posts/messaging; Instant messages (if any), texts. Did anyone see him at said gym? How close was the gym? What time did he leave? Was his wife awake yet or even up? On and on it goes.

No woman is shooting another woman they don't know unless they're completely psychotic. Everyone in the church would know who that was were that the case. I'd give low odds that it's a female romantic rival.

LE has their work cut out for them and there are things we may never know or not for a long time: signs of forced entry? Victim shot at close range? Direction of wound (shooter taller or shorter); Victim fleeing; what - if anything - did the child hear? Any arguments between husband and wife; wife and anyone else? Cell phone records including who husband and wife were calling in the weeks before and did his cell (if he has one - assume he does) ping that morning and from what cell tower? FaceBook posts/messaging; Instant messages (if any), texts. Did anyone see him at said gym? How close was the gym? What time did he leave? Was his wife awake yet or even up? On and on it goes.

Ugh - the thought of their toddler being in the house makes my blood run cold. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay