IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People with dogs may not turn the alarm on once they're up for the day. It gets annoying very quickly having to turn it off and on every time the dog wants to go out.

Or, there may have been an alarm installed but not activated. We have no details on their finances but alarm monitoring can get very pricey.

Total Newbie here - I signed up just because I find this case so strange.... so I've done some internet sleuthing....This instagram account is from a close friend / church assoc of the Blackburns. The picture is of DB's surprise birthday party at his home... Isn't that an alarm system on the wall there?

Police have said there was no forced entry....and I think that if Amanda was concerned about safety in the area (as has been reported), wouldn't the alarm system have been activated?

URL snipped by me.

Welcome to the forum! I think that is a thermostat.

BTW, it's against the rules to post that link you did, so a mod is apt to remove it. That's a totally innocent person not related to this case, which is why it's against the rules. Just letting you know! :)

This is way out there but could they suspect perp was white person in black face and now they need to follow a new strategy?

Oh jeez. If that's the case the guy is even stupider than I first thought.

I thought this was way out there and surprised when I googled and found people who have done this. Of course, these were all people who got caught, so...

A balaclava is a possibility too.

The latest. http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...eo-suspect-amanda-blackburn-killing/75869730/

Seven days after she was found shot in the head in her Westside home, police said its unclear when the surveillance footage showing Amanda Blackburn's suspected killer will be released to the public.

During a Friday press conference, officials with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department said the footage gives them a glimpse of the suspect who entered Blackburn's home in the 2800 block of Sunnyfield Court Tuesday morning and shot the pregnant 28-year-old while her husband, Pastor Davey Blackburn, was at the gym, and the couple's toddler was in his crib.

The description of the hoodie said "suede bottom with a lighter colored hood." I took this to mean that the main part of the jacket/hoodie is suede and only the hooded part is differently colored. I realize that I didn't post pictures of only "hoodies." I was showing color similarities and how I thought those fabrics could definitely be mixed up on b/w footage. "Hoodie" means different things to different people. Hoodie in this house means cotton or sweatshirt material with an attached hood that zips up. A sweatshirt with an attached hood is just that...a sweatshirt. A jacket, windbreaker, or rain coat may all have hoods, but we do not refer to them as hoodies. Anything thicker than that is called a "winter coat" because we live in Alabama and 50 is freezing to us. :giggle:

Anybody happen to know when and where the funeral will be held? I know they had the Memorial service yesterday in Indianapolis but I wondered if they would be taking her home to Elkhart for burial?

I would think a criminal that has robbed before would know better than to try to rob houses on a weekday morning at 6:30 am when they know people are up and getting ready to leave for work. Still feeling something different about this case, because I keep thinking about it, so I know something is off.

To me the problem of them releasing nothing just adds to more speculation from the public. The mind wanders.

I feel like the police are releasing details that are purposely meant to be confusing. Do they mean like a suede jacket with a hoodie underneath? Davey Blackburn wore (not calling him a suspect) a light colored sweatshirt under a leather jacket in some of the videos- maybe that is a popular style for men in that area? Where I live people wear starter jackets that sometimes have leather or suede with different colored hoodies, could be something like that too. I just don't see how they could tell something is *suede* in a surveillance video unless it was like, a team jacket or something that is recognizable. So weird.

The description of the hoodie said "suede bottom with a lighter colored hood." I took this to mean that the main part of the jacket/hoodie is suede and only the hooded part is differently colored. I realize that I didn't post pictures of only "hoodies." I was showing color similarities and how I thought those fabrics could definitely be mixed up on b/w footage. "Hoodie" means different things to different people. Hoodie in this house means cotton or sweatshirt material with an attached hood that zips up. A sweatshirt with an attached hood is just that...a sweatshirt. A jacket, windbreaker, or rain coat may all have hoods, but we do not refer to them as hoodies. Anything thicker than that is called a "winter coat" because we live in Alabama and 50 is freezing to us. :giggle:

It's very complicated. Hoodies that is. All three pictures I posted said 'hoodies' even though some had no hood. I donno.

