IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Map of 2015 Indianapolis Homicides ~ As of October 1, over 100 homicides had occurred.

http://www.theindychannel.com/about/map-2015-indianapolis-homicides

Amanda Blackburn lived at 2812 Sunnyfield Court which is considered to be in the northwest portion of the city.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...0x886b568f8a6d3071:0xe8d7bf12e4b01875!6m1!1e1

Other maps of the districts in the city's homicides

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/on-the-streets-of-indys-deadliest-neighborhood

I wonder how tall she was. The crook shot her in the head. If he was only 5'4", wouldn't the bullet need to be traveling upward if she was 5'5" or taller?

It is hard to believe, and so senseless, that a 28yo pregnant woman's home was invaded so early in the morning and she was shot in the head over a television.

RIP Amanda

I65 is the North South route from Chicago, IL all the way through Indiana South. 465 it the way to avoid Indianapolis and going around it.

Carmel and Fishers, Indiana is where those working in the city with high paying jobs live.

It looks like Davey and Amanda lived not far from what would be called the inner city. Kind of on the fringe.

I also noticed where the car the killer was driving was abandoned sits not to far from Butler University. A big college in Indiana.

I don't think a killer would abandon a get away car too far from his home. It was cold that morning so I am thinking he was close to his home or where he was heading or somebody picked him up there.

MOO

Darron Wint also ate a pizza and spent a bit of time with the victims so more of a chance of leaving DNA.

They also showed the grungy video of him just in case. Even though the person in the video could have been anyone. They still put it out there for any leads.

I may have missed this, are there warnings throughout the area about a dangerous man that has burglarized and murdered? Warning people to make sure they lock their doors and report anything suspicious?

In regards to the suede jacket:

I wonder if the "suede" description came from a visual sighting, because most security camera footage is b/w. If it is a description from a witness, there could be variances. For instance, I'm about to post a photo of a suede jacket along with a Carhartt canvas jacket. From a distance, they would appear very similar. It could be the camel brown color that, maybe to an older person, appeared suede. I am also including a picture of a tan jacket with a lighter colored removable hood. After seeing that jacket, it is also possible that the suspect merely had on a tan jacket over a hooded sweatshirt, considering the color differences in the hood and the jacket.

Suede:
uploadfromtaptalk1447691666584.jpg

Canvas:uploadfromtaptalk1447691747796.jpg

Jacket with attached hood:
uploadfromtaptalk1447691780648.jpg

Lets brainstorm why they haven't released a photo.

1. They don't have one.
2. They don't have a shot of his face. (But still could show suede hoodie/clothing)
3. They don't want the public to know who he is for some reason. Either for public safety or something else. Don't know why public safety issue would be any different in this case vs others where photos were released.
4. They already know who and where he is but can't get him for some reason. Don't know what the reason could be though.

Any one else?

Here's another thought:

With the description given, 5'4" to 5'9", thin build, light to medium complexion with hood up, could we be looking for a woman? Would that make any difference?

Total Newbie here - I signed up just because I find this case so strange.... <modsnip>

Police have said there was no forced entry....and I think that if Amanda was concerned about safety in the area (as has been reported), wouldn't the alarm system have been activated?

<modsnip>

I wonder how tall she was. The crook shot her in the head. If he was only 5'4", wouldn't the bullet need to be traveling upward if she was 5'5" or taller?

It is hard to believe, and so senseless, that a 28yo pregnant woman's home was invaded so early in the morning and she was shot in the head over a television.

RIP Amanda

Rsbm

Unless she was in bed or already on the floor, which I believe she was. The head shot was most likely the last (3rd?) shot and she was probably already down due to the other shots. Moo

Here's another thought:

With the description given, 5'4" to 5'9", thin build, light to medium complexion with hood up, could we be looking for a woman? Would that make any difference?

Remember the dc lawyer hotel murder. She was on the best cameras that money could buy. And some still didn't know if it was a girl or a guy.

But wouldn't a perp go to the nearest store to buy something like cigarettes or beer or whatever to calm their nerves after a murder. So hopefully the bodegas were contacted for video feed or atleast shown a picture of the guy.

Also. If the car was dumped then how he carry all the goods. Idk. Very baffling indeed.

True but if they had video INSIDE the first home burglarized, per social media and all the neighbors have cameras mounted plus eyewitness reports how come we don't have a picture of the darn hoodie. Or at least a picture of what one might look like.

I spent some time trying to find a suede hoodie and had no luck. All suede or some with a bit of suede with Football teams. What is it?

John Q Public to know and frustration mounts.

Tick Tock on witnesses that might remember things about that day. What day was it again??? Oh yes Tuesday.

"All suede or some with a bit of suede with Football teams."
Good call, I was wondering how it was determined the jacket had suede from a video or from a distance at dawn, but a team sports jacket could be and represents gang affiliations. If so, that would narrow down the search. Didn't the cul de sac back up to public housing?

Then again if it's one like this everybody in Indiana's wearing them so it would be NO help at all.

colts.jpg

1. They don't have one.
2. They don't have a shot of his face. (But still could show suede hoodie/clothing)
3. They don't want the public to know who he is for some reason. Either for public safety or something else. Don't know why public safety issue would be any different in this case vs others where photos were released.
4. They already know who and where he is but can't get him for some reason. Don't know what the reason could be though.

Any one else?

5. It's an Indiana Colts SS and everybody's wearing them.

1. They don't have one.

Any one else?
BBM

I'm thinking this- #4. The PD has already publicly released enough detailed (verbal) description that they have to be confident in the specifics. Such as hoodie, approx. height, race, car, etc. Yet they've really not solicited the public's help- I mean, if they really wanted the public's help they'd be giving more. More info, actual pics, etc.

And time's a- wastin'.

So the only reasonable conclusion I can come to is that they have this POI/Suspect under surveillance and are just waiting to get a DNA connection. Or something concrete- like a provable connection between the suspect and something material in the home, etc.

IndyStar notes clues in Amanda's slaying:
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...-blackburn-slaying-press-conference/75696864/

Article says cops will not explain why they say "him" sometimes and "they" other times.
Also, the police declined to say if anything was stolen from the house.

New from the DailyMail (great info. & pics):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...egnant-wife-shot-dead-couple-s-home-week.html

BBM

I think it's because they know it was a he who broke in and murdered her, but believe he had a driver or other accomplice.

Other details, however, remain unclear. Although Hench and other investigators used the word "they" multiple times during the news conference, authorities later refused to elaborate on how many other individuals they suspect were involved. Police also declined to say whether anything was stolen from the Blackburn home.

I'm not sure why they (the cops) won't explain the difference in the pronouns they use though.

1. They don't have one.

Any one else?
This is way out there but could they suspect perp was white person in black face and now they need to follow a new strategy?

But regarding the alarm; Maybe she didn't set it once he left or vice versa. Idk
snipped for brevity

Agreed. If my husband left at 6/6:30 in the morning for the gym, I would not lock the door behind him. Of course, that's just me, and a lot of one's typical behavior regarding this type of thing is very location and neighborhood dependent. But I find it very plausible that the door was just left unlocked- morning has begun, people are up, etc. I'm not sure there is a specific more reasonable time of day that one would expect to feel relatively comfortable leaving the door unlocked when inside the home. 7:00am? 8:30? Just seems like once people are awake at a reasonable hour, you'd not feel the need to lock yourself back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member