IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not start his own breakaway religion. He planted a church sent by the church he was at in SC. They are Wesleyan.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

"On Friday IMPD will host a news conference to talk about homicides in the area. The department is also expected to address the latest in the Blackburn murder." from wishtv article, also posted upthread
{ETA link http://wishtv.com/2015/11/12/impd-looking-for-clues-in-murder-of-pastors-wife/ Nov 12}

Seems unusual for PD to hold presser about "homicides in the area" when a new, unsolved homicide sits on the front burner. JM2cts.
Is PD trying to downplay MSM's attn to this homicide? Or to balance out other homicides in metro Indy which have not gotten so much MSM attn or not so 'newsworthy', i.e., inner city or gang deaths? Lots of unsolved(or solved)deaths? IDK.

mod alert

hey folks,

mr. Blackburn is a victim here also, as is the family. please don't post his sm posts here or any of the families.

tread very lightly when discussing mr. Blackburn, he hasn't been named a poi/suspect.

:tyou:

bbm

Bump!!! Amanda is a victim too.

He is the pastor of Resonate Church in Indy, that is his job.

He did not start his own breakaway religion. He planted a church sent by the church he was at in SC. They are Wesleyan.

Humm then I wonder if the church in SC was supporting them?

Wesleyan is huge. https://www.wesleyan.org/job

Now I am thinking he was a salaried employee starting up a new church in Indy. I wonder how much they earn?

At this time I do not think he is in involved. I would have to see some kind of evidence. Have the police said he is a suspect or suggested it?

What he said sounds pretty typical of what a Pastor would say, imo.

We have seen some very hideous home invasions of late and the motto now for all home invaders seems to be to kill any living witness who can tell what happen.

IMO

I agree. To me it sounds like he just stepped into preacher mode while he talked. It might be automatic (and possibly easier) to speak from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Humm then I wonder if the church in SC was supporting them?
A lot of times, church planters raise support (money) prior to planting a church which is their salary for maybe 1 year or so while the church they are planting gets up and running. I would think by now the church is paying his salary. Since he was sent from his previous church it is highly likely that some or all of his support came from them originally.

There is absolutely 0 indication at this point that they were having money problems. Or did I miss something?

IMO the presser is because this story is getting national attention. Keeping up with Indy news as I used to live there, there seems to be shootings/homicides there daily within the past few years....And as you can guess, hardly any pressers for the majority of thoses cases that I can remember off the top of my head.

I found this on Yahoo Ask.

http://www1.salary.com/Pastor-Salaries.html

Pastor Salaries

View Pastor Hourly Wages

Alternate Job Titles: Pastor, Minister

What is the average annual salary for Pastor?
How much does a Pastor make? The median annual Pastor salary is $89,977 with a range usually between $73,970-$102,007. However, the salary for someone with the title Pastor may vary depending on a number of factors including industry, company size, location, years of experience and level of education. Our team of Certified Compensation Professionals has analyzed survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at companies of all sizes and industries to present this range of annual salaries for people with the job title Pastor in the United States.

Parishioners donations is the only income for a church. So maybe the SC faction helped him out since he wasn't established out there yet. Idk. Maybe you folks are right.

I'm missing something here. What difference does it make what the salary of this young couple was?

To start your own Religion, you've got to have a lot of faith that things will go your way.

And that your way The Only True Path.

It takes a certain personality type imo. Almost, Prophetic...to wish for and guide a congregation into new waters amongst traditional established religion.
What are you talking about? There is none of that going on from what we cam see. Unless you have personally been to Resonate and have heard him doing what you are saying? Maybe you have... Wesleyans are pretty mainstream Christian. We are not talking a fanatical off the beaten path faction.

IMO the presser is because this story is getting national attention. Keeping up with Indy news as I used to live there, there seems to be shootings/homicides there daily within the past few years....And as you can guess, hardly any pressers for the majority of thoses cases that I can remember off the top of my head.

Its the victim profile that makes this one News, imo.

Beautiful, white, nice, religious good postcode young moms don't just get shot in the head in cul de sacs in front of their toddlers, very often.

Then being married to a Pastor - even more newsworthy, given recent similar cases.

I'm confused. Did you read somewhere money was tight for this young family? I believe being a Pastor is a "real job".

Please note. I was asking a question since his parishioners seem limited in numbers at his local preaching site that is not even a church building . Thanks.

That's a pretty big assumption. Using school buildings is quite common these days for churches. I am familiar with churches that have 500-1000 attenders who meet in schools because to build a building to house them would be too expensive and they can rent the school for a lot less.

I have no idea what their attendance numbers are, but I do not get the impression this is a tiny church.

Most schools can not mix religion with anything pertaining to the school. Its against a federal law. So maybe they did let them hold sermons on site. But i doubt it would be that huge. Jmo

Most schools can not mix religion with anything pertaining to the school. Its against a federal law. So maybe they did let them hold sermons on site. But i doubt it would be that huge. Jmo
Schools can and do rent their buildings all the time, especially to churches all over this country. Hundreds and probably thousands of them. This is a fact, I am not guessing.

To start your own Religion, you've got to have a lot of faith that things will go your way.

And that your way The Only True Path.

It takes a certain personality type imo. Almost, Prophetic...to wish for and guide a congregation into new waters amongst traditional established religion.

BBM OT Thanks, SapphireSteel, now I have that old George Michael song running through my head!

Maybe a bit of levity is needed about now?

[video=youtube;lu3VTngm1F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3VTngm1F0[/video]

I live in Greenville sc. This whole new spring crew are cult like.(that is the church he comes from) You cannot even begin to question the leadership, even when they curse from the pulpit. You'll have to excuse me while I wait for some time to pass even if he is cleared.
This whole thing makes me say hmmmmm.
Hopefully I am wrong.

Greetings neighbor. I too have heard a few stories. Seems like these types of churches are prevalent in this area.

Come on Dex. You're a soft-hearted guy who shoots from the hip, but you (and others) are really losing me here tonight. This man is a victim. His wife has been murdered. You don't have to like his church, but how about some compassion?

P.S. I shipped out the meerkat tutus and sweaters today. :)

I agree he's a victim and should be treated with compassion the same way we treat other victims, but their finances could have been a motive for someone else. He owed money or someone thought they had money or wanted their money back. Who knows, but this could be all about money no matter who did it.

Jmo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads