IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be totally shocked if this does turn out to be a result of a home invasion, but it's confusing to me about how it supposedly happened. I could "see" a burgular seeing Davey leave the house in the morning and thinking it was unoccupied. Yet was Amanda's car in the driveway? Did any neighbors see any cars or people who didn't belong around that time? That time is a common time to be going to work so seems a bit risky to plan to be hauling stuff out of someone's house. Anyway, so the burgular enters the home and he is surprised by Amanda. Yet he shoots her execution style? It just doesn't add up. If he was surprised by her, you would think he would just fire the gun from where he was. The only possibility I can think of---and this might be extremely far fetched---is that she tried to kill the intruder with either a knife or a gun but it didn't work, and he shot her execution-style in retiatition?

Pastor's typically are compensated based on the median income of it's members. It varies state to state. Recently, my mother's church was hiring and I was surprised his salary was close to 90K. Mega church it is not. But it has a lot of members who live part time in NC and part time in FL. I doubt this couple was hurting financially.

Ok. I signing off for the night. But i will voice more opinions tomorrow. I salute to all.

The growing trend in Christianity is evolving from the Americana perception of what church is...square, white/brick, steeple, bells ringing, etc. The generation of churches are hip, cool, and uber laid back. Their preachers wear jeans, they have Christian Rock bands instead of choirs, they have coffee shops and gift shops. instead of meeting Sunday AM , PM, WEDNESDAY... They have options...Saturday service, usually 2 on Sunday morn. Nothing on Sunday night or Wednesday at least not at the church. They have small group meetings instead at different members homes. And the greatest evolutionary change...many have credit card readers now...so you have no excuse not to tithe.

Church is hip, young, and cool and brings in a lot of money.

At least this is what I have noticed popping up everywhere.

Written from my phone-so hopefully it made a lil sense.

This is a sleuthing site.

I look at evidence.

Including, in this case, a statement which I have analysed and find screamingly inappropriate at best.

According to TOS of this sleuthing site we don't sleuth victims. The mod has told us that the husband and his family are victims, not POI's or suspects, and we are to "tread lightly." Period.

The most likely explanation is that the perp either didn't know or didn't care about the pregnancy imo.

She was 12 weeks pregnant. Probably not showing yet. And if you're going to break into someone's house to kill them, would you really care if the lady was pregnant? You're probably not very nice to begin with.

A couple of thoughts about churches. I grew up/raised Catholic, but don't really go much anymore. I was married/divorced outside the church, so I don't think I'm eligible anyways. When we lived in Charlotte, I started going to one of those "mega" churches basically for my kids. It was HUGE. Lots of kids activities, the atmosphere was like going to a rock concert, lots of music, dark, huge stage. And I liked the sermons. I would receive really cool, hip flyers in the mail regarding upcoming events, etc.

Fast forward a couple years when we moved to the midwest. I started receiving the same EXACT mailings from a local mega church. I figured I must be on some mailing list and they used the same marketing agency or something. I checked out the church here and it was the SAME. Inside it looked just like the NC church. It was crazy. I then realized these mega churches are like franchises or something. There is a LOT of money in these and thousands of people attend.

So I wonder if Resonate was part of something like this. These mega churches I have attended attract the people like Amanda and Davey (young, families, hip).

Thought about their neighborhood.....

If this were a random, stupid murder, it just makes no sense.

1. We don't know what time he left for the gym. Maybe it was early like 6 and then afterwards he stopped at Starbucks. The killer could have left before people started leaving for work. Like someone else said, this is primetime for people driving in the morning. That is a big red flag.

2. Why would somebody target a random house in a cul-de-sac. This appears to be a middle income neighborhood. Is it right off a busy area or is it deep within a subdivision?

3. Did DB go to the gym every single morning? At this time?

She was 12 weeks pregnant. Probably not showing yet. And if you're going to break into someone's house to kill them, would you really care if the lady was pregnant? You're probably not very nice to begin with.

I saw a pic of her on GMA yesterday dressed up for Halloween. Red body suit (super hero costume) and she did not look pregnant at all.

So very sad. That said the facts so far are making me "uncomfortable". IMO

It will be interesting to see what info LE can give us at the the PC this morning, specifically, what they have found on neighbors cams and what if anything was taken. Have they said what room she was found in? For some reason I feel like it was the bedroom.

If they have cleared the husband this quickly, I'm thinking it's not just the gym cameras, but the neighborhood cameras and possible witnesses that did it. If the neighborhood does have cameras, it may be an easier thing to clear the husband more rapidly than in other cases. Especially if there are defensive wounds on her hands, and the DNA does not match the husband.

Statistically, I can understand why people may be suspicious of the husband, but many of the things that are bothering other posters don't seem to read to me in the same way.

www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/13/pastor-pregnant-wife-28-dies-after-being-shot-during-home-invasion/

A manhunt was on Friday for the gunman who killed the pregnant wife of an Indiana pastor during a home invasion robbery earlier this week, and police are searching for a connection to a similar crime that happened blocks away from their home.
Amanda Blackburn, 28, was disconnected from a ventilator and pronounced dead on Thursday, the coroner’s office told FOX59. The cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head and her death was officially ruled a homicide. Pastor Davey Blackburn, Amanda’s husband, has been cleared as a suspect in the case.
FOX59 reports police are looking at a possible connection to Blackburn's death with other crimes that happened on the same day, including a burglary that happened down the street from the home.
Police are also looking at potential connections with a home invasion that took place on the northeast side of Indianapolis, according to FOX59. The suspects in that case were captured on home surveillance video.
“It’s impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process,” Pastor Davey Blackburn wrote in a message on the Resonate Church’s website. “My wife was such a beautiful, gracious, loving woman of God. I have not only lost my ministry partner and support, but also my very best friend.”

At this point i'm wondering if the husband manages the churchs social media accounts. The wording and writing in his statement as well as some of his tweets is awfully similiar to the writing style of the churchs twitter and facebook pages....

It's a small church.

He almost certainly would be.

Plus they were young and seemed to have a younger congregation - meaning SM is huge with them - which means often having an extremely active SM presence both on personal and church accounts.

Nothing unusual about that whatsoever.

My first thought was this was a hit and the 5:30 am burglary was also planned to lend credence to Amanda's staged burglary. Do burglars typically stick around for an hour or two (though the time of incident isn't clear) to hit the house 2 doors down in a cul de sac of all places? Hmm.
I am wondering if a gun was stolen at this 530 burglary.

http://wishtv.com/2015/11/13/celebration-of-life-planned-for-amanda-blackburn/

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Amanda Blackburn, an Indianapolis mother and pastor’s wife murdered in her home this week, will be remembered in a celebration of life ceremony this weekend.Pastor Davey Blackburn, Amanda’s husband, sent a message to parishioners Friday morning about the service. It will be Sunday at 5 p.m. at Traders Point Christian Church. That’s located at 6590 South Indianapolis Road in Whitestown.
“We are going to worship, share the gospel through sharing Amanda’s story, laugh together and cry together. Her heart would be that you invite as many people as possible to this celebration service that do not know the Lord,” Davey Blackburn wrote in his message after thanking everyone for their support.
Amanda Blackburn was shot Tuesday morning in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court. Police continue to search for a suspect or suspects in the crime and ask that if you have any information that could help in their investigation, call Crime Stoppers at 317-262-TIPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member