IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point i'm wondering if the husband manages the churchs social media accounts. The wording and writing in his statement as well as some of his tweets is awfully similiar to the writing style of the churchs twitter and facebook pages....

The reporter says he can hear the crime scene technicians in the home using electric saws. Wonder why the use of saws.

IDK, maybe the removal of drywall, floors, etc.. due to blood splatter or other forensic materials.

ABC Nightly News featured Amanda's murder. The reporter stated that LE has cleared the whole family. The reporter also stated there was a "home invasion" several hours prior to Amanda being discovered.

So I take it for what is was along with some sensational journalism attached. IMO

ETA: See Ms. Marple's post #193

IDK, maybe the removal of drywall, floors, etc.. due to blood splatter or other forensic materials.

Possible, but I thought I read that the scene had previously been gone over by the techs, then released and cleaned by a cleaning crew. It seems like the sawing happened during the techs second visit, after the cleaning. Maybe it's just better late than never.

The reporter says he can hear the crime scene technicians in the home using electric saws. Wonder why the use of saws.
Oh man why would they be using saws if the husband is not suspected??? :(

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, my hinky meter is still happily clicking away. And I'm not sure that they can 100% eliminate the possibility of a murder for hire this quickly, although maybe LE has looked at cell phones, emails and computers and found nothing to implicate the husband.

But... LE saying he was "100% cleared" is a strong declaration. For the sake of their son I hope that's the case.

From your link:

The coroner officially announced Amanda's death on Wednesday and Thursday's autopsy could answer several forensic questions detectives have which include projectiles, ballistics & exact time of death.

(My bolding) Hopefully those answers will start narrowing things down.

How does the coroner pinpoint an exact time of death if she was still alive at the scene? Wouldn't her exact time of death be when they turn the vent off?

At this point i'm wondering if the husband manages the churchs social media accounts. The wording and writing in his statement as well as some of his tweets is awfully similiar to the writing style of the churchs twitter and facebook pages....
It would be perfectly normal for a church plant of this size and staff for him to be the main social media poster.

Oh man why would they be using saws if the husband is not suspected??? :(

She was killed in the home, I'd imagine they use the same investigating methods whether he is or isn't a suspect.

Re: saws specifically, was she killed on a piece of furniture that needs to be taken apart? or floorboards that need to come out that have soaked up blood?

LE removed drywall, carpet etc from Travis Alexander's home for the very reasons you mentioned.

Has it been reported as to what was stolen in this burglary? ......or other home invasion? door unlocked? churches money in home?

How does the coroner pinpoint an exact time of death if she was still alive at the scene? Wouldn't her exact time of death be when they turn the vent off?

The exact time of death is when the heart stops beating.

Sometimes this continues long after life support is shut off.

They remove life support so she can die naturally, but that still takes time.

The time of the actual shooting time frame is what the LE would look a instead of TOD.

Good to see you, SS! :wave:

Burglars have been known to shoot/assault people if they are caught in the act. The earlier burglary in the neighborhood happened 3 hours before Amanda's body was found. That would have been very early -- 5:30 AM. Wonder if those people were home in bed or if the home was unoccupied at the time. Possibly, the burglar saw DB leave in his car when he went to the gym and thought no one was home.

I'm thinking the burglar/killer could be someone in the neighborhood who has been watching the comings and goings of neighbors. What time did DB leave for the gym? Was AB's routine different that morning (IOW, was she normally not at home after 7:00 or 8:00 AM)?

yes, did she usually take the baby somewhere? did she usually work out also? so many unanswered questions. 8 am seems like an odd time.JMOO

The exact time of death is when the heart stops beating.

Sometimes this continues long after life support is shut off.

They remove life support so she can die naturally, but that still takes time.

Sorry, I was working off the premise that her heart/lungs may have been harvested during organ donation surgery. You are absolutely correct on the other provided the heart and lungs remain.

From the organ transplant surgeries I have witnessed, where heart, lung, kidneys, liver etc were donated, time of death was called as soon as the vent was shut off as there was nothing remaining to keep the patient alive.

I was questioning how the coroner could determine time of death if she was alive at the scene. In order to donate organs, you still have to have a blood pressure and be breathing, otherwise you have about 4 minutes before organs start to die and be unusable for transplant. There are very strict criteria for organ donation as you can imagine.

Sorry, I was working off the premise that her heart/lungs may have been harvested during organ donation surgery. You are absolutely correct on the other provided the heart and lungs remain.

From the organ transplant surgeries I have witnessed, where heart, lung, kidneys, liver etc were donated, time of death was called as soon as the vent was shut off as there was nothing remaining to keep the patient alive.

I was questioning how the coroner could determine time of death if she was alive at the scene. In order to donate organs, you still have to have a blood pressure and be breathing, otherwise you have about 4 minutes before organs start to die and be unusable for transplant. There are very strict criteria for organ donation as you can imagine.

The time of death was recorded by the hospital, after they turned the machines off, then the heart stops beating (maybe after days) then death is declared.

This is an attended death unlike most murders which are unattended.

I think the reporter or writer misspoke and we are beating a dead horse. Time of the incident, time of shooting is what they meant.

I think the reporter or writer misspoke and we are beating a dead horse. Time of the incident, time of shooting is what they meant.

Yes time of incident in this case.

I am really hoping the baby was in another room, in his crib, playpen or the high chair. The thought of his toddling or crawling around his mother is just heartbreaking.

Sorry that you think it is beating a dead horse. I am truly interested in learning how the Coroner (medically) could determine a time range as I don't know what factors could be considered. Maybe the reporter mis spoke and meant to say LE.

There are so many smart posters here and I learn something new all the time.

Oh and...this breakin person...

He shot her in the HEAD.

That's not a break in

That's an execution

from behind
that's some ability to defend yourself from behind! I hope Amanda had no clue what was about to happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay