IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion, but I don't think anything of value will come of this press conference.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/13/impd-ch...t-crime-in-city-and-amanda-blackburns-murder/
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Nov. 13, 2015)—Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department Chief Rick Hite will hold a press conference Friday to discuss crime in the city, including the recent murder of Amanda Blackburn.
Chief Hite is expected to address some of the department’s successes this year, the homicide rate in 2015 and the killing of Blackburn, who was shot during a home invasion robbery Tuesday morning. She was pronounced dead Thursday and her death was officially ruled a homicide.
Investigators are looking into the possibility that other burglaries could be connected to the case. Police say three hours before Blackburn was killed, burglars broke into a house a few doors down from the Blackburn residence. Another home invasion was reported about 10 miles away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewSpring_Church

The Blackburns came from this church is Anderson SC. It has many branches here is SC. Our local Spartanburg church first met in a Marriott hotel until there was no room large enough to hold the crowd. Then they bought a former Best Buy store, remodeled it and now have services there. It is a Baptist church. He attended Southern Wesleyan College.
Southern Baptists support "church planting" and will assist them until they either make it or give up. I do not attend New Spring, but I am a Baptist and know many people who go here. It is a young, with-it mega church.
I don't know what gym he is a member of, but all the big chains here are now $10 a month, no contract required.
All that said, something about this story ain't working for me. A break-in generally doesn't end in a young mother shot in the head. I'm not ready to say the husband is involved, but I'm checking for a girl friend or something. Did he take a poly? Is just that he was at the gym enough to clear him. I keep thinking about that head of security for Joyce Meyers who killed his wife and kids, so he could have the girlfriend and the cushy job.
I'm going to hope for the best.
All MOO

If they have cleared the husband this quickly, I'm thinking it's not just the gym cameras, but the neighborhood cameras and possible witnesses that did it. If the neighborhood does have cameras, it may be an easier thing to clear the husband more rapidly than in other cases. Especially if there are defensive wounds on her hands, and the DNA does not match the husband.

Statistically, I can understand why people may be suspicious of the husband, but many of the things that are bothering other posters don't seem to read to me in the same way.

I don't suspect this husband either. I think it will come out that he and his wife were a very happy close couple. While some do like to interject the old line of 'no one knows what goes on behind close doors' which is fine of course and their right but often the couple is just as happy at home together as they are when they are around others. Imo, interjecting a negative that cant be proven only adds to speculation without proof, imo. So that is why "I' do not do this. I believe in this case they had a very meaningful close relationship like so many other couples do. I will believe that until someone proves otherwise.

I don't think the home invader even knew she was pregnant. Often at 12 weeks some women don't even have a baby bump by then. Of course the suspects wouldn't care if she was pregnant or not. Like I said last night, home invasions are rising, and the invaders have become ruthless and deadly for those they find inside of the home. More and more are also hitting during the daytime hours now. Their MO seems to be to come to the door and pretend to need help in someway and then when the homeowner opens the door they are pushed back into the home and become at the mercy of the unmerciful invader/s.

I have noticed recently that no area is immune nowadays. The invasions are happening in the very poor areas, to the middle income class areas, and to the very wealthy. Somehow society is plagued with those who have no conscience nor possess a moral compass. It is all about what they want, think they are entitled to have, and they kill in order to protect themselves from being caught. No compassion nor do they place any value on human life.

There are millions of pregnant women in our nation every year and rarely are they murdered. More females are murdered who are not pregnant than those who are. And those who were pregnant at the time were not all killed by a spouse. I just read a case a couple of years ago where a young pregnant woman was found murdered in her home. It turned out the suspect was not her husband but was a next door neighbor who had become fixated with her. And prostitutes have been killed who were pregnant at the time but the suspect did not even know it and it was the ME would found the pregnancy when doing the autopsies. The number one leading cause of death in young pregnant woman her age is still from complex pregnancies. A pregnant woman has more of a chance to be killed by lightening than from being murdered.

Usually if a spouse murders his pregnant wife they will do so when the birth date is nearing and when the victim was already 8-9 months pregnant at the time.

The last stats I looked at said spousal murders are declining and around 11% of spouses were murdered by the other spouse. Many more female victims are murdered by someone else than by their spouse.

Did this couple live in a safe area of the city? Of course I know no area in the country is really safe anymore. Even the highly wealthy areas in the country are having home invasions now. Just look at the horrific 4 murders that happened to the Washington DC family and their housekeeper.:( And he went in during the daytime.

I sure hope the suspect/s left something of themselves behind at the scene and I pray they can be brought to justice swiftly.

Prayers to the Pastor and to all of their families who have suffered such a tremendous loss.

IMO

Ok, yesterday reading the headline in the dailymail.......I looked at the pic.....first thought....wow....handsome guy....what?...pastor at the gym who's wife was just executed at home!....Jeebus, what timing.

Then I had to come here and see if I was in a minority...

The perp(s) could have watched the guy leaving the house and then broke in .

Let's hope we learn more at 10. Question.."what is the time zone for this.

If anyone hears what kind of ammo was used, please post.

Eastern. It should start in about 10 minutes.

If she was found at 8:35, when was she shot?

No one knows...and as the shot didn't kill her, Police are unlikely to know unless a neighbor heard it.

Which is likely in a cul de sac imo...

Unless of course the perp had a silencer. Which tends to lend credence to a Planned Hit.

As does the Head Shot.

Yes home invasions happen, often.

Yes women get shot often.

But a woman shot in the Head and nothing else taken?

Come on....that's not a burglary - that's an execution.

Whoever did it, entered that house with one goal - murdering Amanda.

Do we know for a fact that nothing else was taken? With LE being as tight-lipped as they are, they may not be releasing what was taken if it's something only the suspect would know.

There are millions of pregnant women in our nation every year and rarely are they murdered. More females are murdered who are not pregnant than those who are. And those who were pregnant at the time were not all killed by a spouse. I just read a case a couple of years ago where a young pregnant woman was found murdered in her home. It turned out the suspect was not her husband but was a next door neighbor who had become fixated with her. And prostitutes have been killed who were pregnant at the time but the suspect did not even know it and it was the ME would found the pregnancy when doing the autopsies. The number one leading cause of death in young pregnant woman her age is still from complex pregnancies. A pregnant woman has more of a chance to be killed by lightening than from being murdered.

IMO

Do you have links to these stats? Everything I am reading currently says differently. Especially regarding the lightning strikes .being murdered comparison.

Do we know for a fact that nothing else was taken? With LE being as tight-lipped as they are, they may not be releasing what was taken if it's something only the suspect would know.

I think I remember reading in one article that LE were still speaking with the husband to determine exactly what was taken..But take that with a grain of salt, due to multiple articles having conflicting/different information concerning this crime!

Apparantly my device doesn't get the presser...boo hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member