I googled forever to find a hoodie with suede on the bottom and jersey on top. I found nothing.

A picture would be worth a thousand words. MOO

remember the dc lawyer hotel murder. She was on the best cameras that money could buy. And some still didn't know if it was a girl or a guy.

But wouldn't a perp go to the nearest store to buy something like cigarettes or beer or whatever to calm their nerves after a murder. So hopefully the bodegas were contacted for video feed or atleast shown a picture of the guy.

Also. If the car was dumped then how he carry all the goods. Idk. Very baffling indeed.

ita....................

I have been away from WS all weekend.
Does LE have the SUV?
I recall reading it was stolen

Weird....even though it is almost 8 hours away in NC, this news article popped up on my FB feed. A woman in a tan colored hoodie attempted to gain access to another woman's home, and a masked man was waiting off camera. This home surveillance camera IS in color, so maybe that's the type being looked at in the Blackburn case, as well.

http://www.wdam.com/story/30514032/...masked-person-outside-home?clienttype=generic

True, how do they know it was a man. The stats could suggest a woman.

Something I can't figure out (any thoughts?)-

It seems the running theory of police is that the burglar(s) were already there on the street from other house burglary a bit earlier and were kind of canvassing the neighboring houses, noticed Davey leaving a little after 6am, and thus decided no one was home and took their opportunity to go into the Blackburn house.

Since when does a young adult man leaving early in the morning mean no one is home? Why would a burglar assume that he was unmarried and no one else was in that house? Pretty obvious it's a home where a single man that age is unlikely to just live by himself. Seems like a classic neighborhood of couples and families from what I can tell.

I'm not comprehending the specificity and connection of 1) hanging out and canvassing after already having burglarized a house 2) Davey leaving and immediately assuming the house was vacant.

Additional thought: If the theory is that the burglar did NOT assume the house was empty just b/c Davey was gone, but rather knew it would just be easier to burglarize the home even if his wife was there, then something would have been stolen. I don't believe that a burglar would go into a home expecting to have confrontation and still not steal anything in the end.

At the end of the day, the encounter at the Blackburn's was a complete loss for the burglar/murderer. They stole nothing, gained nothing, and killed a woman (and her unborn child). I guess what I'm saying is that I can't come up with a motive. Crazed out on drugs is about the ONLY thing that makes sense to me in the "random crime of opportunity" scenario.

ok, maybe I am dense but if the video is so good that LE can tell the jacket, hoodie is 2 colors and it is "SUEDE"then why not release it? From a photo I would think suede would be hard to tell from wool material or leather. I am beginning to think they know who is involved and do not want a public lynching..........JMOO That they know no one else would be in danger. My SIL lives about 30 miles away and didn't even know this happened.

ok, maybe I am dense but if the video is so good that LE can tell the jacket, hoodie is 2 colors and it is "SUEDE"then why not release it? From a photo I would think suede would be hard to tell from wool material or leather. I am beginning to think they know who is involved and do not want a public lynching..........JMOO That they know no one else would be in danger. My SIL lives about 30 miles away and didn't even know this happened.
How do you know the description of the jacket didn't come from one of the several eyewitnesses?

A poor quality video will be no help in identifying the perpetrator, and could even result in a false identification.

If they know who is involved, then why are watch groups working their neighborhoods?

Why the big plea to the public for help?

Weird....even though it is almost 8 hours away in NC, this news article popped up on my FB feed. A woman in a tan colored hoodie attempted to gain access to another woman's home, and a masked man was waiting off camera. This home surveillance camera IS in color, so maybe that's the type being looked at in the Blackburn case, as well.

http://www.wdam.com/story/30514032/...masked-person-outside-home?clienttype=generic
Wow, that was scary! And I would never have known that was a woman just by watching that video.

Yikes, no wonder the homeowner couldn't sleep after watching the video. That scream mask ... wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member