IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused! From the bolded text, is the Chief saying the picture is NOT that good as in helping to identify the perp?

What is the rest of the bolded sentence talking about?

I think it means they don't want the arrest to be based on the accused looking like a guy in the video and owning a similar hoodie. They want DNA evidence, or someone calling and ratting out an acquaintance who was bragging about it, etc. I am still baffled by why they don't release the video, but it seems to me that's what he's talking about.

BBM

Since it would be very unusual to hear a gunshot in that neighborhood, I suspect neighbors didn't realize it was actually a gunshot until they learned of the shooting and then made the connection. They may have been startled by the sound, but dismissed it as something as benign as a truck backfiring. MOO

This is exactly what I'm thinking too. When I was a teen, a neighbor committed suicide by shooting himself and we heard it. We had no idea what it was at the time, but heard it and talked of it for a minute. Later when we heard about the suicide, we knew what the noise had been.

I think it means they don't want the arrest to be based on the accused looking like a guy in the video and owning a similar hoodie. They want DNA evidence, or someone calling and ratting out an acquaintance who was bragging about it, etc. I am still baffled by why they don't release the video, but it seems to me that's what he's talking about.

The cop clearly told the perp that they left evidence behind. So maybe they are running fingerprints to get the proof. Im sure calls have already came in from the description alone. So they really need fingerprints or dna or something. I'm sure the kid has a juvi record or something. Jmo

Great. Hopefully his next victim will appreciate this crawl tactic of an arrest. I watch the First 48 all of the time. And they always release the footage in a presser when things get stumped . And they always get leads which eventually gets them the right perp for the most part.
LE even said the guy left enough evidence behind. Also perps have enemies in the neighborhood as well or concerned citizens that want them off the streets.
So a video release will likely point in the right direction before the guy flees. Which he probably has already. Jmo my dear friend.

Just a couple thoughts.
When discussing crimes, investigations, suspects, criminals, and LE (among other subjects), some people hesitate to use 'always' & 'never.' TV, movies, books, etc. sometimes take a bit or a lot of artistic license w facts and events.

I'll preface by saying I have a lot of questions about this case- but that said, I was just perusing Google maps on the street where they live and it seems much more plausible to me that a burglar would target their house than what I'd originally thought. I've read in various places that some people are questioning a burglar going to a cul-de-sac b/c of the "one way in/one way out" nature of it, and also risking a slower getaway. But when I looked at the overview of their neighborhood and where exactly their street was, and their house, I can see a person thinking that going to the most secluded spot possible would be better than hitting a house near the main thoroughfare.

Not particularly enlightening, but just sharing MO that I'm starting to see it as a more likely street to target.

Particularly if the suspect is 5'4 to 5'9. That's pretty distinctive.
I'm curious to know if the suede detail to the hoodie came from video or a witness. That's a pretty distinct piece of info, and also something that people may recognize.

I am so curious as to why LE is not releasing stills or video of the suspect!

bbm

I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if all they have is a picture of a guy whose head & face are covered by the hood and no face is visible. LE may be bluffing and hoping the perp is doing some bragging to someone who might tell LE...

bbm

I hope I'm wrong, but I wonder if all they have is a picture of a guy whose head & face are covered by the hood and no face is visible. LE may be bluffing and hoping the perp is doing some bragging to someone who might tell LE...

From your lips to God's ears!

The couple did have marriage problems. But we all do at some point.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/nati...ues-left-in-slaying-of-pastors-wife/75787224/

The Blackburns moved to Indianapolis two years ago to plant a new church. They had lived for four years in South Carolina, where Davey Blackburn served as an assistant pastor at*NewSpring Church. NewSpring, which provided*The Star*with the photos of the smiling couple, now sees more than 30,000 people every Sunday.

“When you're dating and so in love, you can forget about all the conflict or the things that might annoy you. But once you get married those things become a really big deal.”

-Amanda Blackburn-

The Blackburns called their Indianapolis mission the*Resonate Church. Its message was tailored to young people. Each week thesermon videos*are posted on the church website. Topics have included relationship advice, resolving conflicts and what the bible says about sex.

In the*Oct. 27 sermon, the Blackburns spoke openly about their relationship and their struggles to mesh as a couple.

They met on a blind date. Amanda's sister was dating Davey's best friend. They went to a concert by the Christian band*Hawk Nelson. They were attending different colleges at the time. Davey was on fall break, and he hung out with Amanda the whole week. They just clicked.

To the outside world, they were the perfect couple. But they struggled, too.

"We had a really great honeymoon," Amanda said in the video of the Oct. 27 question-and-answer style sermon. "We were so in love, taking pictures. Then, literally, the next day he went to work. It was like honeymoon over."

Before the wedding, they had been dating long distance and had not really spent more than a few weeks together at a time.

"When you're dating and so in love, you can forget about all the conflict or the things that might annoy you," Amanda said. "But once you get married those things become a really big deal."

They went to counseling and learned to communicate.

In the*Oct. 20 sermon, Davey Blackburn told the congregation that Amanda took a purity pledge when she was a teen.

She was so true to that pledge that she refused to even kiss a man before she was married.

"Do you know how much that meant to me?" he said. "From that moment that I kissed her I knew there was going to be a special bond inside of God's plan for us."

I have a question. According to the directions of the Church FB page, services are held inside a school? Is that correct? So does the Church not have an actual brick and mortar building of their own?

https://www.facebook.com/ResonateIndy/

<snip>

Correct.

Since many people mentioned it the other day as well...

That's extremely, extremely common in many places - and increasingly so, particularly among non-denominational Evangelical churches.

Some do it intentionally b/c it gives them an avenue to reach out to the community and the families at the school since some come out of curiosity since it's right there.

Others do it because it is extremely difficult to buy land zoned for a church and they can't meet in the area they feel called to have a church in because there just isn't - and possibly never will be - land available.

Others do it for a time while in the process of doing a capital campaign for a building project as their church grows.

And still others do it because especially when they're wanting to reach out to 'unchurched' people (vs. those who may be regular attendees elsewhere and who might switch churches) there are a lot of people who just flat out don't feel comfortable with walking into a church building. It might be because of something in the past, or feeling it's more formal, or feeling they wouldn't belong, yet a more informal setting of a school, often with people dressing more casually, what's often a more laid-back style across the board, and more 'contemporary' music can feel more approachable for many.

Many of the largest evangelical Christian churches today started off meeting in schools, strip malls, or movie theatres, in most cases meeting in a home prior to their official 'launch.'

Just some off the list of the top 100 largest Christian churches in America that I know the roots of off the top of my head - but I know you'd find it true with the majority of the rest, as well.

• Willow Creek started in a movie theatre
  • Saddleback at Laguna Hills HS
  • Fellowship Church rented facility between an arts center and high school
  • Elevation Church in Providence HS
  • Lakewood Church in a feed store
  • North Point in rented mixed use space
  • LifeChurch.tv in a garage
  • NewSpring (parent church of Davey and Amanda's) the campus of Anderson University
  • Church of the Highlands in the arts center of Mountain Brooks HS
  • Gateway Church in a Hilton Hotel
  • McLean Bible Church in Chesterbrook Elementary
  • Christ's Church of the Valley in a theatre briefly then an elementary school
  • The Rock Church on the campus of SDSU
  • Mariner's Church on Monte Vista HS campus

http://www.outreachmagazine.com/2013-outreach-100-largest-churches-america.html

But as many people don't know of them until they are larger, often there's a misconception that they started with their own facility from the get go, which is much more the exception than the rule nowadays, even if they are a church plant from a larger church.

Just posting Bessie's warning for those who haven't seen it. If you have any questions please pm a mod. Thank you!

Well, it's certainly your choice whether or not to accept the statement as fact. But as I posted the other day, unless LE indicates otherwise, the husband is a victim, and will be regarded as such in any discussion on this board. So, per "the rules", that means no speculating about his involvement.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

The couple did have marriage problems. But we all do at some point.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/nati...ues-left-in-slaying-of-pastors-wife/75787224/

The Blackburns moved to Indianapolis two years ago to plant a new church. They had lived for four years in South Carolina, where Davey Blackburn served as an assistant pastor at*NewSpring Church. NewSpring, which provided*The Star*with the photos of the smiling couple, now sees more than 30,000 people every Sunday.

&#8220;When you're dating and so in love, you can forget about all the conflict or the things that might annoy you. But once you get married those things become a really big deal.&#8221;

-Amanda Blackburn-

The Blackburns called their Indianapolis mission the*Resonate Church. Its message was tailored to young people. Each week thesermon videos*are posted on the church website. Topics have included relationship advice, resolving conflicts and what the bible says about sex.

In the*Oct. 27 sermon, the Blackburns spoke openly about their relationship and their struggles to mesh as a couple.

They met on a blind date. Amanda's sister was dating Davey's best friend. They went to a concert by the Christian band*Hawk Nelson. They were attending different colleges at the time. Davey was on fall break, and he hung out with Amanda the whole week. They just clicked.

To the outside world, they were the perfect couple. But they struggled, too.

"We had a really great honeymoon," Amanda said in the video of the Oct. 27 question-and-answer style sermon. "We were so in love, taking pictures. Then, literally, the next day he went to work. It was like honeymoon over."

Before the wedding, they had been dating long distance and had not really spent more than a few weeks together at a time.

"When you're dating and so in love, you can forget about all the conflict or the things that might annoy you," Amanda said. "But once you get married those things become a really big deal."

They went to counseling and learned to communicate.

In the*Oct. 20 sermon, Davey Blackburn told the congregation that Amanda took a purity pledge when she was a teen.

She was so true to that pledge that she refused to even kiss a man before she was married.

"Do you know how much that meant to me?" he said. "From that moment that I kissed her I knew there was going to be a special bond inside of God's plan for us."

Without getting a vacation. I still must say that 3 years in while needing marriage counseling is pretty weary.

But hey. Things do happen. But a counselor is only needed when someone decides that it is truly needed to make things work.

Which usually means that someone is very skeptical of things and feel that a 3rd party needs to join in. Jmo

So someone may have had demands which weren't being met.

But still and all. The animal who killed the wife for trinkets should be found and executed. We put vicious animals down all the time. Jmo

Without getting a vacation. I still must say that 3 years in while needing marriage counseling is pretty weary.

But hey. Things do happen. But a counselor is only needed when someone decides that it is truly needed to make things work.

Which usually means that someone is very skeptical of things and feel that a 3rd party needs to join in. Jmo

So someone may have had demands which weren't being met.

I don't think skeptical is the right word in this case. I think she went into the marriage pretty naive and they'd been in a long-distance relationship and getting married was a huge adjustment after that. Plus in his career field counseling is a common thing so it probably wasn't a big deal to ask for help. (I'm assuming they met with a pastor or other church person.)

Topics have included relationship advice, resolving conflicts and what the bible says about sex.

Maybe he was sharing what he learned?

Mainly marking my spot... was hoping for an arrest in the title.

To the one who broke in and viciously murdered this lovely young woman -- we are coming for you ! :stormingmad: :furious:

Blackburn also asked his followers to invite as many people as possible to church who do not know the Lord and warned them not to speak with the media if they are approached.

"Her heart would be that you invite as many people as possible to this celebration service that do not know the Lord. Amanda's story has attracted national news. I know that Jesus is going to make good come from this, so in the event someone from the media tries to speak with you, simply respond by asking everyone to join us in prayer for my family. You can let them know that we have extremely heavy hearts and although we are hurting tremendously, we are still hoping and believing that great things are still yet to come," Blackburn ended.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/p...be-church-sunday-indiana-indianapolis-149959/

Just another weird thing. Trying to control what is said to the media - if anything. I would think I would want the media involved and anyone of my fellow Christians that feels led to say anything then say it with my blessings.

Joyce Meyer started in her living room with just a few people. Look at her today.

I wouldn't say that quote is "warning" them about anything - more like setting the tone/example. I don't find that weird. However, I don't take the statement clearing him as meaning they have had some exhaustive investigation, but I respect that he is not considered a suspect at this time and that the police have implicated someone else. Have to wait to see how things unfold.

I want to know how come the photo isn't clear enough to be released yet it's clear enough that they know a suede hoody was worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay