IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how close this was to the Blackburns, but it does show how bold people can be. These burglars stole this woman's cell phone that was on the nightstand while she was sleeping!

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveil... in while everyone in the house was sleeping.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

"Detectives and a second crime lab team revisited the Blackburn home on Sunnyfield Court on Indianapolis' northwest side Wednesday night after releasing the house Tuesday back to the family.

A local professional commercial cleaning company had already been called in and had left the home by Wednesday afternoon.

There's no word yet on why police relaunched the evidence techs."

Just noting that if they didn't have a warrant the husband would have had to agree to let them in.

Indeed. HIS time may now have been partially accounted for, but what about the exact time of the assault? At the moment all we have is HIS word - that he came home and found her that way.

As well there is the fact that one doesn't have to actually pull the trigger to be involved in a murder.
You are absolutely correct and I am sure the IMPD detectives know this as well. I believe this statement by the police today is all a tactic.

I don't know about that. I wonder how long it lasts and if showering would get rid of it?

Below, a supplement to SapphireSteel's post.
Showering could/would wash GSR off from shooter's skin. Possible that shooter's clothing would still test positive.

Info from my good friend Wiki:
"Gunshot residue (GSR), also known as cartridge discharge residue (CDR), "gunfire residue"(GFR), or firearm discharge residue (FDR), is residue deposited on the hands and clothes of someone who discharges a firearm. It is principally composed of burnt and unburnt particles from the explosive primer, the propellant—and possibly fragments of the bullet, cartridge case, and the firearm.Law enforcement investigators test the clothing and skin of people for GSR to determine if they were near a gun when it discharged. Gunshot residue can travel over 3–5 feet (0.9–1.5 meters) from the gun. At the farthest distance, only a few trace particles may be present."

"A positive result for GSR from SEM-EDX analysis can mean many things. Mainly it indicates that the person sampled was either in the vicinity of a gun when it was fired, handled a gun after it was fired, or touched something that was around the gun when it was fired. (For example: When a person goes to the aid of a victim of a gunshot wound, some GSR particles can transfer from the victim.)
"A negative result can mean that the person was nowhere near the gun when it was fired,or that they were near it but not close enough for GSR to land on them, or it can mean that the GSR deposited on them wore off. GSR is the consistency of flour and typically only stays on the hands of a living person for 4–6 hours. Wiping the hands on anything, even putting them in and out of pockets can transfer GSR off the hands. Victims don't always get GSR on them; even suicide victims can test negative for GSR." (w some bbm)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunshot_residue

More info at http://www.swggsr.org/ = Scientific Working Group for Gunshot Residue (SWGGSR)

What kind of monster would shoot a pregnant mother in the head? There have to be statistics on that kind of shooting. Almost sounds like a hit.

I read a bit on FB and she comes from a lovely family. They have to be heartbroken.

Yeah, my hinky meter is still happily clicking away. And I'm not sure that they can 100% eliminate the possibility of a murder for hire this quickly, although maybe LE has looked at cell phones, emails and computers and found nothing to implicate the husband.

But... LE saying he was "100% cleared" is a strong declaration. For the sake of their son I hope that's the case.

From your link:

The coroner officially announced Amanda's death on Wednesday and Thursday's autopsy could answer several forensic questions detectives have which include projectiles, ballistics & exact time of death.

(My bolding) Hopefully those answers will start narrowing things down.

Just started looking at this case and trying to catch up. Has there been a press conference where LE have made the "100% cleared" statement? All I've seen is a reporter stating that LE have "100% cleared" the husband and detectives have confirmed that he was a the gym as he stated. Is reporter confusing his time at the gym with a "100% cleared" determination?

Just started looking at this case and trying to catch up. Has there been a press conference where LE have made the "100% cleared" statement? All I've seen is a reporter stating that LE have "100% cleared" the husband and detectives have confirmed that he was a the gym as he stated. Is reporter confusing his time at the gym with a "100% cleared" determination?

I think the first press conference is going to be tomorrow at 10 am.

100% cleared with no leads or other info? I've never heard LE say 100% before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't he supposed to be a victim at this point?

It can happen without the husband or anyone they knew being involved. Here in Charlotte a young mom was breastfeeding her baby last week, when intruders burst into her room and shot her twice. Luckily, she was able to put he baby down, grab a gun and return fire. She survived, and there has been an arrest, not anyone known to the family. I know when it first happened, I was wondering if it was someone close or a hit, but it wasn't. So, it's possibly a home invasion gone horrible.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/46074001...invasion-shootout/?intcmp=hpbt4#sp=show-clips

Yeah, my hinky meter is still happily clicking away. And I'm not sure that they can 100% eliminate the possibility of a murder for hire this quickly, although maybe LE has looked at cell phones, emails and computers and found nothing to implicate the husband.

But... LE saying he was "100% cleared" is a strong declaration. For the sake of their son I hope that's the case.

From your link:

The coroner officially announced Amanda's death on Wednesday and Thursday's autopsy could answer several forensic questions detectives have which include projectiles, ballistics & exact time of death.

They could 100% (or pretty close to) rule it out if they have the killer (s) on video leaving the scene. That doesn't rule out for hire obviously but I feel the odds of that are a lot less than he actually did it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

From your link:

"Exact time of death?" Wouldn't that be at the hospital when they pronounced it?

Something. Isn't. Making. Sense.

Indianapolis Metro Police Sgt. Kendale Adams told ABC News that neither her husband nor any other family members are suspects, and investigators have obtained time-stamped surveillance footage from the a local LA Fitness that shows Davey Blackburn arriving and leaving the gym that morning.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapol...-dies-alleged-home-invasion/story?id=35145807

So LE is saying the husband isn't a suspect. In the accompanying news video the reporter says the pastor found his home "broken into" after returning home from the gym. I don't recall LE saying that - the Indy Star article said:

No suspect information has been released to the public, and police have not said why detectives believe the shooting stemmed from a robbery.

It was unclear Thursday afternoon whether the house was broken into, or whether there were signs of a struggle.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Sgt. Kendale Adams said detectives are "following up on several leads."

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...da-blackburn-dies-being-shot-robber/75637162/

I'm not sure what to believe at this point but it's starting to look like LE doesn't have the husband in their radar. I'm trying to recall cases where LE "cleared" a person then arrested them later.

Tomorrow's press conference can't come soon enough for me.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pastors-pregnant-wife-killed-indianapolis-home-invasion-n461941

In this news report, a neighbor reports that they have video images of a car and also that suspicious looking people were seen in the neighborhood. And also (as stated earlier) there are numerous security cameras in the area.

There are 'always' suspicious-looking people in the neighborhood. Defense attorneys can always manage to point to one or more (yet rarely actually produce them). I think it's part of the defense attorney's "kit".

And it's not like this is a gated community. 830 on a weekday morning - yeah, there might be a car or two out and about; ie. neighbors. Unless it's a car that says "Killers, Inc." on a side decal, it no more exonerates the husband than anyone else.

How does one simply establish a church? And wind up living in a fairly nice house to? Guess the Catholic in me just doesn't get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indianapolis Metro Police Sgt. Kendale Adams told ABC News that neither her husband nor any other family members are suspects, and investigators have obtained time-stamped surveillance footage from the a local LA Fitness that shows Davey Blackburn arriving and leaving the gym that morning.

The nearest LA Fitness is 12 minutes away by car, according to Google Maps; 10 minutes if no traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob