IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside Edition is not usually where I get my news, just saying....

How about this?
Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in murder of pregnant wife
Amanda Blackburn shot in head

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. —WYFF News 4 NBC sister station WTHR in Indianapolis is reporting that police have 100% cleared the former Upstate pastor whose wife died during a break-in on Wednesday.

Detectives told WTHR that Resonate Church pastor Davey Blackburn's time at the gym matches the images from the security camera at the gym.

Sorry that you think it is beating a dead horse. I am truly interested in learning how the Coroner (medically) could determine a time range as I don't know what factors could be considered. Maybe the reporter mis spoke and meant to say LE.

There are so many smart posters here and I learn something new all the time.

Actually, I would like to know as well. Maybe from the amount of blood at the scene from the wound?

There is so much we don't know really. We know hubby found her at approximately 8:30 but we don't know when he left for the gym. One thing I will say, I have never, ever heard of LE clearing anyone 100% in such a short period of time. Ever. Unless there was an eye witness, nope.

I don't believe I've seen anyone cleared so fast. Did a neighbor hear gunshots? How would LE pinpoint the time she was shot? Could they tell that she had been shot 20 minutes before he got home? I'm confused here.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but was there any sign of forced entry? TIA.

is this a new foundation type of church? do the ministers go to theological college or internet mail order?
I had a girl work for me that her husband started a small church and he got his minister teaching and diploma over the internet.
I attended a couple times for her sake............different to say he least.
They move around allot.
Just wondering.......

"Exact time of death?" Wouldn't that be at the hospital when they pronounced it?

Something. Isn't. Making. Sense.

How does the coroner pinpoint an exact time of death if she was still alive at the scene? Wouldn't her exact time of death be when they turn the vent off?

Yep, how indeed? :thinking: I assumed the coroner misspoke or else he was misquoted. I'm not even sure if there's a way to pinpoint the time of the shooting either, it seems like the best estimate will come from other evidence and not forensic examination. I hope LE gets lucky and finds video from nearby home security cameras.

BTW, Amanda's shooting is now being reported as a home invasion, which implies a very violent act or at least it does to me - I lived a number of years in Miami where home invasions happened all too frequently. Home invaders don't care if someone is in the house and sometimes even target the residents.

Poor Amanda must have been terrified for herself, for her son and for her unborn baby. One of the news videos said LE has an idea of how the perp(s) got into the house. If they smashed down a door it would have been obvious to the husband when he came home so maybe they jimmied a lock? If she had just let them in then it would be hard to determine the point of entry.

Is there a link for that quote he gave? The statement?

Here ya go:

Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, issued the following statement:
"It’s impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process. My wife was such a beautiful, gracious, loving woman of God. I have not only lost my ministry partner and support but also my very best friend. There is no way to prepare yourself for circumstances like these. As deeply as I am hurting I am hopeful and confident that good things will come of this. I rest in the truth of Romans 8:28 that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose."
"Thank you for understanding my desire to take these next few days to continue to grieve for Amanda Grace. My focus right now is to let The Lord minister to my heart as I continue to shepherd little Weston’s. I’ll be taking this time to focus on being a great follower of Jesus, dad, family member, and pastor to our growing church."
"Amanda made it her life’s calling to love and serve everyone she knew. Even more, she has made it her life’s mission to see as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their personal Savior. I know that in her death and legacy even more people will come to a saving faith in Christ. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt her desire for me would be to continue what we’ve started here in Indy. I hold firm to the belief that God is still good, that He takes our tragedy and turns it into triumph, and that the best truly is yet to come.
"

from Nov 11, http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/indy-pa...-home-invasion-is-being-kept-on-a-ventilator/

Actually, I would like to know as well. Maybe from the amount of blood at the scene from the wound?

There is so much we don't know really. We know hubby found her at approximately 8:30 but we don't know when he left for the gym. One thing I will say, I have never, ever heard of LE clearing anyone 100% in such a short period of time. Ever. Unless there was an eye witness, nope.

forgive me, I'm just thinking out loud. Wasn't it was stated early on that there are many camera's in this neighborhood? I think it's possible LE knows where the husband was at the time of the shooting. Perhaps they have home security cameras. They may have video outside showing someone approaching the home when they also have surveillance of the pastor at the gym. I guess we will know more after the press conference tomorrow. As for me, the husband is a victim as well at this point.

I can't judge the statement released by the pastor/church. I really don't know who actually wrote it or what the pastors mental state is at this point. It may turn out the husband is responsible, but he also may be completely innocent. Our words here will live forever..........for their little boy to grow up and read. As for me, I'll wait and see.

About the comment good things will come of this. I'm pretty sure most Christians think that all things happen for a reason. So that is my take on what he means. You hear this especially when someone dies young.

is this a new foundation type of church? do the ministers go to theological college or internet mail order?
I had a girl work for me that her husband started a small church and he got his minister teaching and diploma over the internet.
I attended a couple times for her sake............different to say he least.
They move around allot.
Just wondering.......
He graduated from Southern Wesleyan University with a Communications and Christian Ministries bachelors degree.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any word from Amanda's side of the family?
Her father is also a minister?

He was a pastor at New Spring Church in Anderson, SC before he planted this church. Which is just another word for starting it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

thank you, pretty young for such a responsibility?

Any word from Amanda's side of the family?
Her father is also a minister?

Not that I have seen. Her father is Phil Byars pastor of First Baptist Church in Elkhart, IN. Davey's father is also a pastor. At Next Church in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude